Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who can compete with or unseat or replace Hall

The Full Monty

We know Coach Gibbs will prefer to start a veteran. I'm sure there's a chance he could go with a young gun but I just don't see it happening.

So besides obviously Vinatieri-

All I can think of is Ryan Longwell (31 years old) from Pastabelly's FA List:

Despite kicking in a tough environment for nine seasons, has made 81.6 percent of his career field goal tries, has been under 75 percent just twice, and has a 69.2 percent success rate on field goals of 40 yards or more. A reliable kicker with a strong leg.

Anyone else come to mind?

First person to say "Nick Novak" gets his head bashed in with a shovel.

Edit: Damnit... I was one post too late.

I'll take on the shovel in order to say bring back Nick Novak. He's young and he's got nerves of steel. To make the kick in overtime vs Seattle, than line up again after a penalty and make it from five yards deeper was impressive.

First person to say "Nick Novak" gets his head bashed in with a shovel.

Edit: Damnit... I was one post too late.

true that, what is this fascination with Novak, if he was any good, we would have kept him, his kickoffs are worse that HALL,.

I think we pass on the "liquored up kicker" from Indy - at least half of his games are going to be in domes - which frankly inflates percentages by taking the elements out of play. We might play in a dome once or twice a year.

Nick Novak wasn't bad either

The guy saved us a kickoff return for a touchdown from Tyson Thompson against the Cowboys in Dallas, and the next (2 weeks...bye)week booted the game winner in OT then cried with joy over it. Not bad? God I wish we never had to get rid of him.

On one hand I can really seeing us sign one of the 3 or 4 bigger names out there. However, I would be slightly shocked to see us invest a lot of money in a kicker.

I would LOVE to have Vinatieri on our team because I truly believe he'll make 85% of his kicks. However, is having him more important than adding another quality FA or two?

Archived