Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New group. You should read :).

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Fairly new and have a question---- Is it just New Threads where info is repeated, or if the Mods do not like your thread topic it gets bumped and you are penalized? Seems somewhat vague. I understand nobody wants to constantly read repetitive news, but I have seen alot of threads disappear and was not sure why?

If there is an already existing thread on the topic, post in there... Otherwise your threadmaking ability may be suspended..

Example

Person 1 creates a thread on: Who the next coach may be..

Person 2 creates a thread on: X may be the next head coach!

Person 2 may have a NNT (No New Threads) under their name depending upon the mood of the mod at that time.

If there is an already existing thread on the topic, post in there... Otherwise your threadmaking ability may be suspended..

Example

Person 2 may have a NNT (No New Threads) under their name depending upon the mood of the mod at that time.

Wow, on the mood huh? Seems like you really must be very careful before you post anything on here. So, my question was not really answered. If a mod does not like or agree with a post are you penalized?

Example

Or in this case, Persons 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 all created the same thread and will be NNT'd. Youz guyz iz too slow.

Or in this case, Persons 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 all created the same thread and will be NNT'd. Youz guyz iz too slow.

Also, have noticed certain veteran posters on here can express whatever they feel and their new threads never disappear. Is there a certain amount of posts that once you achieve you can start any new thread you would like? I am trying to understand the rules better. Thanks.

Also, have noticed certain veteran posters on here can express whatever they feel and their new threads never disappear. Is there a certain amount of posts that once you achieve you can start any new thread you would like? I am trying to understand the rules better. Thanks.

Which threads? Can you post specific examples?

Because I guarantee if I were to start this thread, it would be closed immediately.

"OMG Williamz shud be HC herez why"

Understand this advice.

2) Read more. Post less.

How about read more, post "NEW" threads less. Sick of seeing the same topic for the threads over and over. Please penalize people who don't use common sense when 1) not looking properly for a thread 2) not properly bumping it so they "have" to start a new one. Booo.

So, if I post a thought that you don't like am I booted from posting new threads?

NO.

Despite the occasional claims from posters who just can't fathom how they could ever end up on this thing, we have never and will never, EVER, take administration against someone for stating an opinion. We have RULES. They are CLEARLY POSTED. Everyone who joins the site agrees when they register to ABIDE by them.

Again ... no one will EVER be moderated for stating an opinion ES. They WILL almost assuredly be moderated for breaking the clearly stated and posted rules and guidelines regarding the manner in which all members are require to EXPRESS their opinions.

Sorry about the tone. Just want to be sure the point gets through. :)

So, if I post a thought that you don't like am I booted from posting new threads?

No. If you start a thread that has been covered to death, then you will be put in no new threads.

Seriously brother, I promise... it's not a conspiracy. The mods on ES are not out to get you. Nobody is. It's a ****ing football message board. Say it with me. "It's a football message board.... It's a football message board... It's a football message board."

Nobody is here to censor you. Nobody wants to argue with you even. We've got better things to do. Post whatever the hell it is that you feel like you need to post. But if its not an original thought, DON'T START A THREAD. Don't clutter the board. If you would like to comment on Gibbs leaving, don't start a thread. If you would like to comment on who the next coach should be, don't start a thread. If you would like to post JLC's recent blog, don't start a thread.

INSTEAD... and here's the big revelation... put on your seatbelt...

ready?

hold on tight!

here it comes!...

Instead... post your comment in a thread that already exists!!!

Whew! We did it! :whew: :cheers:

Which threads? Can you post specific examples?

Because I guarantee if I were to start this thread, it would be closed immediately.

"OMG Williamz shud be HC herez why"

Why, is that breaking the rules? What if a young fan of maybe 8 or 9 years old posted that? Is he/she breaking the rules? Nobody may read it, but why would that person be banned, scolded etc..

Why, is that breaking the rules? What if a young fan of maybe 8 or 9 years old posted that? Is he/she breaking the rules? Nobody may read it, but why would that person be banned, scolded etc..

Yes, it would be breaking the rules.

And while you're digging up examples that you apparently forgot to post in your reponse (of threads started by vet members that were completely redundant/reposts that were overlooked)... please include these threads being started by 8 year old members.

NO.

Despite the occasional claims from posters who just can't fathom how they could ever end up on this thing, we have never and will never, EVER, take administration against someone for stating an opinion. We have RULES. They are CLEARLY POSTED. Everyone who joins the site agrees when they register to ABIDE by them.

Again ... no one will EVER be moderated for stating an opinion ES. They WILL almost assuredly be moderated for breaking the clearly stated and posted rules and guidelines regarding the manner in which all members are require to EXPRESS their opinions.

Sorry about the tone. Just want to be sure the point gets through. :)

Thank you for the direct answer instead of the dance. I appreciate the fact that I may post opinions without being moderated.

Yes, it would be breaking the rules.

And while you're digging up examples that you apparently forgot to post in your reponse (of threads started by vet members that were completely redundant/reposts that were overlooked)... please include these threads being started by 8 year old members.

I run a restaurant and am actually not that computer savvy, but a big Skins fan and to new to really know how I "dig up" examples.

It's a good idea but perhaps just put them on a weeklong probationary period or something. I feel that nuts are flexed a little too often around here, not everyone is great at search terms or even using message boards. Sure we should encourage that people get familiar with it, but people make mistakes and sometimes threads aren't very well titled or worded, and vbulletin's search (without using a modded version) really isn't that good at all. A boolean search is better, people knowing selectors to to help narrow things down is great as well.

I see this stuff about sig size but we still have people who have 400px high signatures of text.. or yes, their image complies with sig size, but then they have 5 lines of text before that. That annoys me more.. that and people who post a thread title like "Reche Cardwell" .. well what the hell about him? That should be enforced more than someone accidentally reposting something.

Thank you for the direct answer instead of the dance. I appreciate the fact that I may post opinions without being moderated.

Well, you're welcome.

It's a shame you still had some question about that, however, after seven months of being a member here. I'd be interested to hear about any incidents in which you feel your opinions have been moderated, that might have left you unclear on our policies in this regard.

This is dangerous ground on which you tread.

Have you thought this all the way through?? Wont you be doing exactly what you have been acused of so many times on this board? Remember these people here are fellow Redskin Fans, peers and friends. Are you sure you want to play "god"?

You will have to live with the decision you make but it seems to me that this will only drive people away. Those who dont mind it like me will never know the difference but those who will have a big problem for whatever reason will leave and not come back.

I dont think any good can come of it.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

:2cents:

I agree, this hasn't been the most harboring site for fans, that's for sure. Seems like we serve motives and opinions of the people on top, at least there was a poll for this. I don't have any personal issues with mods but pretty much all of my net saavy fellow skins fans in real life won't come on here.. and all of my friends that aren't skins fans just talk about what a joke this forum is.

Granted, I won't call it a joke, but this is the OFFICIAL skins message board and it should be a little more welcoming to ALL fans, and to me, sometimes, it seems as if the sight of this has been lost.

Big punishments for first offenses on the net seems a little strict. PMs go a long way when moderating a board and most people are appreciative of a simple polite warning and will be more cautious of how they continue. You just punish someone and don't explain it to them as much as in a PM and they're going to be justifiably upset probably.

This should have been in place 2 years ago. I've been here 4 years and have started less than 40 threads, if that. Some newbies surpass that in less than a week. I think all new members must go have at least 20-30 posts before starting new threads. Also, to prevent a new member from coming on here and spamming 1 sentence posts in order to reach the New Thread plateau, limit new posters to one post every 30 minutes until they can post new threads.

I'm sure I'll get reamed for these suggestions, but I think these measures will help this board. I belong to a board where I'm going through a 30 posts in 30 days trial were I can only post in existing threads and can only post once every 30 minutes. It sucks, but I understand why the process is necessary. I appauld the staff here for taking some measures that will benefit us all.

My single issue with this is that sometimes we have a player/relative of a player from the team or someone with good Skins info, etc that are new to the board and come here to share something good/important. They'd have to try to relay their messages. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind that at all.

Archived