Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can your name all your speeding tickets?

Rdskns2000

My first ticket was in 90- actually I think was on Rt. 29 in Vienna, VA. Whatever the main rd is that goes thru Vienna.

Took another 5 years but in 95 got one for coming home from work in Charlotte, NC.

Third one was interesting. Got this one in 96 in dulbin , Ohio coming home from working the night shift. Cops said one police car was clocking me at 65 in a 35 that buy the time he caught up to me in another car, I was going 55 in 35. What's funny, I stopped and pulled because I thought it was an ambulance.

4th one was stupid! Got this one on the WV Turnpike, just north of my hometown!

I've speed alot on the highway but the only time I've ever gotten a ticket on the highway was when I was speeding behind a cop and then passed him going the normal speed but he pulled me over and gave me a ticket for speeding behind him. I traveled that road a zillion times.

Think the last one I got about 3-4 years ago was again in the residential area. Nothing special on that one.

I've gotten 2-3 warnings and come close to police catching me when I was going 90 or more sometimes. Heck, one time I passed a police car then sped up as I was passing him. Luckily, just got a warning.

Good thing, my accident from 2002 is about to finally drop off and my rates will go down more!

no way. back in the good old days, the State of Alabama did NOT reciprocate with any other state DMVs, so 100 tickets = 0 points. And that's about how many I had after 2.5 years of working as a motorcycle courier in DC. I had sick tickets like, "Excessive Speed" a criminal offense 30 miles over the posted limit, driving on the sidewalk the wrong on a 1 way street, "Excessive noise" for the triple expansion chambers on my H2 (capitol parking lot!), reckless driving for wheelying thru the C street tunnel..........on top of that I got 1 or 2 radar tickets per month. I got parking tickets every other day, and never paid any of them. I'd get new plates every 90 days just as my tag would go on the "Boot list" just walk into the dmv and tell them my tag fell off, easy as that.

Third one was interesting. Got this one in 96 in dulbin , Ohio coming home from working the night shift. Cops said one police car was clocking me at 65 in a 35 that buy the time he caught up to me in another car, I was going 55 in 35. What's funny, I stopped and pulled because I thought it was an ambulance.

!

The cops in Dublin are terrible.

But the cops in Powell are worse. My dad got a ticket for going 28 in a 25 :rolleyes:

first one- going 90 in a 65...I was 19 and driving in Faquier County. I got 30 days restricted and a 179 dollar fine

second- going 54 in a 35 in Manassas City (though it turned to 45 literally a BLOCK away!!!...cop said he was pacing me. ass.) Cost 80 bucks.

third- going 90 in a 65... this time on rte 81 in Shenandoah County. Got away with a fine- 260 bucks.

have gotten pulled over at least 4 more times- once for driving in the X lane on 66 at 2 in the morning (long story...)....but I got a warning

got a warning in Harrisonburg for going like 35 in a 25...

and a warning here and there.

It's been three years since my last ticket (knock on wood). Hope I can stay like this.

hmm... not sure. It was somewhere between Roanoke and Bristol.

The state trooper had a real attitude problem...

Oh...that's a long ass stretch of road there...guess it wouldnt be Botetourt. There are some real a-hole troopers there.

I actually got 2 speeding tickets within a week. One on the way home for Fall Break and one back to school (in 1996).

Now that I think about it, I got 5 in 96-97....havent had one since though!

Had my learners since January 2005, got my Licsense July 2005. Never got a speeding ticket. But I did get a ticket. My church is next to a Capital Police Garage, in SW DC. Anyway I backed into a police tow truck in my moms van. and in DC when you get in any accident both drivers get a ticket.

Just the one, around 3 years ago.

74 in a 45 on the Blue Ridge Parkway (11pm coming home from work, no traffic)

I'm lucky I only got 74, as I had been going ~85 before I came up behind him, also lucky it was a local PD as I would've gotten the rubber glove treatment had it been a park ranger.

Got it dropped to 9 over, no points and $200 in fines/court fees via free lawyer(having a paralegal as a mother can be handy).

1999: Potomac, MD - caught in a speed trap going 47 in a 30 ... unfortunately, one of my friends was following me home, and I got him pulled over too.

2005: Madison, VA - 74 in a 55 going down route 29.

Of course, the best story is the ticket I didn't get just north of Bishop, CA in 2001. We had rented a car by telling Hertz we were on official university business because we didn't want to pay the extra fees for being under 25. That morning, I had gotten very little sleep and was woken up a little earlier than I wanted when my girlfriend's mom found me in her dorm room :doh:

Anyways, after driving like 6 hours, I was probably doing 75-80mph and I noticed this really bright light behind me as I'm changing lanes to pass a car. After I pass that car, I realize that the bright light is a cop, so I pull over.

He tells me to get out of the car, and I realize it's way the heck colder in the Sierra Nevadas than it is in Pasadena. The cop asks me if I've been drinking - I tell him that I haven't. He says, "Do you know I've been following you for about 2 miles?" I tell him that I must not have noticed him, that I'd been driving for 6 hours, and that I hadn't gotten much sleep. I tell him that we're going up to Mammoth Lakes for a group ski trip and that we had to get there first because we have to pick up the keys to the cabins.

He looks over my license and registration and tells me, "You know that your name isn't on this rental agreement?" I tell him that my girlfriend must have signed all the papers. He calls into the station and tries to run my out-of-state license through his system, but it doesn't come back with anything so he asks me, "Is your license suspended?" I told him that I didn't think so.

At that point we hear people laughing in the car (where my girlfriend, Ignatius J., and his girlfriend apparently find something hilarious about me standing in the cold being interrogated by a cop). The cop sees a bottle laying in the back window behind the headrests, and he asks me, "What's in that bottle?" I tell him it's cooking oil, because we have to cook breakfast for the rest of the people on the trip in the morning.

I think at this point the cop is beginning to see some humor in the situation, and he realizes that I've been telling him the truth. I can tell he doesn't really want to write me a ticket for speeding, having a suspended license, and driving a rental car without authorization. So he just tells me to get in the passenger seat and tells my girlfriend to drive the rest of the way. I don't even get a warning.

Two hours later, when the rest of our friends arrive. Two other people complained that they got speeding tickets. Suckers.

I didn't know you could get pulled over for that. I'm the most guilty person ever.

It was a bunch of bull****. He and three other cops in Leesburg pull me over and search my car for pot.

After all that when they didn't find anything I asked what the reason was for pulling me over. He said I gave him a "dirty look" and he was "suspicious".

****ing Leesburg *******s.

i have been really lucky, i got 2 warnings before getting my first ticket which was probably a few months after getting my license. I got another one probably within a month after the first. The first two were in the same county and i did community service and got no points. The third was in another county a prob a year later, so i got to do community service again and no points. So im 20 now and havnt gotten a ticket in 3 yrs.

My first was a couple months after getting my license. It was on College Parkway, just off of Ritchie Highway. I was going 56 in a 40. The cop stopped me by standing in the middle of the road in the pitch dark and waved me in with a red light that looked like the back light of a motor cycle.

I just got one a couple weeks ago for going 80 in a 65 in Fauqier county on route 66. I was driving home for spring break and was really tired. I didn't realize the speed that I was going. I am debating whether to show up at court or just call and pay for it.

I got seatbelt ticket. Went to Wendy to get a snack and didn't stop while turning right. Cop pulled me over. Didn't get a ticket for that but got a seatbelt ticket.

My brother-in-law was driving and we got pulled over for drug search. Lost a damn hour. I drove the rest of the way.

My first ticket was in 90- actually I think was on Rt. 29 in Vienna, VA. Whatever the main rd is that goes thru Vienna.

Took another 5 years but in 95 got one for coming home from work in Charlotte, NC.

4th one was stupid! Got this one on the WV Turnpike, just north of my hometown!

I've speed alot on the highway but the only time I've ever gotten a ticket on the highway was when I was speeding behind a cop and then passed him going the normal speed but he pulled me over and gave me a ticket for speeding behind him. I traveled that road a zillion times.

Think the last one I got about 3-4 years ago was again in the residential area. Nothing special on that one.

I've gotten 2-3 warnings and come close to police catching me when I was going 90 or more sometimes. Heck, one time I passed a police car then sped up as I was passing him. Luckily, just got a warning.

Good thing, my accident from 2002 is about to finally drop off and my rates will go down more!

Yeah vienna police are real jerks but ive lived in vienna my whole life so i have an idea about where they hang out. and the main road through vienna is route 123. but ive been driving for about 2.5 years and am yet to get a ticket for anything, pretty proud of myself for it aswell.

Archived