Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was your favorite losing season? post-Gibbs I

skinfan2k

after the tenure of gibbs I ended, i think the best team to watch with a losing record was the teams that steve spurrier put on the field. i just remember that preseason where we average 40 pts a game, and had such high hopes for the upcoming season. i remember the fun press confrences, and such. dont includes gibbs First year in term2

after the tenure of gibbs I ended, i think the best team to watch with a losing record was the teams that steve spurrier put on the field. i just remember that preseason where we average 40 pts a game, and had such high hopes for the upcoming season. i remember the fun press confrences, and such. dont includes gibbs First year in term2

No offense man, but wtf are you talking about? Favorite losing season? The only losing season that I didn't hate was Gibbs' first year back just b/c I knew that good things were on the way.

I hated those Spurrier teams.

No offense man, but wtf are you talking about? Favorite losing season? The only losing season that I didn't hate was Gibbs' first year back just b/c I knew that good things were on the way.

I hated those Spurrier teams.

Yeah. I REALLY do not want to remember the Spurrier error...I mean era. I think I dislike him even more than Norv.

I would have to say 1998, since we started out so bad and ended up winning six of the last nine games.

Watching Trent Green and some of the younger players develop that year was the one thing that made that season enjoyable...even when they were lsoing games.

Then again they did get blown out pretty bad in the first half.

On the other hand, in Spurrier's second season in 2003 though we lost more than the year before, the team played closer in most of the games, even with a horrible defense. But that season started out so well and ended so badly that I can't really think of it as well as I do of 1998.

:laugh:

Those Spurrier years were the WORST.

like GSF said, wtf? :laugh:

no offense to the thread starter.

I was actually optimistic about Spurrier at first. I didn't see it coming. And that pre-season game against SF I was telling myself that's the way it would be, and Ramsey would be The Chosen One. The resulting bunch of stuff set my self-confidence, predicting-wise, back considerably :laugh: .

I was so excited that yr under Spurrier where we started 2-0 and then I FINALLY got to go to a Skins game at Fed-Ex, we f-ing lost in OT to the Giants, but man that 4th Qtr was exciting. I met D McCants after the game and took a pic w/ him and said hello to Patrick R., ...then everything went down the pooper!!!

Archived