Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we don't make it to SB XLI.......

Never21Forgotten36

We've signed two free agents. That's hardly numerous. I happen to think we could and will get there, but things happen. Let's not put the horse before the carriage. Let's not forget, NFC East football is grueling.

3 More coming in the next couple days (Carter, Arch, Collins). And you cant help but think we will address CB, K, and maybe LB and DT while we are at it. We only have 4 draft picks, so most of our work will be done in FA.

Totally disagreed.

The season is a disappointment if we don't improve on last season. Yes, the goal is the Super Bowl, but the thing we need to keep in mind is that we are adding dynamic players, who are also in the earlier stages of their development. The likes of Randle El and Lloyd are young guys who have yet to hit their prime.

If anything, these types of additions set us up for long term success hopefully.

3 More coming in the next couple days (Carter, Arch, Collins). And you cant help but think we will address CB, K, and maybe LB and DT while we are at it. We only have 4 draft picks, so most of our work will be done in FA.

But they're not here yet. Can't count them until it actually happens. :)

Totally disagreed.

The season is a disappointment if we don't improve on last season. Yes, the goal is the Super Bowl, but the thing we need to keep in mind is that we are adding dynamic players, who are also in the earlier stages of their development. The likes of Randle El and Lloyd are young guys who have yet to hit their prime.

If anything, these types of additions set us up for long term success hopefully.

I would like to see Gibbs win it though while he is still here. There isnt much time left for him. If we go 2nd round again this year and lose, I think he retires to the Front Office. I'm just saying for his sake....this year is the year in my opinion.

Calm down buddy. After the last fifteen years of futility (prior to last year), I'll be happy every week the Redskins are in it, and I don't think it's a Superbowl or bust year.

When you look around the NFL coming into next year, there are a lot of teams that have higher expectations this next year. The Redskins are an up and coming team that has a lot of youth. If Campbell comes in and takes us close to the Superbowl it will be a great season.

We've signed two free agents. That's hardly numerous. I happen to think we could and will get there, but things happen. Let's not put the horse before the carriage. Let's not forget, NFC East football is grueling.

I dont think Lloyd was a free agent. We traded for him

Totally disagreed.

The season is a disappointment if we don't improve on last season. QUOTE]

Let's not forget, NFC East football is grueling.

:applause: It's nice to see that someone out there gets the real point. Nobody gets there automatically no matter who they sign. I am looking for more production and consistency out of the offense this season, I don't think that is setting the bar too high but we have new coaching strategies to implement and new guys to work into the mix and learn what "Joe Gibbs Football" means.

Calm down buddy. After the last fifteen years of futility (prior to last year), I'll be happy every week the Redskins are in it, and I don't think it's a Superbowl or bust year.

When you look around the NFL coming into next year, there are a lot of teams that have higher expectations this next year. The Redskins are an up and coming team that has a lot of youth. If Campbell comes in and takes us close to the Superbowl it will be a great season.

The Cardinals better improve this year, with all the weapons they have, now that Edge has signed. Culpepper a possibility as well for them.

A Skins/Cards NFC Title game would be FUN FUN FUN to watch.

This season equals pure disappointment. Thats the bad thing about signing numerous FA's. Im psyched about the season, dont get me wrong, but if the Skins do not AT LEAST make it to the big game....I will feel that this was a lost season.

If we dont make it to Super Bowl 41 its time to cut Mark Brunell and start Jason Campbell...

Thanks Mark!Seriously....

Though I love the spirit of this thread, you guys who are ready to buff the new trophy do need to take a few breaths...

The NFC East isn't even certain, as the Eagles will be healthy, the Giants improved (especially with Madison and possibly LaVar) and the 'Boys ready to dig in for a long fight (though, honestly, they're the worst team in the division right now).

Why do I talk about just the division? Because the Redskins, as good as they are and better that they're getting, still have a war on their hands 6 games next year. I think the most important thing I'm hearing so far is that the CARDINALS signed Edgerrin James...he should start to balance out the NFC West so that the Seahawks can't hide out there and pick up 6 easy games a season.

The 'Skins are moving in the right direction, but there's still a long way to go. Just get ready to cheer our guys on! Because I honestly think that the fact that Fed Ex was rocking during the 'Boys and Giants games late in the season was a MONUMENTAL factor in getting to the playoffs.

Dig in guys...just be happy we're going to war with players who we should be excited about and who Coaches Gibbs, Saunders and Williams have basically laid hands on and said are 'Our Kinda Guys'.

Howon earth do we have the cap space for all of this? Please, just re-sign Ryan Clark, bring in decent a DE and LB, and get a veteran CB to help in the secondary.

These players that we signed today are much younger than the players we signed in 2000 (Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders,etc.).

Lloyd ,Randel-El, Archuleta are STUDS in their prime who still have plenty of years of productivity in them. This is a way better signing bunch.HTTR!!!

Yeah i disagree with that too... i dont think signing two receivers makes you and automatic superbowl contender... but I would be upset if we dont at least get homefield advantage in playoffs....i still would not call it a dissapointment though... as long as we make the playoffs again and go from there...

Archived