Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who can compete with or unseat or replace Hall

The Full Monty

I have two thoughts on this. 1) Ramsey for Nugent 2) Hold onto Hall because he's the best answer at this point. If we can draft Connor Hughes of VA., then I would probably cut Hall. Connor is a very accurate consistent kicker.

In my opinion, Novak would be a cheaper alternative to any of the aforementioned FA's. I agree, there's a lot of room for improvement, but hey he's young.

The only thing the worries me about Novak is the inability to strengthen his leg. Most of his kickoffs last year reaked of estrogen.

Didn't he sign with the Cards late in last season or something? Or was that just temporary?

true that, what is this fascination with Novak, if he was any good, we would have kept him, his kickoffs are worse that HALL,.

:doh: Are you serious? Novak's clutch kick versus the Seahawks and the Dallas tackle? Gibbs let him go because he loves proven veterans and wanted to give him a chance/not keep the roster spot. He made a choice that didn't turn out too well, but Novak was A- while he was here, and would only get better. Ever watch a Terps game? I know they're painful, but you don't become the all-time ACC scorer by accident. :rolleyes:

I have two thoughts on this. 1) Ramsey for Nugent ...
Hmmm...I like this idea. That would work out better than the Skins drafting someone in the 4th or 5th round, considering recent history there. Not sure the Jets want Ramsey that badly though.

I agree Longwell would be the guy to grab. It has been reported we wil cut John Hall, and Gibbs likes his proven vets. This leads me to believe we will take Longwell as he will be cheaper than Vinateri. Also, while he is 31, kickers generally tend to stay around into their late thirties, some in their forties. Tom Tupa, while he is a punter, is forty and is only now either gonna be cut or retire. Not a whole lot of people have been talking about the punter situation. I know Frost struggled, but he was looking better at the end of the season (except for that shank in Tampa). Anyone know of any good FA punters out there?

I also agree that Novak is the way to go if we cut Hall. Vandermiss and Adam V will cost to much. Maybe we can do something new and develop a player to last 10 years with us.Novak from what I have seen is def a Gibb's type of player.

I say redskins grab Vinateri at the same time they sign Givens at 12:02 :-P

As for too expensive, Sam Madison, one of the best CBs on the FA market just signed a deal with NYGiants for a 2 mill signing bonus and 900k the first year... thats chump change. We can afford to fix our kicking problems.

:doh: Are you serious? Novak's clutch kick versus the Seahawks and the Dallas tackle? Gibbs let him go because he loves proven veterans and wanted to give him a chance/not keep the roster spot. He made a choice that didn't turn out too well, but Novak was A- while he was here, and would only get better. Ever watch a Terps game? I know they're painful, but you don't become the all-time ACC scorer by accident. :rolleyes:

novak is not a NFL kicker, he will always be a replacement for an injury. u noticed he did not even get drafted and that kicks are very low. he gets no arch on the ball. thats does not do it in the nfl. big deal 1 tackle against the cowboys. do u want to keep frost because he made the tackle in the denver game. i dont think so.

What in the hell did anyone see in Nick Novack? His leg is weak on kickoffs, and I want a damn kicker who isn't injured half the season every year. I mean, how the hell does a kicker injure himself so bad, he misses a season and a half? Hall. Dump his ass, and get someone who's got a strong leg, and decent accuracy.

Archived