Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sam Huff on Sportstalk Cleveland on Lavar

rebornempowered

I would have to disagree with Sam Huff on his belief that LaVar is the leader of the defense.

That would be (and has been since his arrival here) Marcus Washington......let's not forget that.

How do you know more about what is going on in the Locker room more then Sam Huff.

Lavar was the heart of the Skins D, believe it if u want to, but dont believe it because u lost him.

Anyone notice how much better Phillip Daniels and Marcus Washington played when LaVar was starting and healthy?

Just the presence of LaVar on the field contributed to freeing up those guys, since the defense had to gameplan for him. Even though he wasn't tearing up the field, he's still an athletic force and had to be accounted for.

I just hope our defense doesn't go back to the no turnovers, no sacks version we saw when LaVar was on the bench. No he didn't really cause many of those turnovers that we saw, but he definitely had an impact.

However, his thinly-veiled poor attitude, as evidenced by his rants on the John Thompson show and his terribly timed WT article right before the last game of the season, sure won't be missed. A playoff bound team doesn't need a player spouting off to the media about himself before the most important game in his entire career!

Anyone notice how much better Phillip Daniels and Marcus Washington played when LaVar was starting and healthy?

Just the presence of LaVar on the field contributed to freeing up those guys, since the defense had to gameplan for him. Even though he wasn't tearing up the field, he's still an athletic force and had to be accounted for.

I just hope our defense doesn't go back to the no turnovers, no sacks version we saw when LaVar was on the bench. No he didn't really cause many of those turnovers that we saw, but he definitely had an impact.

However, his thinly-veiled poor attitude, as evidenced by his rants on the John Thompson show and his terribly timed WT article right before the last game of the season, sure won't be missed. A playoff bound team doesn't need a player spouting off to the media about himself before the most important game in his entire career!

I dont know what u talking about PA skin fan, but i listen to the John Thompson show faithfully. Laver never displayed a poor attitude, he was always professional and never went on Skins bashing rants. In fact he had a special bond with them, and Coach, Al and Doc were always supportive of Lavar because they understood the conflicts he was going through.

Daniels had his best game of the season when Lavar didn't even play. ;)

Yeah, hopefully it will regress to the #3 overall in the NFL form from two years ago when Lavar was a non-factor all season...

I agree...he had a tendency to pout and whine a lot...he soured his relationship with the team long ago.

How do you know more about what is going on in the Locker room more then Sam Huff.

Lavar was the heart of the Skins D, believe it if u want to, but dont believe it because u lost him.

Marcus Washington is the unquestioned leader, and the heart and soul of the defense. How would a Cowboy troll know who the leader of our defense was? I'm willing to bet the only two Skins games you watched were the Redskin beating up on the Cowboys...and Lavar didn't suit up for the second one, and played very sparingly in the first one.

MW is and has been the defensive leader since he arrived in 04...

Marcus Washington is the unquestioned leader, and the heart and soul of the defense. How would a Cowboy troll know who the leader of our defense was? I'm willing to bet the only two Skins games you watched were the Redskin beating up on the Cowboys...and Lavar didn't suit up for the second one, and played very sparingly in the first one.

MW is and has been the defensive leader since he arrived in 04...

No jrock, i live right here in DC, i have watched dayum near every skins game since i got to this area in 1995.

Washington was good in Indy, but better here in DC, that was all due to Arrington.

No jrock, i live right here in DC, i have watched dayum near every skins game since i got to this area in 1995.

Washington was good in Indy, but better here in DC, that was all due to Arrington.

I think you truly earn your avatar with this post. Marcus Washington was an all pro last year and flat out dominating. How many games did he play with Lavar last yar? 2 -3?? 3rd ranked D 2 years ago???? What in heaven's name are you talking about? I'll agree he was better here, but you can credit that to Greg Williams, the other players around him and Marcus himself. Not Lavar Arrrington.

I think you truly earn your avatar with this post. Marcus Washington was an all pro last year and flat out dominating. How many games did he play with Lavar last yar? 2 -3?? 3rd ranked D 2 years ago???? What in heaven's name are you talking about? I'll agree he was better here, but you can credit that to Greg Williams, the other players around him and Marcus himself. Not Lavar Arrrington.

I was wondering did he make the pro bowl this year, i dont thinks so.

I don't say that b/c he quit.....he still was the face of the Redskins until he signed his release, but was he a leader on the defense this year?

NO.

Was he last year? NO.

Who was the guy who ran over firing up his fellow teammates when they made a play.....Washington.

Who seemed to be the most leaderish of the players out there.....Washington.

Where was Lavar.....injured, not there (in some of the game he was on the sideline) and causing problems with the Skins by complaining to the media about contracts, lack of playing time and overshadowing a winning streak by talking about retiring when the team needed to be more focused on beating the Eagles than LA's future.

So watching the last 2 seasons of game footage, I may NOT know what is being said in the lockerroom, but watching the games and Arrington's lack of impact showed a helluva lot to me.

And how do you think you know more than me when you're a Cowboys troll who only probably watches the Redskins 2 times a year..........

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

If you watch DAYUM every Skins game since 1995......then you know in 2004 (Washington's 1st year, his probowl year as well) that Arrington did JACK NOTHING for the Redskins after the Tampa Game in week one.

Why?

HE WAS INJURED AND NOT PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!

the WLB was lemar Marshall, not Lavar Arrington.

So unless teams game planned for an injured guy and made blocking schemes for the OL and TE 's to hit a guy on the sideline or at his home, it wasn't Arrington that made Washington great.

I like LA but I think its his loss to leave the 'Skins. Sometimes your ego can make you do silly things. Having your agent embroil you in a failed contract dispute while injured is hard to come back from. I think LA just couldn't accept living with the egg on his face and his diminished role on the team.:2cents:

Anyway, thanks for being a Redskin and best of luck, Lavar.

Definitely. Probably the only game I would say that Lavar completely took over and swung in our favor was the Tampa playoff game. I would say it was more of C-Po and that gelled O-Line carrying us into the playoffs moreso than Lavar.

Let Cleveland sign him. He won't do anything.

I seem to remember salvea swatting everything and their uncle during that game. The interception came off of one of his swats. He was lucky.

I agree, I don't remember Lavar making game changing plays. He just happened to get back on the field at the same time we started winning. I am not saying he didn't play well and do his part, but I don't remember sacks, int's, game saving tackles etc. during his time on the field. He also did play better than Holdman.

although sacks, picks, fumbles, and any other great plays may not have been there, but......

who saw how the other team had to change blocking schemes?

who saw the audibles called to go away from his side?

how many dbl teams freed up Washington, Marshal, and other position to

blitz? how much did there stats change when he was in the game?

teams called the coaching staff crazy and happy for having him just stand on the sideline cheering because they didnt have to change there game plan?

other players played at a higher level when he steped on the field as if someone had the back........

Please in the future, study the game your a so called die hard fan of.....

Understand it's more about the not so special plays over and against the Block buster measurables seen on Sports Center.........

hmmmmm....Sam Huff or the "experts" in this thread....who do I ever listen to? choices, choices, choices.....

I must be on crazy pills are in the matrix. Me a die hard cowboy fan trying to convince redskin fans to listen to a legend like Sam Huff.

:doh:

Except that the two were rarely on the field together, especially during the '04 season.

"I seem to remember salvea swatting everything and their uncle during that game. The interception came off of one of his swats. He was lucky."

you can't imagine how upset I was when LA made that INT. why...my first thought was..."that free lancing SOB.....had he not been masquerading as a player but instead been trapped at the line of scrimmmage on an impromptu, un-scripted blitz...we wouldn't have had to keep him on the field." it was flat out disgusting and I was supremely embarrassed. good riddance LA and good luck to whatever team picks up this cad. we can only hope that he continues to be out-of-position and an immaculate free lancer when/if we play him........we will exploit his ego-centric approach to football mercilessly...why....we'll instigate insurrection in his new lockerroom by inciting his new teammates to rebel against his avarice, ego and incompetence.

this is really our secret plan to win the Championship next season. I didn't realize this until just now.....thank you all for sheeding light on what had appeared to be a dark time....god bless you all....and can I have a smoke on whatever it is you're lighting up?

so they never communicated off the field? LA never shared his thoughts on other NFC East teams and players? They never discussed the defensive scheme and adjustments to recommend to the coach during the course of a game? ever? MW was just being polite when he repeatedly stated he would love to have LA on the field with him?

so they never communicated off the field? LA never shared his thoughts on other NFC East teams and players? They never discussed the defensive scheme and adjustments to recommend to the coach during the course of a game? ever? MW was just being polite when he repeatedly stated he would love to have LA on the field with him?

It would highly suprise me if Lavar talked defensive scheme and adjustments...I would think he would have to understand them first :silly:

Archived