Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Mistakes since he has come back.

skinfan2k

mistakes and wrongdoings aren't the same? :whoknows: you guys know what he meant. he wasn't malicious towards gibbs at all.

NO they arent.

mistake -

1 : to blunder in the choice of <mistook her way in the dark>

2 a : to misunderstand the meaning or intention

wrongdoing -

1 : evil or improper behavior or action

2 : an instance of doing wrong

from websters - www.m-w.com

after reading the posts i understood what he meant. but the title WAS misleading.

this thread is NOT a good idea.

Why did you read it? Quit judging threads, and start some good ones yourself.

Brunell will not play out his contract. Pierce was hurt last season, and was not an impact in the post season, so I can't really judge that.

Why did you read it? Quit judging threads, and start some good ones yourself.

Brunell will not play out his contract. Pierce was hurt last season, and was not an impact in the post season, so I can't really judge that.

i read it due to the title. and i reserve the right to form my own opinion on any thread/statement/comment that i choose.

besides it was really just a joke regarding the love Skins fans have for Joe and the responses that were sure to follow.

Agreed. You can't win without taking risks. Risks lead to mistakes. Mistakes lead to opportunities. Ability to overcome mistakes leads to success.

Three SuperBowl rings, three Winston Cup Championships, National Racquetball champ - this guy knows how to win.

this is my thinking when i created this thread. i mean, this thread has bought alot of response and is quite different from the usual. I mean i was not able to witness the 1st go around for Gibbs. Obviously he is the best thing that could have been done to this franchise. Did he learn how to handle many of the current situations because of his experiences in the 80s and early 90s. Can someone give me any examples? I hope he brings us another superbowl, however i will not be disappointed because he has shaped our franchise for years to come.

1) Overconfidence in his old way of running an offense. That has now been corrected with the hiring of Saunders.

2) QB situation. Brunell should never have been brought in unless he could have been had as an inexpensive backup. Gibbs reached for Campbell, traded away too much for him, and went against the tide of league opinion in evaluating him. The jury is still out, but if Campbell does not live up to his expectations, it will be real test whether he sinks the ship trying to prove he was right, or cuts his losses and brings in somebody else. As for Ramsey, what can you say? Everybody thought he had a lot of potential, seemed like he should have been the perfect player for Gibbs in terms of character, but he's been treated in a manner that can only be characterized as inexplicable, and is about to be traded away for nothing.

Just when you think its safe to visit ES, he's baaaaaaack. Seriously I remember watching the pre-season game against Pittsburgh when Ramsey threw a beautiful completion to Troy Pomalu, Ramsey panics under pressure, tries to force throws and ends up costing the team a lot more. I wish Ramsey good luck, he seems like a good guy, but he's never proven that he can manage a game. He has the bad habit of blowing timeouts because he can't get the play off. How many Delay of game penalties did he take? When he came in in relief of Brunell during the Giants game, everything about his body language said that he wasn't ready. Finally Ramsey cannot make things happen with his feet, he's a statue in the pocket, Brunell has kept drives alive by scrambling.

Coach has done a good job overall. Mistakes? They all make 'em. The only thing I think that was handled HORRIBLY was the Ramsey thing. He should have never dubbed him the starter in the offseason. It should have been open comp in preseason and NONE of this would have happened. If Ramsey knew that it was open comp, he may have seen the light and asked for trade before the season and Campbell would have been your #2 all season. Many other small things needed correcting and I thnk that many of them have been addressed.

Let's hope we continue to have a good offseason and a superbowl march next season.

well i can only name a few mistakes that gibbs has done since he has come back to the redskins.

- Pierce situation, thinking him as a core redskins, i thought he would anchor our defense for years to come

- Handling of Patrick Ramsey, even though he was chosen by the previous coachign staff, i have to admit that he was not given a chance in either preseason

-Mark Brunell's contract.. even though he took us to the playoffs last year, i think the contract was too big for a 34 yr qb.

What do u think Gibbs has done wrong since he come back? Obviously we all know most of the great things he has done since he is back. i just wanted to know what u felt gibbs has done wrong in the 2yrs .

Ramsey was definitley given a chance. He did win the starting position in preseason, but he lost it when Ramsey was taken out vs. The Bears and Brunell got us a W.

dictionary definitions and connotations can be different. especially when you read the post.

i was merely answering your question as to the two terms being the same. as i said the title of the thread should have included the word "mistakes" in place of "wrongdoing". at least for those of us that actually speak real english :D

I think he handled the Ramsey thing as well as he could. So the guy didnt get a fair shot in Gibss' offense. Boo-hoo. Move on. The media created the perception of the Ramsey thing being a huge problem. How many wins did it cost us this year? None. I dont think Gibbs and his staff think of the Ramsey situation as a mistake at all.

As for Pierce. The guy wanted a bigger contract than your best linebacker (MW) and you have to say peace out. People want Gibbs to not sign big contracts but also want him to be aggresive in pursuing players. You cant have it both ways.

I dont think he's made any big football related mistakes yet. And that all that counts.

more than a few have said the same thing. but wasnt our D ranked # 3 without him???
I think they finished ranked 8th in the league last season. They may have been 3rd in the conference, I'm not sure. Either way, that is still pretty good.

Anyway, I agree with you that our defense is as effective with Lemar Marshall as it was with Pierce. I actually think Marshall is a little better in coverage.

i was merely answering your question as to the two terms being the same. as i said the title of the thread should have included the word "mistakes" in place of "wrongdoing". at least for those of us that actually speak real english :D

ok.

i guess you were right to ridicule a thread because he used "wrongdoing" instead of "mistakes." i have no point. he should have started a "rumor: ramsey, 2 firsts, snyders dog and gibbs first son for abraham" thread. :laugh:

ok.

i guess you were right to ridicule a thread because he used "wrongdoing" instead of "mistakes." i have no point. he should have started a "rumor: ramsey, 2 firsts, snyders dog and gibbs first son for abraham" thread. :laugh:

i wasnt attempting to ridicule anyones thread. nor was i comparing it to any other. i only said that the thread wasnt a good idea because of the total devotion we all have for Joe Gibbs, it was a joke.

now Ramsey, 2 first rounders and Dans dog for Abe is fair but if we are throwing in Gibbs firstborn they are gonna have to sweeten the deal.

i wasnt attempting to ridicule anyones thread. nor was i comparing it to any other. i only said that the thread wasnt a good idea because of the total devotion we all have for Joe Gibbs, it was a joke.

now Ramsey, 2 first rounders and Dans dog for Abe is fair but if we are throwing in Gibbs firstborn they are gonna have to sweeten the deal.

i'm dizzy. i may have gotten you mixed up. but this thread got ripped for no good reason.

gibbs firstborn....what could we get for that? :D

the thread starter is asking a simple question.

Do you think Gibbs has made any mistakes?

He is NOT saying Gibbs is'nt the best thing to happen to our Skins - in fact he posts his admiration and respect for Gibbs on later pages.

He is NOT saying Gibbs isn't better than other coaches we have had recently and he is NOT saying that Gibbs hasn't done several wonderful things, including getting us to the playoffs.

He is also not saying you HAVE to agree with his list of mistakes.

But for cripes sake, EVERY person/organization/system has its pluses and minuses.

I think it is a bold and original move to ask what he is asking.

Constructive critique can be a wonderful tool for learning and rounding out both the critique-ee and the critique-ers knowledge of a specific subject.

I love Joe Gibbs, and I love the Skins, AND I think the clock management the first season back was atrocious.

If you don't think Gibbs has made any mistakes, why respond?

If you think it is dishonorable to critique Gibbs objectively because he has been able to (thank God) turn around a troubled franchise and put us back in the playoffs - this thread and others like it are not for you.

I find that the ability to offer someone criticism is a great sign of trust and respect for that person.

- nomad

the thread starter is asking a simple question.

Do you think Gibbs has made any mistakes?

He is NOT saying Gibbs is'nt the best thing to happen to our Skins - in fact he posts his admiration and respect for Gibbs on later pages.

He is NOT saying Gibbs isn't better than other coaches we have had recently and he is NOT saying that Gibbs hasn't done several wonderful things, including getting us to the playoffs.

He is also not saying you HAVE to agree with his list of mistakes.

But for cripes sake, EVERY person/organization/system has its pluses and minuses.

I think it is a bold and original move to ask what he is asking.

Constructive critique can be a wonderful tool for learning and rounding out both the critique-ee and the critique-ers knowledge of a specific subject.

I love Joe Gibbs, and I love the Skins, AND I think the clock management the first season back was atrocious.

If you don't think Gibbs has made any mistakes, why respond?

If you think it is dishonorable to critique Gibbs objectively because he has been able to (thank God) turn around a troubled franchise and put us back in the playoffs - this thread and others like it are not for you.

I find that the ability to offer someone criticism is a great sign of trust and respect for that person.

- nomad

thank you and well written, as u can see many people look at my first page and dont look throughout the thread. I am too young to know about GIBBS 1 and later in the thread i asked what types of problems did Gibbs have in the 1st stint that has helped in the 2nd stint?

Archived