Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Bush the worst President the U.S. has had?

macnoke03

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

you do realize their is more than one poll right?

:doh:

Yep, and I provided a link that displays Bush's approval rating for every single major poll. :doh: NBC/Wall Street Journal, LA Times/Bloomberg, USA Today/Gallup, Pew, ABC/Washington Post, CBS/New York Times, CNN/Opinion Research, AP. Here it is again:

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

Perhaps you would like to try again (or just continue to make up numbers).

Yep, and I provided a link that displays Bush's approval rating for every single major poll. :doh: NBC/Wall Street Journal, LA Times/Bloomberg, USA Today/Gallup, Pew, ABC/Washington Post, CBS/New York Times, CNN/Opinion Research, AP. Here it is again:

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

Perhaps you would like to try again (or just continue to make up numbers).

or post a link that says 24%

If Carter is the worst as some claim then Bush is going to own that record.

Bush is stuck at a 24% approval rating...even after the state of the union.

Carter left office at 34% approval rating so Bush has to do something extraordinary to avoid becoming #1 on the list.

Are we now measuring by popularity?

Carter lost in a LANDSLIDE

Bush was re-elected by a higher percentage than his first election, after he started the war

Bush >>>>>>>>> Carter

....But Bush can compete with each one of these lesser lights of the presidency. Instead of using all the U.S. government’s national security resources to capture or kill Osama bin Laden, ....

"Between 1998 and 2000, the CIA and President Bill Clinton's national security team were caught up in paralyzing policy disputes as they secretly debated the legal permissions for covert operations against Osama bin Laden in Afghanistan."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59781-2004Feb21.html

Clinton can compete!!!.........Put Clinton back on the worst list

Carter/Clinton....Tweedle Dum(B) and Tweedle Dee

"Between 1998 and 2000, the CIA and President Bill Clinton's national security team were caught up in paralyzing policy disputes as they secretly debated the legal permissions for covert operations against Osama bin Laden in Afghanistan."

Right.

As opposed to Bush, who simply ordered the entire department closed. (And created a different department tasked with generating a reason to invade Iraq.)

Clinton position on Ossama (pre 9/11): "What legal authority do I have to do something about this guy?"

Bush position on Ossama (post 9/11): "Why are you people telling me about this guy? Who cares about him? What have you got on Saddam?" (And, to the public: "We had no idea this guy was dangerous. And there's no record that I actually read those warnings about him.")

....Clinton position on Ossama (pre 9/11): "What legal authority do I have to do something about this guy?" ....

Clinton after Khobar Towers Bombing.....

"I was very disappointed that the political leadership in the United States would tell the families of these 19 heroes that we were going to leave no stone unturned and find the people who killed them, to give that order to the director -- because that's the order that I got -- and then do nothing to assist and facilitate that investigation, and, in fact, to undermine it," Freeh said."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/10/freeh.clinton/index.html

""What the administration did was latch onto law enforcement as a way of showing that they were doing something," says former CIA director Jim Woolsey. "And if you prosecute successfully a small fry, you can claim victory"

"The Khobar bombing should have prompted severe consequences for both Saudi Arabia, for its financial support for the growing terror network, and Iran, for its direct involvement in the attack. But the Clinton administration couldn't bring itself to change the basis of its relationship with Saudi Arabia, or to punish Iran, which actually got softer treatment after Khobar. "

http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/lowry200311030753.asp

Clinton....fighting a war, with attorneys

Andrew Johnson, Jimmy Carter, Herbert Hoover, Franklin Pierce, Bill Clinton are at the bottom.

Bush has been ranked by historians as mid-range, around the 20s...

Liberated 27 million human beings, economy better now than in the 1990's, home ownership at highest level in history, unemployment rate 4.8%..

How the heck did you miss Buchanon? No one is is even a close second to him as the worst US President in history.

Grant or Andrew Johnson take your pick worst ever

I would say that Bush is the worst President in my lifetime. Bush is the worst president since Hoover. He suplants Jimmy Carter, our greatest ex-President; for the worst modern day President.

Jimmy was arguable worse with regard to the economy. But Jimmy didn't come to office with a 200 billion dollar surplus. The economy Jimmy inherited was pretty much devistated by the Vietnam era spending and the cold war. Jimmy was ahead of his time foreign policy wise, (which isn't a good thing.) Making human rights a focus of foreign policy lost us Iran, Nicaragua, and inspired the Soviet Union. But Jimmy restored a lot of prestige to the United States after Vietnam and Watergate; and Jimmy didn't make me ashamed for my country. Maybe just a little embarressed.

George will go down as the worst President in the modern era, so far. It will take us a decade to recover from Bush, and 2010-2020 will likely be remembered like the 1970's. A decade of high inflation, high unemployment, and high taxes because of George Bush's policies, graft, and corruption.

I thought his old man was pretty good too, for a one term President. Shows you the danger of going for a dynasty.

Clinton was likely the worst leader the country ever had. His administration caused every parent to explain what a blow-job was to their elementary school age children and had every married couple to reaffirm that oral sex was indeed sex.

However Clinton was also one of the best Presidents with regards to actually doing his job. Those town meetings where he felt our pain got old in the US after the first half of his first term. But they never got old over seas. Clinton was at his best in town hall meetings in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, China and Japan. Clinton's economic policies were almost miraculous. ( I give Newt a lot of Credit too here )... Not only balancing the budget but actually turning a surplus. Incredible. Add to that his reforming social programs and his effect on the economy.

No way anybody will say Clinton was even among our worst Presidents in the coming decades. He was a very poor leader; but he was just too good at the governing part to give him poor marks over all. I actually think Clinton could have gone down as one of our greatest Presidents. The scandals and the fact when he left office every school child could name five different women he had had extra marital affairs with diminishes him. He was likely one of the greatest Politicians since FDR. He took scandals which ended the careers of candidates before him and continued as if nothing had happened. But FDR used his gifts to move his agenda's down the road to leave his political mark on the country. Clinton used his gifts mostly to survive his bimbo eruptions.

It also must be said, Clinton left his party in shambles. He had no coat tails and even given all his success; the country was very ready to see him gone when he left. Bill Clinton, more than any other Democrat, is responsible for Al Gore's loss of the Presidency. Clinton is also culpable for George Bush coming to office. If Bill could have kept it in his pants, no way is George Bush President during 9/11.

Are we now measuring by popularity?

Carter lost in a LANDSLIDE

Bush was re-elected by a higher percentage than his first election, after he started the war

Bush >>>>>>>>> Carter

Yeah....and his approval rating right now shows exactly what people (that voted for him) think of him now.

Carter was up against Ronnie Ray-gun while Bush was up against John Kerry.....BIG DIFFERENCE

:doh:

Archived