Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randel El 6 year deal done He is a skin (mega-merged with new ESPN info)

RDSKNfaithfull

I hope we didn't pay that much, I mean seriously we could have Brought in Ty Law he got released at the end of the season so that would have been a good pick and a Vet to teach Carlos rogers even more,But, I believe they Know what they're doing Al saunders and Joe gibbs Probably wanted those two guys so I think we will be just fine.

Guys,

This is a 6 year deal, that will sound like a lot on paper. But, like it was said before.... It's likely heavy on the back-end.

RE, most likely signed for the money that counts now. The signing bonus.

Welcome to D.C.

Good point RS. I am trying to make sure not to be too stunned by the contracts we sign players to because they always look riddiculous

I am not doing backflips, but this is a clear upgrade

Clayton just reported that we want to go to three receiver set as our base offense as some said before...

as for distributing the ball i dont think it will be too hard really.... i think ARE knows that he is a big play, trick play, #3 or possibly 2 receiver... I dont think that he will be worried about getting his touches.. I think Saunders will have plenty of touches in the scheme for him....

I would however worry about Lloyd getting upset about touches... hopefully he knows that Moss is the #1 guy for sure...

Clayton also said that we want Moss to be the main receiver, Lloyd to be the possession type receiver, and ARE to be the big play guy....either way we have an awesome receiving core... then we use Cooley for dump offs and across the middle...

man its gonna be awesome to watch...

Holy cow. No I'm a little worried that we have TOO many guys on who will want the ball. I mean, Moss and Cooley both had 70+ catches last year, and Portis had 332 rushes. I wouldn't mind seeing Portis' numbers of carries drop, but I am worried that we won't be able to get these guys the touches that want. Lloyd and RE are #2 guys, but one of them is going to have to be a #3 guy, and that worries me. I don't want one of these guys griping about not getting enough touches.....and besides, Brunell isn't exactly a gunslinger. Let's hope this isn't another 2000....

I'm betting ARE will be our #3 receiver. Don't forget, he will be returning punts. He could also be our #3 QB.

We can now cut Antonio and do NOT have to sign a #3 QB.

Gibbs is smooth :cool:

A lot of people are reporting it... and Clayton has gone on the air with it?

As I said before - don't friggin panic people - the backend of this contract is probably HUGE with SB being the most important hit to the cap. I bet his last two years on the contract are like 8 mil a year... so we can rework the contract and extend him and save on cap money when the time comes... of course :D

Holy cow. No I'm a little worried that we have TOO many guys on who will want the ball. I mean, Moss and Cooley both had 70+ catches last year, and Portis had 332 rushes. I wouldn't mind seeing Portis' numbers of carries drop, but I am worried that we won't be able to get these guys the touches that want. Lloyd and RE are #2 guys, but one of them is going to have to be a #3 guy, and that worries me. I don't want one of these guys griping about not getting enough touches.....and besides, Brunell isn't exactly a gunslinger. Let's hope this isn't another 2000....

Not to flame you brotha but you have to understand that in football you never have enough options. In this game there is no "I". You give the ball to whomever is needed at that moment in time.

Sirius NFLRadio just repeated what I posted earlier:

Washinton Times reporter David Elfin? says that the Skins and RE have met, and there is serious interest, BUT no deal is done. Also said that RE is en route to Chicago.

Fun stuff. Is this more subterfuge?

As a Steelers fan, I'm pretty darned surprised at El signing with Washington. I thought he would be a Bear, especially after Washington traded for Lloyd. El's a great slot receiver, mediocre #2. His ball handling skills are a little shaky, and he has an infuriating tendency to run in circles on punt returns. He's a great character guy off the field, but on the field he's a guy that you'll love one minute and hate the next. He'll be a good fit next to Moss, Lloyd, and Cooley, but don't expect him to take over games.

I had hoped that the Steelers could bring him back at a modest price, but I didn't want them to break the bank on him. I think that, though he's a solid player, 'skins fans may be regretting this move in a few years if his contract is a huge as it has been rumored to be.

I knew that there would be one. :)

Could you please explain your "first impression".

patten is more than capable of being a #3, and i'm assuming he's going to get a large conract+signing bonus (atleast more than the one he shot down from the bears) we could have used that money on other players... i guess time will tell, but again, the media+my friends will be all over us again (i know it shouldn't matter but it pisses me off big time!)

Archived