Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sam Huff on Sportstalk Cleveland on Lavar

rebornempowered

"It would highly suprise me if Lavar talked defensive scheme and adjustments...I would think he would have to understand them first"

are you suggesting he is intellectually ill equipped? if so......on what basis and what do you think the underlying causes might be....

so they never communicated off the field? LA never shared his thoughts on other NFC East teams and players? They never discussed the defensive scheme and adjustments to recommend to the coach during the course of a game? ever? MW was just being polite when he repeatedly stated he would love to have LA on the field with him?

Actually LA flat out said on the John Thompson show, during the time he was on the bench, that he didn't say much off the field when it came to schemes and adjustaments and all that stuff and that he just did what he was told and thats it.

"It would highly suprise me if Lavar talked defensive scheme and adjustments...I would think he would have to understand them first"

are you suggesting he is intellectually ill equipped? if so......on what basis and what do you think the underlying causes might be....

It was sarcasm my friend...if you would have used the quote feature you would have even picked up the little silly face at the end :doh:

However, yes it is based in some percevied reality for me. This percevied reality has been well documented in several posts, threads and opinions on the board here. I have no idea what the underlying causes may be other than the fact that I believe he simply didn't "get" the scheme. Ala Trotter when he was here. Send him to Philly and let him be a wrecking ball, not someone who needs to follow a gap control scheme and he's great. Perhaps it will be the same way with Lavar...

although sacks, picks, fumbles, and any other great plays may not have been there, but......

who saw how the other team had to change blocking schemes?

who saw the audibles called to go away from his side?

how many dbl teams freed up Washington, Marshal, and other position to

blitz? how much did there stats change when he was in the game?

teams called the coaching staff crazy and happy for having him just stand on the sideline cheering because they didnt have to change there game plan?

other players played at a higher level when he steped on the field as if someone had the back........

Please in the future, study the game your a so called die hard fan of.....

Understand it's more about the not so special plays over and against the Block buster measurables seen on Sports Center.........

Wow, this is a contradiction. You just spent that whole post talking up Lavar and then at the end you finish with the reason why Lavar was never worth 68 mil and why he's gone now. He was all about Sportcenter plays, not the regular plays.

I agree, I don't remember Lavar making game changing plays. He just happened to get back on the field at the same time we started winning. I am not saying he didn't play well and do his part, but I don't remember sacks, int's, game saving tackles etc. during his time on the field. He also did play better than Holdman.

Well if he isn't no longer a factor, it shouldn't matter if he stays in the NFC East. That's the consensus from this board.

Me on the other hand tends to hope and pray that he absolutely kills absolutely kills us and has an All-Pro game every time he plays us no matter who he's playing with. Well for one who's going to block him ? Samuels? Pleeease LaVar is not Freeney. We shouldn't have done that. Why well we don't have a replacement?

We do? Okay I'll be listening and waiting. Hey defence and the ability to run wins championships. Now we have a a LB Corps thats been depleted. Its not? Well, we don't have a weakside LB, and Washington or Marshall better not go down. This wasn't Coach Gibbs, the decision was heavily weighed upon Coach Williams and Lindsey.

But remember this post..oh yeah there's things you can do to compensate...yeah well tell me about it. And I tell you this LaVar is going to absolutely Kill us with 4 sacks and 20 solos everytime he plays us. And he'll probably end up in Philly.

This quote says it all

"I wasn't one of their guys, and maybe that was the direction they wanted to go in," Arrington said. "I've gotten older. I'm not just a young rookie who is as moldable. Maybe that's where the difficulties came in." espn

Translation: I think I'm better than everyone and therefore shouldn't have to listen to the coaches. WTF do they know? Not moldable, lol, this guy's a freakin joke. Let him go to Dallas, PA rollouts to the left will be money everytime for the next 5 years.

Well if he isn't no longer a factor, it shouldn't matter if he stays in the NFC East. That's the consensus from this board.

Me on the other hand tends to hope and pray that he absolutely kills absolutely kills us and has an All-Pro game every time he plays us no matter who he's playing with. Well for one who's going to block him ? Samuels? Pleeease LaVar is not Freeney. We shouldn't have done that. Why well we don't have a replacement?

We do? Okay I'll be listening and waiting. Hey defence and the ability to run wins championships. Now we have a a LB Corps thats been depleted. Its not? Well, we don't have a weakside LB, and Washington or Marshall better not go down. This wasn't Coach Gibbs, the decision was heavily weighed upon Coach Williams and Lindsey.

But remember this post..oh yeah there's things you can do to compensate...yeah well tell me about it. And I tell you this LaVar is going to absolutely Kill us with 4 sacks and 20 solos everytime he plays us. And he'll probably end up in Philly.

Skinsman4u, why don't you just change your name to Lavarguy4u if you like him that much more than the Redskins? That guy has one pass rush move in the world, the bull rush, and any tackle worth his salt swallows him up. Besides, we can get 3 starters for the money Lavar was taking up and LBs just aren't worth that much. Linebackers are a lot easier to come by than a lot of other positions. I'll be gald to see him in the NFC east, remember, it's Lavar who chose to leave and I can't wait to see him give up big plays to us by being out of position. Anyone else remember Jim Finn rumbling for 20+ yards in overtime on a blown assignment by LA in overtime? Finally, we'll be the ones reaping the benefits of that.

Honestly man, where do your loyalties lie, with Lavar or the Skins? Maybe someone just needs to open an ExtremeLavar site so all these guys can whine about him being "the face of the franchise" over there. He was the face of a LOSING TEAM. If you'd rather lose all the time with Lavar than win all the time with Gibbs, you ain't no Redskins fan.

I dont know what u talking about PA skin fan, but i listen to the John Thompson show faithfully. Laver never displayed a poor attitude, he was always professional and never went on Skins bashing rants. In fact he had a special bond with them, and Coach, Al and Doc were always supportive of Lavar because they understood the conflicts he was going through.

RIGHT! I listen to that show every day, and never have I heard him speak of the team in a negative light. Even the other day he was diplomatic.

"Translation: I think I'm better than everyone and therefore shouldn't have to listen to the coaches. WTF do they know? Not moldable, lol, this guy's a freakin joke. Let him go to Dallas, PA rollouts to the left will be money everytime for the next 5 years."

but we have established very convincingly on this board that LA is a me-first liar.....why should we believe anything he says on a radio show? thanks for the thoughts though coach....

RIGHT! I listen to that show every day, and never have I heard him speak of the team in a negative light. Even the other day he was diplomatic.

Maybe it wasn't on the JT show but what was that crap about the team not handling his injury properly (his ego getting mad because he wasn't the center of attention). What was that article he put out at the end of the year? How can you guys possibly deny that Lavar bashed the organization in the media on more than one occasion. Sure, it wasn't specifically on the JT show, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. He cried about not being in the games saying he had no idea why and that he was 100% healthy. 5 weeks later he's talking about how he was wrong, he's only now getting fully healthy he just couldn't see it. A couple weeks later he follows it up with that ridiculous WT article. The guys a bi-polar, egotistical, me first attention whore. Good riddance.

I would have to disagree with Sam Huff on his belief that LaVar is the leader of the defense.

That would be (and has been since his arrival here) Marcus Washington......let's not forget that.

You pick up that tidbit from the locker room? Sam Huff has more access to this team than you can dream of. If Lavar wasn't a leader on the defense then none of the players would have asked why he wan't playing. No one would have questioned him not playing. No one would have to gone to bat for him this week. Everyone seems to forget all of that. Marcus Washington is a great player and he better be the leader now

As far as Portis taking us to the playoffs. There is no doubt about it. But if one person tries to give Lavar credit for anything or say that he might have a side in this arugument, the haters use it to jump on him again.

I really wonder why Lavar ever liked the Washington fanbase in the first place. There wasn't much widespread support for him. That is abundantly clear now.

So, Arrington sparked our 5 game winning streak to get us into the playoffs. Lets check his stats out during those game shall we?

Total Tackles = 13 (Not 1 tackle against Arizona and Dallas)

No forced fumbles or recoveries, no INT's, and no sacks.

Nuff said.

This is the type of unintelligent type of stuff that gets me. Dude he didn't play in those two games!!!!! Good grief!!!!! Can't tackle anyone if you don't play. Nor would you have a sack if your in coverage most of the time.

Gee wiz people!!!!!

photo....please stand down...dream knows what he is talking about...Holdman would have been a much better play...anyone who watched the Gints and Denver games would know that. the evidence is quite convincing.......dream at al are quite right....I don't understand why they aren't blasting GW/JG for playing LA down the stretch and into the playoffs..."things get curiouser and curiouser"!

I really wonder why Lavar ever liked the Washington fanbase in the first place. There wasn't much widespread support for him. That is abundantly clear now.

Got to disagree with you. The majority of fans loved LaVar and still do. LaVar sensed that and that's what he reacted to. When a guy embraces the fans like LaVar did from day 1, you have to work really hard to be such a "Lindsey" (now a synonym for "jerk") to dislike LaVar.

photo....please stand down...dream knows what he is talking about...Holdman would have been a much better play...anyone who watched the Gints and Denver games would know that. the evidence is quite convincing.......dream at al are quite right....I don't understand why they aren't blasting GW/JG for playing LA down the stretch and into the playoffs..."things get curiouser and curiouser"!

I'm not saying Holdman was better and he surely is a liability against the run. Lavar is an immense talent and I was a fan of his for a long time. I just feel like he showed his true colors these last two years and they aren't Joe Gibbs' Redskins colors. They're the colors of the pre-Gibbs Synder era. I wish it didn't have to turn out this way but Lavar's attitude and comments of late have really dissapointed me.

Also, I'm not saying the FO deserves no blame. For one thing, Synder should have never given him such an unwieldly contract that was more fit for a top 5 QB than a LB. That's Synder's fault, you can't blame LA for taking the money but you would hope that a guy making that kind of money would be more of a team leader and team player. I think his comment about not being a moldable rookie says a lot about his attitude and why it didn't work out here.

Yeah I know, this is crazy, I thought that you are supposed to support the team and it's players. I guess this board is different.

As someone said in another post, most of these folks would never ever doubt Gibbs, because they think he is the second coming. Last I saw he was still human. I think Gibbs brings some stability to the organization for sure, but lets not just believe that there is not some ego in there too. Along with Dale Lindsey, good grief, how in the world did this dude get so much power. Anyway some of the folks on this board might not like him, but if you go visit the Giants fan message board it's a whole different thing!!!

You pick up that tidbit from the locker room? Sam Huff has more access to this team than you can dream of. If Lavar wasn't a leader on the defense then none of the players would have asked why he wan't playing. No one would have questioned him not playing. No one would have to gone to bat for him this week. Everyone seems to forget all of that. Marcus Washington is a great player and he better be the leader now

As far as Portis taking us to the playoffs. There is no doubt about it. But if one person tries to give Lavar credit for anything or say that he might have a side in this arugument, the haters use it to jump on him again.

When we got him, he quickly became the highest selling jersey, i think in the league. Which is how they track popuarity now. Everybody here loved lavar, then the team kept on sucking, and lavar started getting hurt. Plus he never really panned out, not really, he never intimidated people save for a part of his 2nd year in the league. I'd say the fans started to turn on lavar when we drafted Super Sean Taylor. At first we talked about what a great supplement ST would make to our D, then he started destroying people at a rate which was 10x what Arrington was doing. Every game ST would hit somebody hard, really hard, or make some great play, forcing a key fumble on a 3rd and short with minutes left in a game, returning fumbles for TDs and such, and we looked around the field, and there was no lavar, so we realized we didn't really need him out there. That's when his feelings got hurt, all of these people who loved him for being perceived as great, were no longer talking about him. People want ST's autograph, CP's autograph, before they want lavar's, an his ego can't take it.

Now I don't know lavar, as most of us don't. But when you see aguy on TV hosting a reality show on ESPN, in the prime of his career, and then complains when his team "doesn't treat me right during my injury", that's called ego. Maybe if he'd cared about his team during its offseason the team would have cared about his injury, or maybe if he was in the gym instead of on the boob tube, he wouldn't have gotten hurt at all.

I never hear any of his detractors address his work in the community. true....there is football and there is "other" stuff. but it would balance all these attacks on his character.

DC....you sound a little more balanced in your last post so I can't fault you for feeling like the man's performance the last 2 seasons didn't match your expectations for someone earning his salary. I take a broader view in all of this and see blame spread to many quarters. in the event....he will move on as will the Skins.

"That's when his feelings got hurt, all of these people who loved him for being perceived as great, were no longer talking about him. People want ST's autograph, CP's autograph, before they want lavar's, an his ego can't take it."

that's right! and when ST gets all the best toys at Xmas now that really torks arrington!

When we got him, he quickly became the highest selling jersey, i think in the league. Which is how they track popuarity now. Everybody here loved lavar, then the team kept on sucking, and lavar started getting hurt. Plus he never really panned out, not really, he never intimidated people save for a part of his 2nd year in the league. I'd say the fans started to turn on lavar when we drafted Super Sean Taylor. At first we talked about what a great supplement ST would make to our D, then he started destroying people at a rate which was 10x what Arrington was doing. Every game ST would hit somebody hard, really hard, or make some great play, forcing a key fumble on a 3rd and short with minutes left in a game, returning fumbles for TDs and such, and we looked around the field, and there was no lavar, so we realized we didn't really need him out there. That's when his feelings got hurt, all of these people who loved him for being perceived as great, were no longer talking about him. People want ST's autograph, CP's autograph, before they want lavar's, an his ego can't take it.

Now I don't know lavar, as most of us don't. But when you see aguy on TV hosting a reality show on ESPN, in the prime of his career, and then complains when his team "doesn't treat me right during my injury", that's called ego. Maybe if he'd cared about his team during its offseason the team would have cared about his injury, or maybe if he was in the gym instead of on the boob tube, he wouldn't have gotten hurt at all.

You know what, this may be true. If you are the main guy for a while, and then they (the organization) is pushing other folks then he might have felt like that. I know I probably would have too. Along with most of us. This was a good point!!

The only thing is, is he wasn't able to get out on the field and show folks that he was still a good player. Remember he never put a camera in his own face and asked himself why he isn't playing. The asked him outside Redskins park, along with on John Thompsons show. OOh, well it's basically over, and the way I see it, he will end up with the Giants. They sure are not mad at it.

On another note, I will give credit to those who made this site, it sure is a whole heck of a lot easier to read with the black background then most other fan message boards that have the white background.

I never hear any of his detractors address his work in the community. true....there is football and there is "other" stuff. but it would balance all these attacks on his character.

DC....you sound a little more balanced in your last post so I can't fault you for feeling like the man's performance the last 2 seasons didn't match your expectations for someone earning his salary. I take a broader view in all of this and see blame spread to many quarters. in the event....he will move on as will the Skins.

hehe, sorry about that, I've been going a little overboard on the Lavar thing. The posts talking about hoping lavar will destroy us and get his revenge are a little upsetting, though. Obviously, there's blame on both sides, however, I feel most of it on the organizations side came from the pre-gibbs time. Also, there was just a whole lot of untimely things that happened. For Lavar to have the contract problem and be injured while a new coaching staff was being installed was a bad combination. Add to that the fact that everyone was so excited about Gibbs, everyone was talking about Gibbs, it had to be difficult for LA. To go from team darling to an injured afterthought in a matter of months and to see the coach take your place as the face of the team had to be a lot to swallow all at one time. Sure, he could've handled it a lot better but at this point, as unfortunate and unlucky as the events that led to it were, I believe it's best for both parties that it turned out this way.

http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol5no24arrington.html

Sounds pretty ill-equipped to me. Considering what the coaches have said about him since? LA hasn't exactly been getting sharper in his old age. Then again, he's not the only one.

Archived