Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Mistakes since he has come back.

skinfan2k

well i can only name a few mistakes that gibbs has done since he has come back to the redskins.

- Pierce situation, thinking him as a core redskins, i thought he would anchor our defense for years to come

- Handling of Patrick Ramsey, even though he was chosen by the previous coachign staff, i have to admit that he was not given a chance in either preseason

-Mark Brunell's contract.. even though he took us to the playoffs last year, i think the contract was too big for a 34 yr qb.

What do u think Gibbs has done wrong since he come back? Obviously we all know most of the great things he has done since he is back. i just wanted to know what u felt gibbs has done wrong in the 2yrs .

- Handling of Patrick Ramsey, even though he was chosen by the previous coachign staff, i have to admit that he was not given a chance in either preseason

You do realize PRam started every preseason game this year, right?

Also, I agree with fd...his positive moves far outweigh anything he's done wrong. Personally, I didn't like not re-signing Pierce last season and Clark this season, but we did okay without Pierce, and I think we'll be fine without Clark.

well i can only name a few mistakes that gibbs has done since he has come back to the redskins.

- Pierce situation, thinking him as a core redskins, i thought he would anchor our defense for years to come

-Mark Brunell's contract.. even though he took us to the playoffs last year, i think the contract was too big for a 34 yr qb.

What do u think Gibbs has done wrong since he come back? Obviously we all know most of the great things he has done since he is back. i just wanted to know what u felt gibbs has done wrong in the 2yrs .

any wrongs have been way overshadowed by his rights. first and formost brunell's contract is steep but remember he brought CP that same year, drafted sean taylor and traded up for chris cooley, sweapt the boys and eagles and went 5-1 in the east. FIrst playoff game in a LONG time, and a playoff WIN... what are u exactly complaining about

:gang:

any wrongs have been way overshadowed by his rights. first and formost brunell's contract is steep but remember he brought CP that same year, drafted sean taylor and traded up for chris cooley, sweapt the boys and eagles and went 5-1 in the east. FIrst playoff game in a LONG time, and a playoff WIN... what are u exactly complaining about

not complaning, i know there are tons of positives, just want to find out what others have thought gibbs could have done better in the 2 yrs

Nothing, all of his moves have worked out perfectly, for the record Gibbs doesnt write contracts, Snyder, our cap experts, and the player's agent are the ones that do that, Gibbs has nothing to do with it.

Taking Ramsey out and putting Brunell in- 23 TD's 10 INT's and the first playoffs since 1999 doesnt sound like a bad trade off.

Antonio who? Lemar Marshall is a very good linebacker whether anyone outside the skins even knows who he is or not.

imo marshall > pierce

come on now as much as i love marshall pierce was a must better playey for us then marshall is now. Pierce was bigger, stronger, better at stoping the run and he is much more intelligent then marshall. Marshalls good but we lost a better one in Pierce

imo marshall > pierce

Dude...you gotta step up your game a little bit. This statement by itself is useless drivel. Provide some reasons, man!! Provide some evidence!!

That being said, you're wrong. Pierce is a natural at the MLB spot, Marshall is only a fill-in. He did well last season, but nowhere near as good as Pierce did. Dude was calling plays before they even got to the huddle!! Pure football genius.

come on now as much as i love marshall pierce was a must better playey for us then marshall is now. Pierce was bigger, stronger, better at stoping the run and he is much more intelligent then marshall. Marshalls good but we lost a better one in Pierce

First of all, he almost led the team in tackles. Second, he might have been better at tracking down a runner. But LEMAR hard a TON of more ints and fumbles than pierce did in that 1 season. So i guess lemar is better in coverage =)

Antonio Pierce was replaced quite well with a player already on the roster. Players leave these days, you cant do much about it if they dont fit into your budget.

Patrick Ramsey was never Joe Gibbs' answer and never earned his trust as much as Brunell did, so I dont think you can say his situation was mishandled. Perhaps Ramsey just wasnt as good as Brunell. I think Joe gave him a fair look but in the end went with who made him feel the most comfortable. He made the right choice, we got back to the playoffs.

Brunell's contract contained a small amount of guaranteed money and will be easy to wipe off the books when he hangs em up.

The only thing I think Gibbs has done wrong is waiting too long to come home.

Hail Skins.

Ummm... Go back and watch PR in his first preseason under Gibbs and let me know how well he played. How he outshone Brunell and made a clear case to be the starter. Gibbs mistake was in naming PR the starter going into this season when it was clear he had doubts.

Most of the money in Brunell's conract he will never see, and he has restructured his contract as well. We simply couldn't afford to keep Pierce, bottom line. Marshall has ben great in his absense. Ramsey had a shot to be the QB in '04, he lost the job to Brunell in training camp and the preseason. Brunell had a poor outing in '04, and Ramsey was given the starting job in '05. However, anybody who watched the preseason games in '05 knows Brunell looked far better than Ramsey, and that was w/ him throwing to the back-up receivers. Ramsey had chances to start under Gibbs, just as every player does, but Ramsey blew it, which is why he was taken out during the Bears game, and never came back. You can't really say Gibbs has made any mistakes, as in two years he returned us to the playoffs.

First, PR never did anything to inspire confidence in him. He lost his job this year because MB looked a lot better than him all preseason. Also, what's wrong with MB's contract? Have we been in salary cap hell? Were we not able to get people because of it? Has he not already restructured it twice?

Archived