Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

All about the fitteds now with the sticker

[pic]mavs hat[/pic]

Why this is pimp

1) Old school Mavs "Rolando Blackman" era logo

2) Blue and white throwback

I would pay good money for that.

There needs to be green in that hat, considering the original logo...

aa65jz06hggyuale7xmkeefka.gif

I like anything that has the old logo on it.

Have to make a Lebron James decision here

Received interest from a financial company to sell insurance and financial services

However sales is something I have virtually no experience in and I am not a salesman

Just a wild guess, but the company wouldn't happen to be Primerica Financial Services...would it?

Nope, not Kramerica Enterprises either

Haha, good. I got a call from those guys a few days ago. Happened to be by my computer when I got it, did a quick google search and ended up laughing at the lady after I read about how their company works. Basically it's a MLM company that sells term life insurance and mutual funds. Horribly managed and pure commissions based.

Now if Kramerica Industries called me, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I've got nothing against mending chicken wire and high tea with Mr. Newman

Do you have any IT certifications? Perhaps that may be something to look in to. CompTIA has some good ones you may want to research that may help you out.

Oh great, now you got me distracted from serious life issues to recall that episode. Lol, he had an intern with him. That was a fine episode :ols:

Yes, Darren was one hell of a go getter and if I recall correctly, Kramer also referred to him as a tenacious little monkey. One of my favorite episodes.

HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

For anyone who hasn't seen it, I highly recommend the movie Storm Of The Century (film adaptation of the Stephen King novel). It's pretty ****ing long, about 4.5 hrs to be exact, but if you don't have a short attention span, and you enjoy more of what the horror genre has to offer besides predictable, gory teen slasher flicks, then I think you'll enjoy it.

I admit that I may be in the minority when I say this, but I've always the film adaptations of Stephen Kings books (The Shining, Rose Red, The Langoliers, Salems Lot, etc) and even though there aren't a lot of household names in most of them, the actors that are cast always seem to fit the character that they're portraying pretty accurately.

Lol that was the Hellloooo? Episode? I haven't seen it in a while. They dropped something from a tower at the end and then Kramerica was no more.

Also Vandalay industries, but that one is way overplayed. Importer / Exporter

Yes, it's Kramer's bladder system for oil tankers. That way if a tanker explodes, the oil is contained. The item they drop is a ball made by the company George works for, Play Now. George is under heat cause he faked a disability to help him get the job and was caught by his boss, but he can't be fired cause he's on a 1 year contract. Some VERY memorable moments in that episode.

One of my favorite Kramer scenes.

Kramer: Look at this, they are redoing the Cloud Club.

Jerry: Oh, that restaurant on top of the Chrysler building? Yeah, that’s a good idea.

Kramer: Of course it’s a good idea, it’s my idea. I conceived this whole project two years ago.

Jerry: Which part? The renovating the restaurant you don’t own part or spending the two hundred million you don’t have part?

Kramer: You see I come up with these things, I know they’re gold, but nothing happens. You know why?

Jerry: No resources, no skill, no talent, no ability, no brains.

Kramer: (interrupts) No, no…time! It’s all this meaningless time. Laundry, grocery, shopping, coming in here talking to you. Do you have any idea how much time I waste in this apartment?

Jerry: I can ball park it.

(Elaine walks in – how did she come up without the buzzer?)

Elaine: (doing the voice) Hello-o-o-o!

Kramer: Here we go; now she comes in. Now my whole day is shot!

---------- Post added July-24th-2011 at 10:29 PM ----------

Can't find a stream link for the Entourage season premiere. DAMN YOU HBO!!!!

You can watch it tomorrow morning off certain sites. ;)

That's how I have to roll now without cable or HBO.

Don't forget Kramer also invented the beach cologne spray. Mental image of Kramer sniffing Jerry's girlfriend and getting all riled up. :ols:

Watching the 1984 NBA Finals on youtube. First Magic vs Bird playoff series. Awesome

I remember watching a period where Jordan scored a ****load of points in the 2nd quarter. It was like 20 or 30. Cant' remember. Saw it on Youtube. I believe it was the one where Jordan did his now-famous shrug as he was going down the court.

Just ignoring my glaring educational problems and tuning them out, reminiscing about Seinfeld and NBA. This is my life hahahaha

You can watch it tomorrow morning off certain sites. ;)

That's how I have to roll now without cable or HBO.

Don't forget Kramer also invented the beach cologne spray. Mental image of Kramer sniffing Jerry's girlfriend and getting all riled up. :ols:

Yeah I know plenty of sites that will have it up later tonight. But I'd rather watch it right now :(

I remember watching a period where Jordan scored a ****load of points in the 2nd quarter. It was like 20 or 30. Cant' remember. Saw it on Youtube. I believe it was the one where Jordan did his now-famous shrug as he was going down the court.

That was Game 1 of the 1992 Finals vs the Blazers.

Are you asian, ix? Your twitter says your last name is Tang. If you are, I had no clue. I seriously have you in my head as David Eckstein.

Yes, I have kept my ethnicity under wraps most of this time

Anyway

zlaL9OhZQoc

MJ!

HAHAHA THE OLD SCHOOL NBA GOGGLES

Bring them back!

That was Game 1 of the 1992 Finals vs the Blazers.

Lol MArv is just going mad

Never saw any of this live, or any of Jordan's games live

Was too busy being a geek and studying...making up for all my hard work back in K-12 by slacking off now.

Love the shrug!

---------- Post added July-24th-2011 at 10:55 PM ----------

RP, you ever read Magic Vs. Bird or whatever by that Boston Globe reporter girl

Sorry for the vagaries but I don't want to look it up right now. That book, and the corresponding HBO documentary which I still have somewhere on my computer, are epic. A great look back in the rivalry. It was interesting how they eventually bonded as they got older.

MJ!

HAHAHA THE OLD SCHOOL NBA GOGGLES

Bring them back!

The full game 1 can be found in this one vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mya7jAH4TQ

RP, you ever read Magic Vs. Bird or whatever by that Boston Globe reporter girl

Sorry for the vagaries but I don't want to look it up right now. That book, and the corresponding HBO documentary which I still have somewhere on my computer, are epic. A great look back in the rivalry. It was interesting how they eventually bonded as they got older.

No I haven't. Yeah, current Celtics-Lakers doesn't interest me one bit. But 1980s Celtics-Lakers was riveting stuff.

The full game 1 can be found in this one vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mya7jAH4TQ

No I haven't. Yeah, current Celtics-Lakers doesn't interest me one bit. But 1980s Celtics-Lakers was riveting stuff.

The problem is the NBA was better back then than it is now. The NBA is a league focused on a glorious history but a mediocre present. Not really a big fan of the current game and barely pay attention, but back then, man, those superstars, they dominated. Jordan, Magic, Bird, Hakeem. Wow

The game just isn't the same anymore

Can't play defense

So when you are all sad about the NBA going lockout, I say forget that. Because the current NBA is a broken product. The NBA back in the day was the thing, captivating, amazing, epic. We don't have that anymore. Just clowns talking trash they can't back up about how they're going to win 7 championships, and building these ****ing super teams. Jordan, Magic, and Bird...the only super team they were on were the Dream Team. They never got together and talked **** to the rest of the league. They weren't buddy-buddy like everyone is now

I've watched quite a few old NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals series. Good to pass time and fun if you're a huge fan of the sport.

"Here's Jordan, for three, YES!"

"This is the greatest performance, maybe EVER, in a single half, playoffs, or, in the history of this league!" (not Marv, some other guy)

A few years ago, I read a book by David Halberstam on Michael Jordan. It was a phenomenal book detailing his life from his youth in North Carolina to his "retirement" after 1998. I would highly suggest it if you are a Jordan fan. It showed how Jordan was off the court, his fascination with gambling, how he would often place these bets that he knew he would win, like who's bag came out first out of the luggage carousel. I also remember in the book how Jordan really didn't like to lose at all. He was a winner at nearly everything. What a guy

Archived