Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Love Crabs

Mickalino

The taste of savory crabmeat, just cracked open from a steamed shell of Legs, pleases me to end, except when I think about what kind sea creature they are. When I think about how they are the scavenger, bottom-feeders of the ocean, I can't help but wonder, "If these shell-fish survive off of eating Fish Sh**, then how do they taste so damn good ?

Hey, don't be so sure. You ever tasted fish ****? :)

I share your sentiments. Sometimes in the winter, I'll even throw some frozen alakan king crab legs on the grill. They're not close to blue crabs, but the can get you through when you're pining for them.

My brother and I have spent hours doing nothing but eating and drinking...

I could care less what crabs eat. They could eat MY **** for all I care. There is simply no finer food on the planet.

I have the taste for Chesapeake Bay blue crabs bred into me. My great grandfather owned a crabbing business in Crisfield, and my granddad was a crabber until he came back from the war.

What's even better is that my grandmother likes to pick crabs, but doesn't eat them. So needless to say when the family gets together for a big ol' crab feed, I sit next to her. (She's also the one who introduced young h_hog to the Redskins. God bless my grandma!!!!!)

nothing better than a vacation to the eastern shore, just relaxing watching the sunset and eating a bunch of suculent, tender, juicy crab legs smoothered in butter sauce while you fall asleep to the sound of waves... i hate northern virginia soooo much;)

Grew up in NOVA, lived there for 32½ years. Im much happier im closer to the water now here in MD , love me some crabs! My fiance brings a book with her when we goto a seafood restaurant, cause i sit there all night eating crabs! :)

my ultimate dream is to retire by the ocean in maryland, spend the rest of my days there with a loving wife, get old with some grandkids, tell them stories of the wars i fought in bushes name:rolleyes: . tell them about how in the old days we had things called ipods, meanwhile just eating crabs away like there was nothing else in the world!

actually i kinda wish that were my life right now:(

I love crabs ... funny thing is in high school, I developed a mild skin allergy to crabs. Whenever I handle crabs now, my hands will swell up the next day - not seriously, but enough that you would definitely notice it, and it is definitely somewhat uncomfortable. I think I've considered wearing gloves or something, but I think it would just slow me down ... whatever the problem is, it is much more important for me to be able to eat crabs as fast as possible because they're so good.

I love crabs ... funny thing is in high school, I developed a mild skin allergy to crabs. Whenever I handle crabs now, my hands will swell up the next day - not seriously, but enough that you would definitely notice it, and it is definitely somewhat uncomfortable. I think I've considered wearing gloves or something, but I think it would just slow me down ... whatever the problem is, it is much more important for me to be able to eat crabs as fast as possible because they're so good.

My dad is the same way. He found out it was the paprika in the Old Bay. :2cents:

My dad is the same way. He found out it was the paprika in the Old Bay. :2cents:

Interesting ... I feel like I put Old Bay on other stuff and don't have a problem - like fries and of course those crab flavored chips ... I will definitely do some experimenting though with Old Bay-free crabs.

my ultimate dream is to retire by the ocean in maryland, spend the rest of my days there with a loving wife, get old with some grandkids, tell them stories of the wars i fought in bushes name:rolleyes: . tell them about how in the old days we had things called ipods, meanwhile just eating crabs away like there was nothing else in the world!

actually i kinda wish that were my life right now:(

Same here, acually, have a little shack on the water at North Beach MD, houses going up around it are freaking huge in comparison, one down the street sold for over 1 Million $ a few months ago. But right now monthly rent checks are good :)

It's crab and carona at our house. I live in Waldport Oregon and we get dungeness crab here out of the bay - we put up well over a hundred in the freezer this year. Besides eating them fresh we make crabcakes, crab chowder, crab fetticini, crab enchiladas, crab and cheese pops, crab dip, crabmelts, and each one is great.

Archived