Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins getting CUT

supafly

I'm willing to be James thrash's days are numbered. I sense his duties as receiver and returner, are becoming obsolete. Is Antonio Brown still around? If he is, I'm willing to be he's shortlived as well. Patten is on fragile ground. I like being able to rotate receivers and keep em fresh, but if he doesnt produce and the other 3 do...

Off the top of my head these are the only ones I can sense in danger. Anybody else you think?

I'm willing to be James thrash's days are numbered. I sense his duties as receiver and returner, are becoming obsolete. Is Antonio Brown still around? If he is, I'm willing to be he's shortlived as well. Patten is on fragile ground. I like being able to rotate receivers and keep em fresh, but if he doesnt produce and the other 3 do...

Off the top of my head these are the only ones I can sense in danger. Anybody else you think?

Thrash is one of the best special teamers we have and he is still a good 4th WR. Gibbs tends to hold on to the players who play well on special teams.

Hence why McCants was cut last year, he did not play special teams.

I can see Antonio Brown being released but, right now I can not think of anymore on the top of my head.

**EDIT: I forgot about Taylor Jacobs! He has been so great on the field, how can I forget. :laugh: **

Jacobs and Brown are good as gone. Patten's job is secure. Thrash will likely keep a spot as a special teams backup.

It's unpopular to say this, but I think Nemo and Manuel White are toast.

Nemo was activated for 2 games last year and played only on special teams. White was on IR and Gibbs and Bugel said they knew he would be a project teaching him the H-back position. - So what are you basing this on?

They may be the 2 guys that are hardly ever activated on gameday, but unless there is some unexpected player breaking out in pre-season, I'd expect to see both of these guys on the roster.

BTW, Thrash and Patten aren't going anywhere.

Yeah, Patten is safe. He's very much in competition with the other recievers for a top 3 spot. After making all the signings, Joe Gibbs called Patten and assured him the signings were not a reflection on Patten and that he would start the best guy.

The only person I can think getting cut is Taylor Jacobs. He'll probably be kept for a while as camp fodder before the team needs to get its roster down-to-size. There's no absolute need to cut him just yet.

Whoever the QB was signed in January (Bramlet?) will ultimately wind up being cut.

Nemo was activated for 2 games last year and played only on special teams. White was on IR and Gibbs and Bugel said they knew he would be a project teaching him the H-back position. - So what are you basing this on?

They may be the 2 guys that are hardly ever activated on gameday, but unless there is some unexpected player breaking out in pre-season, I'd expect to see both of these guys on the roster.

BTW, Thrash and Patten aren't going anywhere.

I agree with Jimster. Why cut Patten or Thrash when there is no one else below them on the roster that is any better or to replace them? :doh:

White may not make the 53-man roster, but he could still be placed on the practice squad, in case someone ahead of him gets injured.

Patten will be cut unless he can beat Lloyd out. The team will not use 4 reciever sets much. It is going be mostly three recievers and Cooley.

there will be 4 WR's occasionally, there will be frequent subbing and packages of different WR combos and of course, depth.

Gibbs said after the Carter press conference that both Patten and Thrash are very much a part of their plans in 2006.

Nemo will not be cut because they will keep him around for when Betts probably leaves in free agency after this upcoming season. He is a free agent at the end of the year.

White may be in danger if he does not have a good training camp.

Patten will be cut unless he can beat Lloyd out. The team will not use 4 reciever sets much. It is going be mostly three recievers and Cooley.

Why would Patten get cut? Ever heard of depth? What if one of our top 3 goes down, what do we do - sign Jimmy Farris again?

Patten would cost too much to cut until after June and after our debacle with injuries and signing Save Farris to start, he's not going anywhere. Byner really wanted Nemo and he will stay....I agree that White might stay on the practice squad this year which is fine since no one will snag him off of it and we have Cooley, Sellers,Fauria(great pickup), Rock, Portis, Ladell, Nemo....and Robert Johnson.

The depth chart of WR's looks like this:

Moss

Lloyd

Randle El

Patten

Thrash ($875K) savings if cut

Jacobs ($157K) "

The outcome depends on the # of receivers we decide to keep. cutting jacobs only serves us by freeing up a roster spot, but we would actually lose money paying for a replacement. Thrash is slow and old but is a savvy vet and is a great #5 WR. both contribute on ST so my guess now is that they keep both because they don't need the cap space and these guys have been in the system/on the team for a few years.

Thrash won't get cut as he is still featured on the player spotlight on the main page. Also, Thrash's special teams play and team leadership are invaluable. Jacobs and Brown are probably gone. Farris might get promoted to be the 6th WR in case of injuries, etc. His salary is very cap friendly and he is young.

Thrash won't get cut as he is still featured on the player spotlight on the main page. Also, Thrash's special teams play and team leadership are invaluable. Jacobs and Brown are probably gone. Farris might get promoted to be the 6th WR in case of injuries, etc. His salary is very cap friendly and he is young.

I'd expect us to keep Jacobs over Farris if for some reason we keep 6. Jacobs practices extremely well and the coaches love that. If he can catch on in punt/kickoff coverage he might have a chance to stick around. I know TJ sucks but I like his attitude and the fact he gives his best. That and he has tremendous physical potential so I keep hoping he'll come out of his shell someday.

There will be 5 recievers on the roster so Patten and Thrash are safe. Jacobs unless he is just amazing in camp and preseason will be gone. Randle El returns kicks to there won't be any special spot for that. Aki Jones and Ryan Boschetti are fighting for the same spot so one will be gone. Manuel White was lucky to break his leg, because he would have been cut. Unless someone gets hurt or traded board favorite Lumsden is not going to make it. If anyone else gets signed, LB, OL, CB, then someone else has to go, McCune, Jimoh, Molinaro.

Archived