Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A truly unbelievable, uplifting story (merged x2)

nelms

So sick of hearing about this kid. Kid's a clown. I've played pickup with him before and all he does is run his mouth... he scores, he gets in your face and tells you... You score he 'had no help defense'. His autism is extremely mild, which even he completely admits...

Now, I DO think it's a great story, and I think it's great for the kid... But I can't watch TV without that little **** showing up on my tv screen... And I never liked the kid to begin with... SportsCenter, Cold Pizza, CNN, Local news, in the high school I coach at, at my college... I can't get away from it...

Now, before you all call me 'insensitive', I work every Friday with children with disabilities. Some have autism, others have cerebral palsy and multiple other disorders... I get along with them great. Just because the kid has autism doesn't mean he can't be a jerk.

What I do feel bad for him about, though, is how fake some of the other people they're interviewing are. Half of the guys on that team don't like the kid at all, but because it's a chance to get on SportsCenter they decide to pretend. That bothers me. Being fake is crap. I mean it's to the point where some of these guys have completely ignored him or gotten into fights with him during pick up games... Yet here they are, singing his praises on SportsCenter...

And the coach crying made me sick. That coach is the reason the kid didn't get to play in the first place... Looking over him because he has a disability. Believe me, I may not like the kid, but he's a pretty decent ball player... Better then some of the other guys that they have on that squad. He should have been on the team to begin with.

So sick of hearing about this kid. Kid's a clown. I've played pickup with him before and all he does is run his mouth... he scores, he gets in your face and tells you... You score he 'had no help defense'. His autism is extremely mild, which even he completely admits...

Now, I DO think it's a great story, and I think it's great for the kid... But I can't watch TV without that little **** showing up on my tv screen... And I never liked the kid to begin with... SportsCenter, Cold Pizza, CNN, Local news, in the high school I coach at, at my college... I can't get away from it...

Now, before you all call me 'insensitive', I work every Friday with children with disabilities. Some have autism, others have cerebral palsy and multiple other disorders... I get along with them great. Just because the kid has autism doesn't mean he can't be a jerk.

What I do feel bad for him about, though, is how fake some of the other people they're interviewing are. Half of the guys on that team don't like the kid at all, but because it's a chance to get on SportsCenter they decide to pretend. That bothers me. Being fake is crap. I mean it's to the point where some of these guys have completely ignored him or gotten into fights with him during pick up games... Yet here they are, singing his praises on SportsCenter...

And the coach crying made me sick. That coach is the reason the kid didn't get to play in the first place... Looking over him because he has a disability. Believe me, I may not like the kid, but he's a pretty decent ball player... Better then some of the other guys that they have on that squad. He should have been on the team to begin with.

Yeah it's interesting hearing more about this kid. I don't know about calling him a "little ****," but then again I don't know the guy. He does have very mild autism and I wouldn't have known he was autistic at all if I wasn't informed beforehand. My brother is autistic and he goes to a special education school with many other autisitic kids and I have seen none with that mild a condition. He may not be autistic at all but then again I am only evaluating him from this video. However, I still do feel very happy for this kid and this would be a remarkable story even if he wasn't autisitic.

Yeah it's interesting hearing more about this kid. I don't know about calling him a "little ****," but then again I don't know the guy. He does have very mild autism and I wouldn't have known he was autistic at all if I wasn't informed beforehand. My brother is autistic and he goes to a special education school with many other autisitic kids and I have seen none with that mild a condition. He may not be autistic at all but then again I am only evaluating him from this video. However, I still do feel very happy for this kid and this would be a remarkable story even if he wasn't autisitic.

Well, I do know him, so calling him a little **** is well within my rights.

I volunteer at an organization that provides services for the mentally and physically disabled...I'm still AMAZED at the things I get to see. I also volunteer at the special olympics if anyone is on the salisbury area and wants to help out for the day! :D

thanks for the buzzkill, kdawg :silly:

I'm not trying to ruin the story for everyone. It's a great story... It's just in my experience, and all my friends experience, that this kid is a total tool. Maybe we got a bad impression of him, after all we only play bball with him a couple times a week...

Sorry dks :)

I'm not trying to ruin the story for everyone. It's a great story... It's just in my experience, and all my friends experience, that this kid is a total tool. Maybe we got a bad impression of him, after all we only play bball with him a couple times a week...

Sorry dks :)

It's fine, i was just giving you a hard time...you shouldn't feel obliged to like a person simply because they are disabled and I appreciate you telling us about your personal encounter with this guy.

Kdawgs also gonna love the fact that apparently a bunch of hollywood filmhouses have approached the family for movie rights. Just heard that on sportscenter.

That seems like it would be an awfully lame movie if the climax is him scoring six baskets in a meaningless game.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived