Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New group. You should read :).

Art

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

personally, i dont have a problem with repeat posts. yall are way too uptight. chill.

I do. It's annoying. I can't say that I've never done it, but I always check before I start a thread. Others should too. We need to have something where you cant start a thread unless you have 300 posts. That way newbies can learn the ropes a little bit before they get throw into the lions den.

• 1 year later...
It's a good idea, but not allowing people with less than 100-250 posts to start threads would solve all ills on this board.

:2cents:

I don't agree with that. The poster, JSGregg, had 53 posts when he posted his signed picture of Sean Taylor - I would hate to have missed that. That's too restrictive. There are new people in here, or people such as myself (I'm not new, I've been on here for years but changed my user name a few years ago) who don't post a lot all the time.

As someone else said, sometimes something could be posted due to the lack of description on someone else's title. Besides, who is to say what is a good title to one, may not be good to another?

The point isn't that a thread topic is good or bad per say. It's the point that people just don't look to see if the topic is already on the board. We've also been fairly nice about letting some stuff slide for first time offenders, by not placing them in that group. We've more often merged or closed threads, and have spoken to the member.

The one thing the staff doesn't have the time to do is have thread ideas run by them for approval. The ammount of PM's and mail we get each day is enough to deal with in the off season. Come 9-11, it's going to be off the wall busy for the staff.

I'm not complaining in any way about the job as a mod, but we need to chose carefully how to use our time for site.

If the search function was working when I posted my Brunell trade thread, then I may not be NNT'd right now.

I've been NNT all year for quoting Adam Schecter concerning the Brunell trade. I think it kinda bites. I've asked for how long this moniker lasts, but no one returns my emails.

I wouldn't expect anything else to happen and wouldn't bring it up again. This is the Gestapo we're talking about here.....:silly:

I don't agree with that. The poster, JSGregg, had 53 posts when he posted his signed picture of Sean Taylor - I would hate to have missed that. That's too restrictive. There are new people in here, or people such as myself (I'm not new, I've been on here for years but changed my user name a few years ago) who don't post a lot all the time.

As someone else said, sometimes something could be posted due to the lack of description on someone else's title. Besides, who is to say what is a good title to one, may not be good to another?

To answer the question about the post for your Sean Taylor poster, I personally think anyone with less than 250 posts shouldn't be able to start a new thread without MOD approval. This will allow a person to start a thread with the approval of a seasoned member.

To answer the question about the post for your Sean Taylor poster, I personally think anyone with less than 250 posts shouldn't be able to start a new thread without MOD approval. This will allow a person to start a thread with the approval of a seasoned member.

Well, I don't have 250 posts, but I certainly am responsible enough to start a thread and look to see if it's already been started. I think restricting someone who has broken the rules once or twice, no matter how many posts they have, is the way to go. Don't punish people with few posts because a few newbies come on here and don't know how to be respectful to the board.

I've never started a new post, but don't want to have to get permission if I feel I have something of value to share.

I wouldn't expect anything else to happen and wouldn't bring it up again. This is the Gestapo we're talking about here.....:silly:

Well, this Gestapo officer never was contacted, and even though his statment of being NNT all year isn't quite accurate, I still removed him from the group.

I'm a nice Nazi :silly:

Or we could all just lighten the **** up, use a little common sense, post with some intelligence so nobody has to get banned or has their privileges restricted, act like we've got a playoff game tomorrow, and enjoy it as burgundy and gold brothers.

But hey, thats just me :)

I am already in this group. Heck, I can't even view half the pictures.

I merely spoke the TRUTH! Never did I repeat a thread. Make one post with emotion and boom. I kinda liken it to a manager arguing with a umpire. I show em up, curse or insult him, I'm gone. I did neither.

Yet the proper police still got me.

Or we could all just lighten the **** up, use a little common sense, post with some intelligence so nobody has to get banned or has their privileges restricted, act like we've got a playoff game tomorrow, and enjoy it as burgundy and gold brothers.

But hey, thats just me :)

Now that's just crazy talk there.

Well... Think I must have caught something...

Board feels very hot and sweaty...

Also it is stuffed up with too many threads on the same topic... :silly: :laugh:

:laugh: Right. A case of Congestive Threaditis.

Ouch.

;)

Fairly new and have a question---- Is it just New Threads where info is repeated, or if the Mods do not like your thread topic it gets bumped and you are penalized? Seems somewhat vague. I understand nobody wants to constantly read repetitive news, but I have seen alot of threads disappear and was not sure why?

Archived