Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins getting CUT

supafly

Yeah, Patten is safe. He's very much in competition with the other recievers for a top 3 spot. After making all the signings, Joe Gibbs called Patten and assured him the signings were not a reflection on Patten and that he would start the best guy.

The last time I heard that Patrick Ramsey was the starting QB. We know how that ended. I like Patten, but if he gets hurt before the season starts I don't think we'll ever see him in a Redskins uniform again. He has to really impress the coaches in the pre season and once the season begins. He can't have a slow start this year.

jacobs is a contributor on special teams? i remember him blocking a punt a couple years ago, but that's it. i dont know if even plays teams.

anyway, he stinks, he's the odd man out. get over it everyone... please no more posting on taylor jacobs. when he gets cut, it will be the happiest day of my life b/c there will be no more arguments about what a great player a guy with 10 career catches is

I'm willing to be James thrash's days are numbered. I sense his duties as receiver and returner, are becoming obsolete. Is Antonio Brown still around? If he is, I'm willing to be he's shortlived as well. Patten is on fragile ground. I like being able to rotate receivers and keep em fresh, but if he doesnt produce and the other 3 do...

Off the top of my head these are the only ones I can sense in danger. Anybody else you think?

James Thrash isn't just a returner, he plays on every unit on special teams and he does them all better than the rest. Maybe with the exception of Ade Jimoh on punt team. He's invaluable for the Skins because of his low price tag and versatility.

Now Antonio Brown's days are numbered if he doesn't show better hands. He may still be able to get a spot as kickoff returner. ARE has PR on lock. Or maybe David Patten, who doesn't do anything on ST, is the odd man out.

I doubt very seriously that Thrash is gone. He's a great STer and a more than adequate receiver. We haven't given up on Patten yet. Nemo or White will probably go based on pre-season performance. Altho the coaches have praised Jacobs he'll a long shot. Might trade him to the Eagles for a 14th round draft pick.

Jacobs and Brown are good as gone. Patten's job is secure. Thrash will likely keep a spot as a special teams backup.

It's unpopular to say this, but I think Nemo and Manuel White are toast.

See, I'm with you on everything but Nemo. And the only reason I differ is because of Bugel's endorsement of the guy being such a stud and the fact that barring freak events, Betts will be gone after his contact ends next year. Rock will continue to be Rock, but I'm thinking Nemo is still likely to move into Betts' role, or he & Rock share Betts' role.

Moss - still the main guy

Lloyd - will see the most action behind Moss

Randle-El - will get rotated in

Patten - will get rotated in

Thrash - almost exclusively special teams; Will come in as the 4th WR and motion to the H-Back/TE position at times to provide extra protection

Taylor Jacobs - unless Saunders keeps 6 WRs, he's the odd man out

yeah id say most likely White is gone. Nemo is possibly cut as well. When you have Portis, Betts, Cartwright in front of you, there really isnt much purpose to keeping those 2 around.

And no, its stupid to say Patten will be cut because we wont have many 4 WR sets. You have extra recievers for depth, and for competition. Having only 3 decent recievers is just asking for trouble, especially small guys.

jacobs is a contributor on special teams? i remember him blocking a punt a couple years ago, but that's it. i dont know if even plays teams.

anyway, he stinks, he's the odd man out. get over it everyone... please no more posting on taylor jacobs. when he gets cut, it will be the happiest day of my life b/c there will be no more arguments about what a great player a guy with 10 career catches is

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :cheers::cheers::cheers:

James Thrash isnt getting cut, coach gibbs loves this dude, he's a good practice player, and great locker room guy....if anything he'll stay on special teams....

i agree. i dont know why people keep saying that he will get cut. he is a total team guy and is one of the best special teams players we have. he might not be a great WR, but that is why we addressed that need. thrash isn't going anywhere

Thrash stays but might get restructured-- he plays too many positions besides WR. Gibbs is waiting to see how Patten rehabs before he makes a decision.

Jacobs is a disappointment. He was a steal at that pick ( or so all the Draft experts said). Reminds of Alvin harper-- CANT GET NO SEPARATION. I expected him to be a solid pick for us. Now he joins 50/50 on the scarp heap.

Archived