Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reports of "Significant Progress" Towards CBA

ArmchairRedskin

Cowboys | Jones believes a CBA deal can get done

Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:18:49 -0800

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes a deal between the NFL and the Players Association could be completed immediately. Speaking in measured tones Saturday because of a significant fine that could be levied for talking about the negotiations surrounding the collective bargaining agreement, Jones said, "major increases have been put in the deal and it should get done." Jones said the higher-revenue clubs are not holding up a deal. Owners are expected to meet again in Dallas March 7.

Link please. Also:

Heckert said the Eagles probably won't be pursuing big-name free agents during the offseason, mainly because there isn't expected to be much high-end quality in the areas the Eagles need help. Expect them to wait until the first wave of high-priced free agents are gone and then go bargain hunting for functional players who won't be looking for massive deals.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/99-02052006-608533.html

Can you imagine what the Dan would do with a $110M cap?

Heckert said the same thing right before we signed Kearse and traded for TO.

What benefit is it to telegraph your intentions to the rest of the NFL?

I interpret it this way.

The owners are making progress in how the revenue sharing will go. Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones are making some concessions of local revenue. In return, Snyder, Jones, Bowlen, etc. will gain a Salary Cap increase.

That's a pretty safe bet. Exactly what I was just thinking. Basically if the cheaper teams want more money, then they let the wealthier teams make more and give them cap room to do so.

The 06 cap will be between 92-95 million if its extended or not. The 07 cap will be 110 million.

From everything I have read the cap will go up in 06'. That is the assumption that every team has that I have read about. I think that is part of what the union wants. Sorry if we avoid cap hell again Westy.

The Figure Skating in the olympics possibly???

Oh sheez!! If I were to see ONE MORE FREAKIN' SECOND OF FREAKIN' FIGURE SKATING, I'M GONNA HURT SOMEBODY!!! :evil:

I swear, the way the networks act, they might as well make the Winter Olympics the Freakin' Figure Skating Games and just tell the rest of the athletes to go home! I for one love the Winter Olympics for everything BUT figure skating!!

Thank God for the CBA mess to keep me from going postal over the coverage of these Games!

Oh sheez!! If I were to see ONE MORE FREAKIN' SECOND OF FREAKIN' FIGURE SKATING, I'M GONNA HURT SOMEBODY!!! :evil:

I swear, the way the networks act, they might as well make the Winter Olympics the Freakin' Figure Skating Games and just tell the rest of the athletes to go home! I for one love the Winter Olympics for everything BUT figure skating!!

Thank God for the CBA mess to keep me from going postal over the coverage of these Games!

I figured the CBA mess would have led to you going postal.:D

I hope its the increase in parking passes. I think 35.00 is crazy and people should just give them up at that price. :paranoid:

Give them to ME!

I live in Florida for cryin' out loud and *I'm* on the waiting list for a pair of season tickets! $35.00 to park is only a small part of what it would cost me to go to the games, and I STILL want those tickets!!

Give them to ME!

I live in Florida for cryin' out loud and *I'm* on the waiting list for a pair of season tickets! $35.00 to park is only a small part of what it would cost me to go to the games, and I STILL want those tickets!!

Uh I don't have any. But if I was one of those people who did, I'd refuse them in protest! :silly:

So no link?

And, keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. :laugh:

http://eagles.scout.com/2/502855.html

In a somewhat related matter, an NFL source has told Scout.com that the 2006 salary cap will be announced on Monday and according to this source, will be $95 million. This is on the high end of what was expected - most estimates were anywhere from $92 to $95 million.

http://eagles.scout.com/2/502855.html

In a somewhat related matter, an NFL source has told Scout.com that the 2006 salary cap will be announced on Monday and according to this source, will be $95 million. This is on the high end of what was expected - most estimates were anywhere from $92 to $95 million.

This is without the new agreement as stated before.

I think they would announce an increase to the $100-$105m mark IMHO. Even so, if it does come in at the present estimated figure of $95m, the Skins are still fine because the restrictions of the final capped year will be taken away.

The LTBE incentives that 4 players have tied to the CBA not being renewed will disappear ($6.125m) and guaranteeing those 2006 roster bonuses due to a number of players will save a further $16m.

So before even considering releasing players or renegotiating contracts for the high base salary players, the SKins would be sitting at a cap figure of under $93m with the stroke of a pen.

Sounds like a safe bet to lose your sig there westbrook36. This has been paraphrased and quoted to hell and back, the $92-95m was said to be the cap if this is the final capped year, ie if the cba ended at the end of this season.

Id dig another quote out for you, but theres 100s on here already, and plenty more on every major media website all over the place. Its gonna be an interesting bet all the same.

Archived