Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has the Draft Hype disappeared?

Burgold

We're getting pretty close to the draft and I don't see as many mocks or even articles about the draft. Is that because it isn't important to us, the delays due to collective bargaining, or has the draft become less prominent to fans and reporters. Or is this mainly a Redskins phenomena because we have relatively few picks again? :(

It's funny, theres not a lot of interest in this draft because we dont have that "sexy" 1st round pick....BUT....this draft is VERY important to us because we still need to add some depth and we're running out of money to do it in Free Agency. Aside from the 2nd round pick, we NEED a few of these later round picks to not only make the team but to contribute in some way if it's only on special teams. We have quality starters but the depth thing worries me big time in a few areas if some of our guys go down to injury. Also, we better add a couple more corners to this team if we're gonna be able to compete with the WR corps of some of our rivals. Make no mistake though, Gibbs and company know this and I feel we're primed for a big year.

The Skins did an amazing job in FA, so we are still running on that high... plus because the Skins filled alot of their needs already, its almost impossible to know how Gibbs will draft. Either this draft will consist of projects, or people that are guaranteed to be mediocre backups. Either way, this is HUGE for the skins, since at no position other than K and P do the skins not have beasts...

We're getting pretty close to the draft and I don't see as many mocks or even articles about the draft. Is that because it isn't important to us, the delays due to collective bargaining, or has the draft become less prominent to fans and reporters. Or is this mainly a Redskins phenomena because we have relatively few picks again? :(

the redskins only have one first day pick and that in the lower part of second round. I doubt if there is any excitement or build up to the draft since there isn't much there.

I'm going to say(as my first post on this board), that the draft hype is non existent in Redskins land, because, we arent' getting giddy over the first rounder. We have all our positions filled, and some depth at the sexy positions. While we do need some depth thru the roster, most of our draft will be just that, drafting depth. Thats not as sexy as drafting a first round running back or quarter back.

theres not that much hype about the draft nomore cause i think we got our

free agents we were going after. if it was the other way around and we did not

get these guys things would b diffrent.like talkin more about whos out there that

would help out the team. i still think there are players that are gonna on the draft

that can help us out. like i think we could draft a CB like tye hill from clemson

he would b great. well thats my 2 cents in this.

It's gotta be due to the lack of a first round pick for us. Remember two years ago when this board almost imploded from the Taylor/Winslow/Udeze debates?

Haha, that was the longest offseason ever, I think. Those debates seemed to rage on and on. We did have some good discussions, though. I wanted Udeze more than Taylor, but I remember saying I wouldn't be upset if we did pick up Taylor. I wanted no part of Winslow. Mainly because I didn't think we needed a TE/H-back at such a high pick. I figured we could pick up a servicable one later. :)

Plus Gibbs was back and TO was about to tear Philly apart from within. Good times.

Guest santana4prez

You dont see as many mock drafts on here b/c of the lack of a 1st rder and the fact its not even April yet. Mock Drafts will be poppin up soon.

I cant wait to see who the Skins take in the 2nd round. If it was a third rd pick it would be one thing but a 2nd rd pick can still help out alot this season.

Quick Question, how does one get tickets to attend the draft?

*figured you all might know*

It's on a first come, first serve basis, and it's free. Last year it was at the Javits Center in New York. I think it's probably there again but I'm not sure. Anyway, you go and stand in line at the venue, the earlier the better. If you aren't there early enough then you don't get to see it live - they put you in a secondary area where you watch it on TV like everyone else. If it's a Madison Square Garden then everyone who gets in watches it live.

In any case, people start lining up the day before, so don't assume you can show up a 8:00 AM and get in.

I think KevinB went there last year so you might ask him via PM.

Archived