Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dextroamphetamine:

mistymjohnson

I suffer greatly from migraines, and while I wait to see if my insurance company is going to cover botox injections for migraine therapy... My neurologist suggested I take dextroamphetamine. He explained to me that a small study was done to show there was a link between the two (etc, etc, etc,). Anyway, being the good patient (that I so rarely am)... I get home and take my new medication and GOOD GOD ALMIGHT!!!!!!!! I AM HIGHER THAN A KITE!!!!!!! I feel like I have taken a few bottles of no doz (minus the upset stomach). I know not to take this after... umm... NOON!

When I was at the pharmacy, I asked the guy... "Will this make me sleepy?" LOL... Umm... I don't know why I didn't 'get' the name --- dextroAMPHETAMINE. Having read up on the drug online... I am finding out that it is also used to treat narcolepsy. *shaking my head* And I was worried about sleep.

I guess my question to you all is... Have any of you taken this... How do you bring yourself down? CAN you bring yourself down? Do you ever sleep again?

Why would you want to come down?

When I feel like my eyeballs are going to pop out of my head at 2:30 in the morning... I NEED to come down - I don't know... Call me crazy, but I am not fond of being out of touch with reality. I have serious control issues. I guess that is why I couldn't be a good drug abuser. I NEED to be in control of my body. (Or at least seemingly feel in control of it)

Thanks Doyler and DieHard... I appreciate the suggestions... Seriously!

i got the solutuon for ya....smoke a fat j. i mean roll that **** up, light that **** and toke that **** and dont stop till you pass out. for added strength, use a blunt. for direct "injection" i reccomend you use a bowl (glass pipe) and take a couple of fat tokes. hold each hit for 10 seconds. if your not about to pass out after the 7th hit, than i dont know what would put you to sleep! :laugh:

but im serious, if you wanna sleep, do what i said. now. go ahead...n dont be cheap, spend the extra on the high grade stuff....the cheap stuff will only give you a head ache.

good luck

in all seriousness, if you wanna come down, take a jog, listen to some music that makes you feel good, take a shower, eat some food, and smoke a j. well not neccessarily that last one. but yeah that should bring you down.

http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/dex1129.htm

The above website lists things that might decrease the effects of the drug, like fruit juice. If you continue to experience these side effects, talk to your doctor. You might need a smaller dose.

To clam down...

lower the lights...

don't eat a lot....

watch a movie you have seen before....

lay on the couch or bed to watch the movie....

read a book....

when you tuck in leave a radio on.....

good luck

:logo:

I am too dang hyped up... lol... I have tried to do a few different things since my last post, and have failed to do any of them due to getting sidetracked. LOL... Part of me finds a tad bit of comedy in this... Yet there is a serious side that is really not at all happy with how this medicine effected me. I was under the impression that it only lasted six hours... And THAT'S A LIE! Perhaps, because it is new and a pretty decent dose is why it is effecting me for any length of time... But still...

Oh nevermind... I'm rambling... Sorry... You guys don't mind me tonight...

Update: I fell asleep around 4:30'ish', and slept HARD!... It felt grrrrrrrrrrreat! Thanks for all of the advice guys!

Dex is an over the counter drug, and I found the effects of it quite pleasurable, but I ended up taking them way to much. It became an escape mechanism for me, and it is not a good drug if you use it a lot. I don't think it is addictive, but it will definitely eff you up and it will make you hallucinate if enough is taken.

Chom... I'm assuming dex and dextroamphetamine are two completely different things, because what I am taking is a controlled substance which can't even be refilled. You MUST be given a new prescription each and every time you need it filled according to the doctor and pharmacist.

DC... Laugh away... All of my friend have been blowing up my phone today begging to chat me up. They are praying I stay on this and my insurance refuse to cover the botox treatments. LOL. Apparently, I am a riot... and they are taking bets on what piece of furniture they think I am going to break first during recreational activities (my headboard is out of the question - already broke!) *winks*

Oh... by the way... My house has NEVER been SOOOOOOOOOOOOO clean!!!!!!!!!!

For the record... I'm still griping about not being able to sit down for more than five minutes at a time! GRRRRRRRRRRR! CAN'T STAND IT! (Okay... Thanks for letting me rant... again)

I am supposed to take two 10 mg tablets a day... However, after speaking with a friend of mine (who is a doctor)... I decided to cut one in half and only take 5 mg a day. I noticed a difference in the severity of my headaches already! Instead of taking two relpax today... I only took one. I am not going to say that it wad due to the amphetamines, but it is possible. I will see how the 5 mg's works for me and go from there... But there is absolutely no way in the world I could take 20 mg. I already suffer from insomnia, and he knew that when he prescribed it!

I would almost call him a bad doctor, but he knows that I am pretty desperate to get my migraines under control. Besides, he actually may really be onto something with this medicine. *sighs* I guess time will tell...

*crossing my fingers for the insurance company*

In the meantime... I guess I should just party... Right? All my friends are telling me to just 'feel' the feeling and stop trying to analyze it. lol... I don't know about all that! But I kinda like having near five days worth of work completed in about a day! Now... THAT is just totally awesome!

let me see, the yellow ones were 5mg and the orange ones were 10mg.

the ones I used to aaaaaaah read about were triangle shaped. read a book,

no sense trying to go to sleep.

a word of caution, don't drink on top those dexies, you'll wind up drinking more and may develop another problem that I know a lot about ;)

i got the solutuon for ya....smoke a fat j. i mean roll that **** up, light that **** and toke that **** and dont stop till you pass out. for added strength, use a blunt. for direct "injection" i reccomend you use a bowl (glass pipe) and take a couple of fat tokes. hold each hit for 10 seconds. if your not about to pass out after the 7th hit, than i dont know what would put you to sleep! :laugh:

don't hold it in for 10 seconds. lungs absorb thc way faster than that, after that, your just holding in smoke in your lungs, not good.

Chom... I'm assuming dex and dextroamphetamine are two completely different things, because what I am taking is a controlled substance which can't even be refilled. You MUST be given a new prescription each and every time you need it filled according to the doctor and pharmacist.

The over the counter stuff is a different medication,

dextromethorphan (dex·tro·meth·or·phan) (dek”stro-məth-or´fan) [uSP] a nonopioid, synthetic derivative of morphine that acts on the cough center to suppress the cough reflex, used as an antitussive; administered orally.

d. hydrobromide [uSP] the monohydrated hydrobromide salt of dextromethorphan, having the same action and use as the base; administered orally.

It's in cold pills for cough supressants. The stuff you have is an anphetamine

dextroamphetamine (dex·tro·am·phet·amine) (dek”stro-am-fet´ə-mēn) the dextrorotatory isomer of amphetamine, which has substantially more central nervous system–stimulating effect than the racemic form. Abuse of this drug may lead to dependence; see amphetamine.

d. sulfate [uSP] the sulfate salt of dextroamphetamine, used orally in the treatment of narcolepsy and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder; it has been used as an anorectic in the treatment of obesity but is no longer recommended for this purpose.

Similar but different. . .

LOL... I just now thought of this...

Hey Chom... The "Dex" you are referring to... It wouldn't be "Dexatrim" by any chance, would it?

Just curious!

It's dextromethorphan, a morphine derivative found in coriciden over the counter pills, and Robatussen cough syrup. It has caused death in some college kids by OD'ing, as it shuts down your central nervous system. THer is an entire underground culture on the drug, how to take it and everything else. I was taking it to escape myself from the reality of a bad relationship, but once it ended, I stopped taking them. It is a nasty drug though, and is completely effs you up.

My suggestion for you is to try to avoid over thinking the fact that your awake. Try to slow your mind down in small stages without letting your mind tell you that its not working. I have taken dex before and I would end up calling random people for no reason just to talk. Its all normal (or not I guess).

Try to break the tablet in half and never take it after 2 or 3 pm(sounds like the gremlins). I used to offset it sometimes with nyquil but I dont suggest that at all. All in all I would really suggest looking for a differnt drug to take. That drug can be evil in my opinion. :helmet:

Yikes, Chom! I'm sorry to have made light such a serious issue! I know someone who also used to drink a lot of robitussin... Now, I understand why. He also used to take a LOOOOOOOOOOT of sudafed!

Anyway, I am glad to see that you no longer use this as a vice to escape. We kinda like ya here at ES... Well, at least I do (that's probably not sayin' too much coming from the freaky strung out girl... but at least it's something).:silly:

Archived