Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can your name all your speeding tickets?

88Comrade2000

Mine is easy! 0 tickets here! I was pulled over twice for speeding but the first time my dogs would not let the cop near my car, nor me out of my car (Shepherd Rotti had me pinned to the driver's seat and was facing the driver's window with all teeth, my Sharpei came around from the back and was inbetween the Driver's head rest and the window with all teeth. Needless to say the cop told me to slow down and go on. :laugh:

The second time I had just bought a new Camaro and I was trying it out on the interstate, well I got pulled over and I apologized to the cop that I just bought this car yesterday and I did not know how fast it went so he let me go. The only thing he did not know was it was my 3rd Camaro. :D

I have never been ticketed for speeding. I'm know I'm going to regret saying that as I'll probably get nailed on the way home tonight :(

Question for those of you who were snagged - did you see a significant increase in your insurance? Just wondering because, believe it or not, I don't know anyone who was ever snagged for speeding now that I think of it - at least not family and close friends...odd.

Yeah vienna police are real jerks but ive lived in vienna my whole life so i have an idea about where they hang out. and the main road through vienna is route 123. but ive been driving for about 2.5 years and am yet to get a ticket for anything, pretty proud of myself for it aswell.

I'm sure a decent number of you on here know where Park Street intersects Cedar Lane, by Thoreau Middle School. A block or so before you get to Cedar there's that huge hill. Just as I was cresting the hill doing about 40, I saw four marked squad cars sitting at the bottom of the hill. I slowed down to 25, but the idiot in front of me went roaring by. Not one, but two of the cops pulled out after him, sirens and all. :laugh: :doh:

I have never been ticketed for speeding. I'm know I'm going to regret saying that as I'll probably get nailed on the way home tonight :(

Question for those of you who were snagged - did you see a significant increase in your insurance? Just wondering because, believe it or not, I don't know anyone who was ever snagged for speeding now that I think of it - at least not family and close friends...odd.

my insurance is $1500 every 6 months. But then again i had reckless driving tickets.

My first was a couple months after getting my license. It was on College Parkway, just off of Ritchie Highway. I was going 56 in a 40. The cop stopped me by standing in the middle of the road in the pitch dark and waved me in with a red light that looked like the back light of a motor cycle.

I just got one a couple weeks ago for going 80 in a 65 in Fauqier county on route 66. I was driving home for spring break and was really tired. I didn't realize the speed that I was going. I am debating whether to show up at court or just call and pay for it.

go to court- the fee is always less if you show up. AND...the cop might not show up, and if he doesn't you get off the hook. Always go to court.

One, about 23 years ago. I was single and had met up with this young

lady (that was friend of a friend) at a bar.

Long story short, took her car for a quick spin to see what it was like,

came around this one corner (which just let off gas some) and saw

the cop coming. He turned around and pulled me over in front

of my parents house.

I knew the officer real well. He came up to this car and said, "Gary

this isn't your car." I told it was hers.

Got in his car and he reduced to speed down some. Then came the

have you been drinking question. Told him couple of beers. The officer

riding with him grew up with my brother and he started laughing.

Just wrote me a speeding ticket and told me to take that lady home

and get my arse home. :laugh:

First one in 1973 on the day Secretariat won the Belmont, was listening to the race when I got a ticket in California MD for doing 45 in a 30

June 1979 on way back from Fredricksburg, got a ticket for doing 65 in a 55 on I 95

February 91, got a ticket going 45 in a 30 in Chesapeake MD, I was listening to a breaking news report of the bombing of a Iraqi civilian bomb shelter

I'm sure a decent number of you on here know where Park Street intersects Cedar Lane, by Thoreau Middle School. A block or so before you get to Cedar there's that huge hill. Just as I was cresting the hill doing about 40, I saw four marked squad cars sitting at the bottom of the hill. I slowed down to 25, but the idiot in front of my went roaring by. Not one, but two of the cops pulled out after him, sirens and all. :laugh: :doh:

Yeah i went to thoreau and numerous times on the bus ride there we saw cops pulling people over.

my insurance is $1500 every 6 months. But then again i had reckless driving tickets.

GD!!

Real gangstas don't get caught.

I speed but only in bursts to get away from some dunderhead who I can't trust to stay in his lane or get out of my way and go the speed limit (you know, limit+5 ;)

I've only ever gotten one speeding ticket. Franklin Turnpike, Mahwah NJ. Clocked on radar doing 93 in a 40 zone. The cop wrote the ticket for 55 in a 40.

I had followed my girlfriend (wife now) back to her place after a night at our local watering hole. I couldn't stay the night being I had to be to my shop extra early the the next morning. I pulled out of her condo complex, and hammered the bike, with the wheel commin up as I banged third gear. That's when I spotted the cop in a small parking lot.

I knew I was nailed cold, so I got all over the brakes, and pulled it over as fast as I could. By the time the cop pulled up behind me, I had my helmet off, lit up a smoke, and had my papers in hand. He came up to me, looked me up and down, looked at the bike and said, "what's the hurry, late for a race". Bare in mind, the bike was track ready short of still having lighting, and I was in one piece leather raceing gear. He saw the PRFD sticker on the windshild and said that being a firefighter wasn't going to help me out. He took my papers, and went back to his criuiser. I figured he was a real hard azz, and was expecting the cuffs, and a tow truck for the bike.

He came back a few minutes later and asked me if I needed my licence. I said of course, I'm the quality controler for Mahwah Honda up the road, and my job depends on it. He then asked me where I was commin from. I pretty much caught him off guard when I told him I had just come from my girls lace, had just got laid, and was still a little rambunctious (sp). He had all to do to keep from laughing as he shook his head.

He said because he was in a good mood, I had a completely clean driving record, papers were in order, pulled right over, and was well manered, he was only going to write the tick for minor speeding so I wouldn't lose my licence. He told me to be carefull, and have a good night.

I rode it like a little girl to the state line a mile or so up the road, and the second I hit NY, smacked it down two gears and slammed it hard.

I have gotten seven written warning for speeding over the years. I'm very good at talkin my way out of tickets, and knowing lots of cops in the county I lived didn't hurt.

:cheers:

GD!!

Real gangstas don't get caught.

I speed but only in bursts to get away from some dunderhead who I can't trust to stay in his lane or get out of my way and go the speed limit (you know, limit+5 ;)

well, hubby, hopefully your gangsta-ness will rub off on me at some point.... we'll even each other out

All this speed talk had me think about the times I got speeding tickets.

So can you remember all your speeding only tickets?

Remember them all?! But there have been so many, over so many years...

In no particular order:

1. Rock Creek Parkway, DC - Park Police (the officer thought I might be getting a weapon when I leaned over to the glove compartment and I saw him sidling up against my car with his hand on his weapon. :doh: ).

2. Michigan (outside Kalamazoo) - doing 90 on a two lane road, a cop comes over the a rise coming the other direction, I look in the rear view mirror and slow down, but fortunately he keeps going, so I start to speed back up. The very next car that comes over the rise is another police car :doh: , he gets me going 78.

3. North Carolina somewhere.

4. Florida, on Rte 41 between Sarasota and Venice.

5-7. Montgomery County, commuting to work (at least three times over the years on Rte 355 and 270.

8. Oregon - somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

9. Pennsylvania - on 70 somewhere.

10. Virginia on Rte 29 outside of Culpepper.

Well, that all I can think of at the moment (as if that isn't enough).

:movefast:

Well this is gonna take a while:

1) 1999: 60 in a 45 somewhere near Cromwell station lightrail stop (going to an O's game). Cost: $135

2) 2000: Monterey, CA. 75 in a 60. Cost: $85

3) 2001: Somewhere between San Angelo, TX and San Antonio, TX. Going 70 in a 35. Cop searched the car and all of the passengers. Let me off with a warning.

4) 2001: San Angelo, TX 79 in a 70. Cost: $100

5) 2003: Ellicott City, MD. 70 in a 55. Cost: $125

6) 2003: 2 days after the previous in the same spot. 70 in a 55. Cost: $125

7) 2004: Driving without a front tag. Acted like I couldn't find my registration and found it after the cop wrote me a ticket for not having my registration rather than a ticket for driving without a fron tag. Cost: $0 (judge threw it out)

8) 2004: Driving without a front tag. Cost: $70

9) 2004: Tail light out and cracked windshield, while driving on a suspended liscense. Cost: $0 (judge threw it out cause I paid the afformentioned $70 ticket)

10) 2005: Fairfax, Va. 49 in a 35. Cost: $160

11) 2005: Fairfax, Va. 54 in a 40. Cost: $150

12) 2005: Fairfax, Va. Driving witha radar detector (not on or plugged in) while on a suspended liscense in VA. Cost: $200.

Total payout: $1150 and 0 points on my MD license. (no points just hefty fines from the ones in Ellicott City)

I have also been pulled over NUMEROUS times between and the last time I counted I have received about 76 warning for speeding.

I pay $850 every 6 months for insurance on a 05 limited Cherokee!

Archived