Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My 2000th Post-HTTR and Thanks!

georgiaredskin

For my 2000th post, I would like to thank the founder of this board, all ES Members, and the wonderful Mods for the atmosphere, fun & knowledge-filled threads that have allowed me to share my never-ending love of our Redskins.

All of my immediate family members are die-hard fans-from my late parents to my 3 siblings. I enjoyed some fellowship growing up in Rockville with friends from school, but never have I experienced the enjoyment of mass following that I have from this board. I’ve learned so much in so little amount of time. I’ve already met some good friends on here and like to thank my good buddy honorary_hog especially-for his friendship, karma threads & sense of humor, Dean Collins for his life knowledge & friendship, The Rock for Fansomnia nights, PCS for his wit and forum guidance, and MeetST for such a hilarious time in the neverending story/Picture Battles.

Living in Alabama from ’91 to ’95, and Georgia from ’96 to 2004, I was morosely bereft of Redskins, Skins fans, Skins hype, and Skins TV games. In that respect it was one of the darkest periods in my life. Now I am enlivened again from the spice, the fire, the love, and the passion of Burgundy & Gold that burns in my blood while getting to live here again, and I have a new lease on life. I urge you non-area Skins fans to move back if you are so led! There’s just something magical in the air that you smell when you are a Redskin fan living in the DC area.

I’ve also found the post-season to be bearable only because of this board. Unfortunately it wasn’t until post-season (and about 1500 posts) that I discovered the joy of non-football-ES-fellowship, the thrilling debates, and the thousands of laughs of the famous Tailgate. Overall, I just wanted to say ‘thank you’ to this board for the best time before, during and after games of the best football team around, for being the best fans around and quality people.

It’s great to be back in Maryland and to be a Redskins fan!! :point2sky

Hail to the Redskins (and the fans) always!

georgiaredskin :helmet:

YAY!!!! CONGRATS...I'm slowing getting there......:rolleyes: :laugh:

Thanks :) You'll get there quick-as we continue the neverending story! I just realized something.......now I'M SEAN TAYLOR!!!!! :point2sky He looks like he just spit on Michael Pittman! I want to stay a Playmaker forever. Well, unless of course the next avatar is Marcus Washington.

Originally posted by Major Harris:

it amazes me how fast these new kids get to the milestones.....

congrats georgia, it's nice to have you around.

Originally posted by MLKSKINS:

GeorgiaRedskins

at the rate I am going

I started August 2005 got 300 Post I will be there in

June 2009

Hail!!

Edit: My God we stared around the same time. What have I been doing the last 1/2 year.

Grats georgia on 2,000...and grats meetST on 1,500!

:laugh: Thanks guys. Thanks for making this board so fun. And yeah, I'm a quick addict. :)

Originally posted by praise gibbs

Congrats Georgia! What part of georgia did you live at?

Thanks! I lived in Cordele, about 2 hours south of Atlanta off 75. The "Watermelon Capital of the World". Population: roughly 20,000. It was a town with nothing much in it, not even a mall, and even the movie theater was closed before I left. But it had a lot of very nice, good people whom I really enjoyed living around. :helmet:

Thanks! I lived in Cordele, about 2 hours south of Atlanta off 75. The "Watermelon Capital of the World". Population: roughly 20,000. It was a town with nothing much in it, not even a mall, and even the movie theater was closed before I left. But it had a lot of very nice, good people whom I really enjoyed living around. :helmet:

Not sure where that is.. How far from Glennville and Claxton (the fruitcake capital of the world lol)? My friends live down there, I traveled from NJ, and stayed with the over this past Memorial day weekend. I liked it down there from what I saw--very peaceful.

Not sure where that is.. How far from Glennville and Claxton (the fruitcake capital of the world lol)? My friends live down there, I traveled from NJ, and stayed with the over this past Memorial day weekend. I liked it down there from what I saw--very peaceful.

About 3 hours give or take (less for Claxton, more for Glennville). That's cool. It's just too darn hot in the summers. And I didn't live near water. I truly enjoy Md-"the perfect 4 season state". Much longer fall and spring.

Friendship? Karma? Sense of humor?

I guess it would be bad karma to tell you now that I don't like you very much. *rim shot*

In all seriousness, this board, and you personally, helped make this past season the most enjoyable in recent memory. (Winning doesn't hurt either.) Thanks for being there, win or loss, good or bad. I'm looking forward to your next 2000 posts!

:cheers:

Friendship? Karma? Sense of humor?

I guess it would be bad karma to tell you now that I don't like you very much. *rim shot*

In all seriousness, this board, and you personally, helped make this past season the most enjoyable in recent memory. (Winning doesn't hurt either.) Thanks for being there, win or loss, good or bad. I'm looking forward to your next 2000 posts!

Thanks Old Man!! Happy Birthday, buddy!!! ;)

Ditto to you. (haha I surpassed your # of posts and I don't get paid for it!!)

Wow, what a wonderful compliment and coming from a God-I mean, Mod! :notworthy Thank you very much.

Why don't ya dig your nose a little deeper, huh!!! :jk:

Congrats man; you've already received your compliments from the mods; you're officially a benefit to the ES society!! :) I for one enjoy your posts!

Archived