Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

offseason musts, pay attention cerrato

RypienAss

ok, let's be real here. we need to look at the areas of our team that needs improvement. the defense was excellent all season long. our depth proved to be valuable after injuries. with that being said, we need to improve our pass rush from the outside. daniels was great, but needs a complement on the other side. but if clemons gets more playing time, he could be the guy. arrington is valuable, yet expendable. i love the guy, but he has to buy into the team concept, or he'll be let go. so defensively, we might not need any additions. now to the offense. the games we lost, were due to pressure on the left side due to samuels' inability to block anybody decent. rice, merriman, burgess, and the end from KC killed us. samuels made the pro bowl. that was a bigger joke than the eagles sending 3 db's to last year's pro bowl. samuels sucks and can't block. his cap number is huge. we need to release his worthless ***** and draft a young left tackle. saving money is what we need to do. we also need to draft more depth on the o-line. also we need help at wide reciever. moss was terrific, but he needs help also. if patten gets back to form, we should be ok. other than that i don't know if we can afford to sign a complement for him. special teams we are also fine at. those are our musts to get to the next level. with our cap situation, we can only do so much. let's just hope we don't waste a first round pick like we did last year. with 2 capable quarterbacks, there was no need to draft another. if ramsey gets the right coordinator to mentor him and make him not hold the ball forever, then he'll be an all-pro. brunell might have one or 2 years left. ramsey has the ability. remember his first game against the titans? he tore them apart. the guy has the talent, just needs the right coaching. spurrier was a disaster. snyder needs to let the good minds of the team make the decisions, not him like a kid making a christmas wishlist.

ramsey has the ability. remember his first game against the titans? he tore them apart. the guy has the talent, just needs the right coaching.

And he never had a game remotely near that good afterward, evidenced by the massive egg he laid the very next week against NO.

He's gone. Get accustomed to that.

I'm sure Vinny will call you first thing in the AM for some tips.

let's just hope we don't waste a first round pick like we did last year. with 2 capable quarterbacks, there was no need to draft another.

Two questions...How do you know we wasted a pick in Jason? What has Ramsey shown to be a reliable full time player in this league (I'm not saying he doesnt have potential)?

Dude, lets actually be real. YOU are about the 3000000th person to make this exact post, trying to preach saying you know all the secrets.

FIRST you have the word @$$ in your name directly behind the name of one of our SUPERBOWL QBS....by the way how dare you say that Ramsey needs coaching...he's got, in my opinion, the greatest QB coach in the league.

SECOND you have sat here and bashed one of our guards (which i agree with you to a point) but you cannot used those 4 players as examples, those are pro bowl players, they were beating EVERYONE. And just an addition, Merriman is not even a lineman, he's a linebacker who was a MONSTER this season....I dont think Samuels is NEARLY as good as he get's credit for, but you cant bash him for getting beat by the best. No he shouldnt have been sent to the pro bowl, but dont call him worthless until you can do it yourself. The guy is ailing, but he's far from worthless.

just my two cents...

Guess a slow start will suffice at first.

the guy has the talent, just needs the right coaching. spurrier was a disaster. snyder needs to let the good minds of the team make the decisions, not him like a kid making a christmas wishlist.

1). The title. As a Redskins fan I would think you now know how things are done in the Redskins organization and who runs things. Why direct things at only Cerrato.

2) Okay. So. Gibbs is the H.C., Saunders O.C. , and Lazer the QB coach. What right coaching are you talking about?

3)As for Dan Snyder, see #1.

We can go from there.

ok, let's be real here. we need to look at the areas of our team that needs improvement. the defense was excellent all season long. our depth proved to be valuable after injuries. with that being said, we need to improve our pass rush from the outside. daniels was great, but needs a complement on the other side. but if clemons gets more playing time, he could be the guy. arrington is valuable, yet expendable. i love the guy, but he has to buy into the team concept, or he'll be let go. so defensively, we might not need any additions. now to the offense. the games we lost, were due to pressure on the left side due to samuels' inability to block anybody decent. rice, merriman, burgess, and the end from KC killed us. samuels made the pro bowl. that was a bigger joke than the eagles sending 3 db's to last year's pro bowl. samuels sucks and can't block. his cap number is huge. we need to release his worthless ***** and draft a young left tackle. saving money is what we need to do. we also need to draft more depth on the o-line. also we need help at wide reciever. moss was terrific, but he needs help also. if patten gets back to form, we should be ok. other than that i don't know if we can afford to sign a complement for him. special teams we are also fine at. those are our musts to get to the next level. with our cap situation, we can only do so much. let's just hope we don't waste a first round pick like we did last year. with 2 capable quarterbacks, there was no need to draft another. if ramsey gets the right coordinator to mentor him and make him not hold the ball forever, then he'll be an all-pro. brunell might have one or 2 years left. ramsey has the ability. remember his first game against the titans? he tore them apart. the guy has the talent, just needs the right coaching. spurrier was a disaster. snyder needs to let the good minds of the team make the decisions, not him like a kid making a christmas wishlist.

AND breeeeeaaaaathe.....

IN!

and OOOUUUUTT!

In!

and OOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUTTTT!!

feel better already, huh?

(p.s. and also, we know it's you Pittman4Two. Not funny man)

Who cares whether Ramsey tore up the crappy titans pass defense. He showed this year in the opening game against the Bears and in the preseason that he cant handle Gibb's offense. Also, although Samuels might not be Pro Bowl worthy, some of the plays made against him were Brunell's fault. So until you know what your talking about, do say anything.

Samuels made the pro bowl. That was a bigger joke than the eagles sending 3 db's to last year's pro bowl.

Samuels sucks and can't block. His cap number is huge. We need to release his worthless ***** and draft a young left tackle.

Saving money is what we need to do. We also need to draft more depth on the o-line.

OK, now that I made that a little easier to read, let's discuss some of these points:

Samuels may be overrated to some, but I think as a whole, Skins fans undervalue him as a player. He played VERY solid most of the year (other than the KC game.)

His cap number isn't huge. He made $800,000 in '05 and he's due $1,000,000 next year. Do some research before you make claims like that.

Since I just debunked the salary myth, lets discuss your next point: releasing Samuels. I agree that we need more depth on th OL, but don't say we need to RELEASE a player one moment and then the next moment say we need MORE DEPTH. We either need more depth or we don't.

Before you say we should release a player to save money maybe you should look and see what that might cost. We would have a dead cap hit of almost 17 MILLION. It would actually cost us 6m more to cut him than keep him, and we would have to pay to replace him. He may not be a top tier LT, but he is no bum either. LT's don't grow on trees. It is one of the hardest positions to fill in the NFL.

UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH. Reading crap like this makes my brain hurt right between my eyes. I think this dudes little sister snuck on his computer and posted this thread. Samuels is solid......wait, why am I even bothering???? :doh:

Thats exactly how i feel, i couldnt even begin to respond to him. He really should pick another team to be a fan of.

:ciao:

Archived