Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Arrington says Washington wasn't "comfortable fit"

Well Lavar doesn't know too much about the season schedule, cause when I last checked you play a Divisional rival twice a year.

He said he wants to walk into FedEx once a year...last time i checked NFC East teams play here once.

EDIT whoops got beat to it lol

from what i read the redskins tried to restructure and keep him but he was non compliant with the cba contingency, so they gave him another option, one that could atleast give them some cap relief with his departure. It was lavaar's decision for the most part NOT the redskins.

I must be in the minority here, but I am distraught over this move. It has always been difficult seeing the old 'Skins come back as filthy Eagles and Giants. I honestly can't remember a 'Skins player going to Dallas.

Champ was a good trade and I could stomach Thrash, Mitchell, and Barber. Trotter is a turncoat, plain and simple. Lavar has represented all that was being a Redskin to my crew (the family). Regardless of the cap ramifications, I just can't see the positives so I guess next season can't come soon enough.

I am disappointed in the process that it has gotten to this point with Lavar. It will be extremely difficult for me to see him return in an opponents uniform, let alone one from the East.

A true die hard that is struggling mightily with this one....

Wow. That's heavy dude and I agree. I have tried to make that same argument to no avail. To each his own, I guess.

Yeah, those guys Smoot and Peirce really stuck to their words in saying "I want to be a Redskin", right?

Very few do, which is why I'm not sure why everyone is making such a big deal out of this. Arrington took many a jab at the team, through the media etc. the team took shots back at him.

Thing I don't get is everyone blaming the current staff, when damn near every coach Arrington has ever had has said the same things about him.

The Redskins got the best years out of lavar. He'll continue to lose a step every year.

Good luck LA!

The Skins will be fine without him. Lavar didn't want to renegotiate his contract so what could the Skins do. The only option was to release him or take the cap hit.

Very few do, which is why I'm not sure why everyone is making such a big deal out of this.

I agree with you on this. Over the years Lavar has said the same things to the media about always wanting to be a Redskin that every Tom, Dick, and Jerry in the NFL says about their team. The truth is this seldom happens anymore with the new age NFL. I guess it's because of a combination of the NFL becoming so corporate and all of the crap the Skins have been through recently that allows me to look past the single player. I watch the Skins to see eleven men at a time work together to accomplish a goal.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked Lavar as a Redskin, but crap happens. Seen them come and watched them go, and hopefully we'll find some other beast to work the weak side.

As far as him staying in the NFC East, I seem to be alone when I say BRING IT, SON! I'd love to see the Skins go against Arrington on a rival team. That would be two great, drama-filled games to look forward to next season, and it's all about the entertainment.

agreed...i'm getting sick of reading all the posts from every mod-wannabe out there who can't wait to jump on someone, anyone, any post, any where...be it justified or not. it doesn't help the problem but rather further exacerbates it by drowning what useful information there is to be found on this forum in a deepening abyss of white noise.

So, what's your suggestion?

i don't know about you guys, but i think if he goes to an nfc east team next year, that will be the story of both games when we play his team, and we will be really really sick of hearing about it. they always have a storyline for each game, and it will be lavar most of the time and it will get really old, really fast.

i don't know about you guys, but i think if he goes to an nfc east team next year, that will be the story of both games when we play his team, and we will be really really sick of hearing about it. they always have a storyline for each game, and it will be lavar most of the time and it will get really old, really fast.

True, I didn't even think about it in that much detail. Freakin' announcers would say something about it after every play. :doh:

agreed...i'm getting sick of reading all the posts from every mod-wannabe out there who can't wait to jump on someone, anyone, any post, any where...be it justified or not. it doesn't help the problem but rather further exacerbates it by drowning what useful information there is to be found on this forum in a deepening abyss of white noise.

It's not about wanna be mods. It's about cleaning up the forum. Simple tasks such as bringing repeat posts to light are a job that anyone can do, with no need for mod powers. The same can be said for out of the size limit signatures, among other small maintenence issues. This way, the mods can keep their eyes set on things that are a bit more important.

There is no problem with it. It's not people telling you what to do, it's people relaying the rules that should already be known.

I think what TK asked above in regards to your remark deserves an answer... preferably a suggestion. We on this board that post regularly and contribute with useful discussion topics have grown tired of everyone posting their opinion about a subject, Lavar's release as an example, with the starting of a new thread to voice it. There are nearly two dozen threads about Lavar on the first two pages of the Stadium forum.... do you think that's needed?

We don't jump on someone just to do it... we jump on people who refuse to follow the rules and who refuse to accept suggestions regarding the workings of this board. It may be white noise to you.... but I'm betting until posters get the point you're going to hear more of it. Get used to hit and help us out why don't you.

So, what's your suggestion?

how about not piling on?....what's more annoying than all the repetitive threads are all the repetitive mod-wannabes out there posting 300 :doh:s in those threads...like that actually helps. if someone doesn't like a thread title, how about not opening it? let the mods do their jobs.

and then you've got other people so anxious to join this silly pile on bandwagon that they slam a poster for making a valid, news-article thread such as this one.

It's not about wanna be mods. It's about cleaning up the forum. Simple tasks such as bringing repeat posts to light are a job that anyone can do, with no need for mod powers. The same can be said for out of the size limit signatures, among other small maintenence issues. This way, the mods can keep their eyes set on things that are a bit more important.

There is no problem with it. It's not people telling you what to do, it's people relaying the rules that should already be known.

that's fine...i guess i have a problem when a huge number of people do it in one thread though. it's like the movie Airplane...where everybody lines up to give the hysterical woman a slap.

I could give a rats ass what helmut he wears and if it's in the NFC East, so be it. He'll get the loudest boos that's ever been yelled in RFK/FedEx Field history. He had the opportunity to stay here and restructure his contract, so don't blame the front office on this one. This was all Lavar. Turncoat ****.

Great Call

A new thread opens and first thirty posts are the wannabe's best thing is just let the mod's do it they do a good enough job at it. :cheers:

We don't jump on someone just to do it... we jump on people who refuse to follow the rules and who refuse to accept suggestions regarding the workings of this board.

Here's the thing -- I was jumped on for starting this thread. Sure, we all know that LaVar has been released. Yes, we all know about the drama that's been going on between he and the Redskins.

But I was under the impression that news articles were always accepted as thread starters. And since I don't have any PMs from any moderators telling me that I'm ruining the board by posting the article that I posted, I'm under the assumption that this thread is okay by them.

Was the article I posted chock full of brand-new information? No, but his comment about playing for a divisional rival was something I hadn't heard about. I felt it was worthwhile to highlight that comment and invite conversation about it, considering when I searched the forum to see if anyone had made mention of this comment (spoken directly by LaVar and not the result of specultation), I didn't find any matches.

I'm not sure if you're insinuating that I'm "refusing to follow the rules or accept suggestions regarding the workings of this board." It really doesn't matter. The fact is that I searched the forum to avoid making a duplicate post and came up with nothing. I named the thread in the correct way. I made sure to highlight what about the article I thought was particularly newsworthy. If that's not following the rules, then maybe I just don't get it.

I think what TK asked above in regards to your remark deserves an answer... preferably a suggestion. We on this board that post regularly and contribute with useful discussion topics have grown tired of everyone posting their opinion about a subject, Lavar's release as an example, with the starting of a new thread to voice it. There are nearly two dozen threads about Lavar on the first two pages of the Stadium forum.... do you think that's needed?

We don't jump on someone just to do it... we jump on people who refuse to follow the rules and who refuse to accept suggestions regarding the workings of this board. It may be white noise to you.... but I'm betting until posters get the point you're going to hear more of it. Get used to hit and help us out why don't you.

already posted it. it's not people advising posters when they've made duplicate threads...it's when a gang does it all at once that it seems unnecessary. and as said by the original poster...this is a valid thread with a news item/link I haven't seen posted yet. this is the type of pile on that irks me.

I was under the impression that news articles were always accepted as thread starters. And since I don't have any PMs from any moderators telling me that I'm ruining the board by posting the article that I posted, I'm under the assumption that this thread is okay by them.

DING!

already posted it. it's not people advising posters when they've made duplicate threads...it's when a gang does it all at once that it seems unnecessary. and as said by the original poster...this is a valid thread with a news item/link I haven't seen posted yet. this is the type of pile on that irks me.

the pile on is used as a deterrent - it kinda makes you not want to do it again :)

there are a lot of people here that care about this place and are just trying to keep things orderly, that's all.

All that said, let's remember that some people are, quite frankly, *******s and pile on without the best interest of the forum at mind...

It happens. For the most part, if you see a long time poster saying something, chances are they represent a larger number of posters. But, some new posters get it too :)

Archived