Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton on Mike & Mike: Redskins going after Archuleta...

wilbur58z

Golic asked Clayton what players will be called by what teams on Friday night at 12:01 AM and Clayton said Archuleta will get a call from the Redskins and Bentley will get a call from the Eagles.

So it sounds like we are indeed seriously going after Archuleta.

But Archuleta and Taylor starting side by side? That's pretty lethal if you ask me.

I'm glad you posted this, I thought this is what I heard but I was partially sleep so I wasn't for sure. Taylor will definitely stay at FS even if Archuleta comes aboard, he is a natural at FS. GW will be jumping up and down on his bed like a little kid if he can have Archuleta at SS. Wow this would be lethal.

I think they want to sign both Clark and Archuleta. Clark's not going to be so expensive that they couldn't do that.

Prioleau's the only other safety they've got.

Omar Stoutmire is there too but he's pretty old and primarily a special teams player.

Plus they need to protect themselves in case Taylor does indeed get jail time or something...

I prefer to bring Clark back and pass on Archuleta. Rather spend the money elsewhere.

I think your logic is fine here as signing Archuleta would logically mean we'd take him ahead of Clark, but, I think you are incorrect in this case. Williams LOVES safeties. He can't use enough of them. Keeping Clark and signing Archuleta protects against a Taylor conviction, though unlikely. It gives flexibility. Clark is a converted corner you can use in a starting role or in nickel coverage. Archuleta has the size and speed to be used in a backer role with Clark in typical safety. I wouldn't necessarily think one or the other here. I might think both :).

I'm glad you posted this, I thought this is what I heard but I was partially sleep so I wasn't for sure. Taylor will definitely stay at FS even if Archuleta comes aboard, he is a natural at FS. GW will be jumping up and down on his bed like a little kid if he can have Archuleta at SS. Wow this would be lethal.

Ryan Clark's not resigning?

Archuleta is an upgrade over Ryan Clark, no doubt about it. He has the talent to make our safety duo the best in the leauge. Having said that, that's how you put yourself over the top and win superbowls. Ryan Clark is a good player, and I feel we should resign him. But if we want to win superbowls instead of getting punched out in the second round again we have to add talent and get better. This is where it starts, lets do it.

I agree that although we have other needs, Archuleta is an upgrade and Clark can still be used in nickel coverage. I'm one to believe that if its an upgrade, DO IT!!! But I do like Clark so I'd hope they bring him back.

:logo:

Art is right... the signing of Archuleta isn't an indication Clark isn't going to be resigned. In fact, Williams may be thinking the pairing of Archuleta w/ Taylor AND CLARK would make a lethal back five. Remember, Williams had both Stoutmire and Prieleau playing a bit of nicke corner or zone in several defensive calls..... I'd MUCH rather have Clark playing that role and hitting people like he's known to do. Turnovers is what we need to work on... Turnovers.

Archived