Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins will be 2nd string

sean_e_b

According to Adam Shefter of NFL Network Jason Campbell will yet again be the #3. Most if not all of us expected Collins to be our 3rd QB. This doesn't sound good for those who want Campbell to start when he's not ready to be 2nd string yet acording to the Redskins staff.

I saw that too, he said that Gibbs and Saunders are not yet comfortable with Campbell as even the backup to Brunell and Collins is being brought in to take over if Brunell gets hurt or struggles, early on. He said that Gibbs wanted an experianced veteran QB to back up Brunell until Campbell is ready to do so, and Collins fits perfectly even if he hasn't played much the past five years or so.

I doubt even the coaching staff knows exactly. Let's see what happens in spring training and the preseason. Gibss and his staff will position the QB's based on their play. I also doubt Gibbs is going to make the mistake he made last year in declaring Ramsey from the start. Gibbs and Co. will let the QB's earn their spot.

No, he won't. Campbell will be the chosen successor to Brunell, and Collins is strictly here in a sideline mentoring role. You can only X and O for so long...game experience is invaluable, and Campbell will need that in his second year.

It won't take him long to pick up the new offense, I guarantee it.

According to Adam Shefter of NFL Network Jason Campbell will yet again be the #3. Most if not all of us expected Collins to be our 3rd QB. This doesn't sound good for those who want Campbell to start when he's not ready to be 2nd string yet acording to the Redskins staff.

Schefter = A Garden Hoe

What he doesn't know could fill a book. That has been evidenced the last two weeks.

Schefter doesn't seem to grasp the fact that we only signed Collins to a one year deal. Meaning, he is in this year to show Campbell and Brunell the new system, and then he will retire. You don't sign the second string QB to a one year deal, you sign the aging veteran who is there to inform, rather than perform, to a one year deal.

Damn, i thought joe gibbs was our coach? How much is snyder paying shefter? Has shefter broken down the depth chart at wr yet? keep me posted

Schefter doesn't seem to grasp the fact that we only signed Collins to a one year deal. Meaning, he is in this year to show Campbell and Brunell the new system, and then he will retire. You don't sign the second string QB to a one year deal, you sign the aging veteran who is there to inform, rather than perform, to a one year deal.

I think we signed him to a two year deal

Mar 14 Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports QB Todd Collins agreed to a two-year, $2.5 million contract with a signing bonus of $450,000 with the Washington Redskins.

They actually signed him toa 2 year deal not 1.

Dang Twenty-Eight you beat me to it.

I think it is a good idea. A new offense means that Campbell is still pretty much a rookie. A new playbook to learn. He has yet to throw a pass in the NFL. I would much rather have Collins backing up Brunnell. Jason Campbell can be the future but he doesn't need to be the present.

Archived