Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sam Huff on Sportstalk Cleveland on Lavar

rebornempowered

hmmmmm....Sam Huff or the "experts" in this thread....who do I ever listen to? choices, choices, choices.....

Whenever I try to assess a player, I make sure to ask his friends in the booth over his current and former coaching staffs. Seems quite logical :thumbsup:

"Whenever I try to assess a player, I make sure to ask his friends in the booth over his current and former coaching staffs. Seems quite logical"

so Sam isn't qualified or informed enough to know more than Joe Doaks! Thank God only coaches have the insider poop! Guess we shouldn't trsut Tar, Art or any of the other eyes & ears ES has working for it either...not being coaches and all....

I think Sam Huff is just a good guy looking out for a former Redskin. If you listen to Huff, he's not exactly Einstein, but I love the guy.

Regarding LaVar's impact - the whole defense got better not because LaVar returned, but because Griffin and Daniels returned healthy. They were unreal on the D-line. In fact the pick LaVar had against the Bucs in the playoffs was from deflected pass at the line (don't recall who deflected it now, but I bet it was Griffin or Daniels).

[Edit: I see from another post in this thread that it might have been Saleve'a who deflected the pass - that could very well be)

Hail,

H

"I think Sam Huff is just a good guy looking out for a former Redskin. If you listen to Huff, he's not exactly Einstein, but I love the guy.

Regarding LaVar's impact - the whole defense got better not because LaVar returned, but because Griffin and Daniels returned healthy. They were unreal on the D-line. In fact the pick LaVar had against the Bucs in the playoffs was from deflected pass at the line (don't recall who deflected it now, but I bet it was Griffin or Daniels)."

what does being a rhodes scholar have to do with anything? if he has access direct or indirect...all he has to do is ask.

as for the int......we can then discount all the tipped ones lamar, marcus, etc., blessed the team with as well....no? they had nothing to do with it. in fact, any INT resulting from good pressure should also be attributed to the d-line and not the interceptor? seems to me the notion of teamwork is, as usual, rather slective.

you said he's ill-equiped......well...there must be some reason for his being ill-equiped...whatever could you mean?

Actually you said ill-equiped and asked the poster who questioned his intelligence if there's any basis for his accusation. I provided it. Judging by quotes from this current staff, I'd say not much has changed since 2000. As for the causes, it's difficult to speculate. Maybe he was destined to find the cure for cancer but his momma dropped him on his head and he became the shining beacon of wisdom that he is today?

This isn't the first time I've seen you so flippantly accuse me of racism. Does it only happen when you are made to look like a fool or do you have a daily quota that you're trying to fill? Perpaps the fact that you even introduce race into the equation shows us all who the true racist is, no?

I think Sam Huff is just a good guy looking out for a former Redskin. If you listen to Huff, he's not exactly Einstein, but I love the guy.

Regarding LaVar's impact - the whole defense got better not because LaVar returned, but because Griffin and Daniels returned healthy. They were unreal on the D-line. In fact the pick LaVar had against the Bucs in the playoffs was from deflected pass at the line (don't recall who deflected it now, but I bet it was Griffin or Daniels).

[Edit: I see from another post in this thread that it might have been Saleve'a who deflected the pass - that could very well be)

Hail,

H

Actually that was the Big Samoan who deflected it but you can add him to the list of injured D-lineman who came back and steadied the defense.

Fansince, you suggest that if we can't take Huff's word then we shouldn't take Art, tar, ect word on this stuff. Unfortunately, you're taking Huff's word over the coahces and then using that arguement to blow off their claims. Your point is invalidated by the fact that the posters with inside knowledge you mentioned agree with this and previous coaching staff's assesment of Lavar. I'll take the word of insiders who don't personally know Lavar well and agree with about 50 different coaches over one insider who happens to be good friends with Lavar.

"Whenever I try to assess a player, I make sure to ask his friends in the booth over his current and former coaching staffs. Seems quite logical"

so Sam isn't qualified or informed enough to know more than Joe Doaks! Thank God only coaches have the insider poop! Guess we shouldn't trsut Tar, Art or any of the other eyes & ears ES has working for it either...not being coaches and all....

Sam's quite qualified as a former LB. What disqualifies him is the fact that he's close friends with Lavar. Ya dig?

"Sam's quite qualified as a former LB. What disqualifies him is the fact that he's close friends with Lavar. Ya dig?"

I can see where you are coming from. but...and I'm not being combative here.....that only leaves neutral parties and enemies...and I don't see any neutrals out there. a friend can be honest as well. but...you have a point..."I dig"

what does being a rhodes scholar have to do with anything? if he has access direct or indirect...all he has to do is ask.

as for the int......we can then discount all the tipped ones lamar, marcus, etc., blessed the team with as well....no? they had nothing to do with it. in fact, any INT resulting from good pressure should also be attributed to the d-line and not the interceptor? seems to me the notion of teamwork is, as usual, rather slective.

I totally agree with your last point there regarding Dline getting credit for INTs. My point about Huff is that he's a good guy and looks after his colleagues, but I personally wouldn't put too much stock in his talent evaluation. I would put more stock in what the coaches have to say and what I see on the field. If all Huff has to do is ask, then he must not be asking the coaches.

But, I'm certainly not trying to bash Huff here. He's one of the greatest Redskin players of all time, just not one of the greatest talent evaluators.

Hail,

H

Archived