Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Cap from KFFL

gambit187

Redskins | Team remains over the salary cap

Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:04:36 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Washington Redskins are one of four teams over the new salary cap limit. The Redskins are about $7 million over the cap.

the point of us ragging on schefter is because he's a tool. who cares if we're over the cap, if simple moves will put us under? he's just trying to insinuate that we're a loser team destined for cap hell. it's sad, really.

Yessir, it is. But is the writer really a tool for reporting the current situation? Anything else is speculation. I mean, you don't really believe that the Skins will be $19 under the cap either ...do you?

Tandler said the Skins "could" be and gave examples.

Schefter is doing the norm, saying something that he knows will not be true tomorrow, but implying that this will be a fact at Friday midnight, leaving the uneducated fan thinking they will have to do something drastic to get under... or go one step farther, and suggests they are cheaters like Peter King did.

Schefter is still struggling to find his legs in this national reporting insider thing. He just can't get himself beyond his own incorrect stories. Mort and others simply blow past it as if it didn't happen when they are wrong. They don't linger. Adam actually tries to create false stories and spin them as if he's been telling it that way the whole time.

Anyone who even minutely follows the sport knows the Redskins have technically not made any moves to get under the cap. Reporting they ARE under is simply a way to confirm a false report he's been standing by that we are a cap strapped team.

I don't know his stuff, I was however interested in knowing which teams still need to make moves just to get under the cap. I just took it at face value and didn't try reading into it.

Just as I hear Giants fans clamoring for Lavar, Witherspoon, Peterson, Madison etc...I am aware that all teams got the $7.5 and many of those teams are also able to do the same type of restructures that the afore-mentioned article suggests that the Skins can do.

Regardless, it should be a fun FA period.

Tandler said the Skins "could" be and gave examples.

Schecter is doing the norm, saying something that he knows will not be true tomorrow, but implying that this will be a fact at Friday midnight, leaving the uneducated fan thinking they will have to do something drastic to get under... or go one step farther, and suggests they are cheaters like Peter King did.

Its not as if he singled out the Redskins, he listed the salary caps of at least 5 other teams.

Anyone who even minutely follows the sport knows the Redskins have technically not made any moves to get under the cap. Reporting they ARE under is simply a way to confirm a false report he's been standing by that we are a cap strapped team.

Amen!

It's as if everybody's partying New Year's style at 11:55pm on 12/31 and he's the guy who says..."You know, it's not officially the new year yet, don't count your chickens before they hatch!"

He lost me at "the smart money's on Washington" regarding T.O.

You have to understand, these people do not know what they are talking about(by "these people" I mean the writers at these media outlets). Most of their "facts" are usually half wrong. Why do you ask? Simple, because they take so-and-sos word for it rather than doing their own research. You can go through an article by any of these people and point to 3-4 "facts" and numbers that are just completely and utterly false. Dont believe everything you read.

Archived