Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How soon will this thread be closed?

Cdowwe

You're right, you still don't see the point. Not even close.

What part of "a few posters having the SAME debate over and over and over, with the only difference the particular insults being exchanged on a given day" don't you understand?

I'm not trying to be combative here, but honestly, it feels like I'm saying "hey, how's it going?" to you here, and you're responding, "hand me that piano."

You're right, you still don't see the point. Not even close.

What part of "a few posters having the SAME debate over and over and over, with the only difference the particular insults being exchanged on a given day" don't you understand?

I'm not trying to be combative here, but honestly, it feels like I'm saying "hey, how's it going?" to you here, and you're responding, "hand me that piano."

I am not the town spokesperson for the "few posters who have the same debate over and over and exchange insults". But I am speaking on behalf of those that do spend time on this site doing something. It is as if that something in some peoples eyes is redundant, and therefor not worthwhile. But I could be wrong.

And no I am not trying to be combative but think about this. Other than current events (politics, economics, news headlines) what topic has NOT been covered on this site? The search function is my friend. But my friend does not interact. So suppose if in six months I wanted to bounce some ideas off extreme about Facism I should search for the topics and read, read, read?

But maybe I don't want to read, I want to talk. (or type) In my walk of life their are few that would give this type of debate and conversation the time of day. Yet on this site their are many who have my views and opposing views who will and do so immediately. And THAT is why I participate.

It remains interesting.

And yes I would agree, it does seem as if "you are saying hi" and I "am talking about pianos".

I know exactly what you are talking about zoony--and it's something that you posted in your congratulations note when I became a Moderator.

I certainly have become less of a presence in the Tailgate because there aren't a lot of occasions for discussion lately. It's been a lot more like walking into combat and trying to lob a grenade at someone else before they blow you up.

There's no shortage of good topics out there--and novel points as they relate to current events and even politics are interesting. But we all know that rereading the party line on either (or any) side isn't remotely interesting for anyone other than those who follow the dogma. At best, the mantra appeals to our sense of knowing what a representative from a side has to say, at worst, it's angry, inflamatory nonsense that serves no purpose other than fulfilling an agenda.

If people treated debate on this Board as they would treat people that they'd meet in person, then things would go far better. In addition, if people could try not to take everything so personally--which, admittedly, is difficult--and also ignore those who are too firmly entrenched, it would also benefit this Forum.

We can bring Tailgate back--we just have to have the collective will and desire to do it, which I think many of us have.

To answer the broader question, we're around less in Tailgate as posters not because 'we're too busy', or because of the growth of the membership, but because its simply not what it used to be. The hallmark of that forum USED to be humor, clever satire, creativity, silliness, of which we tried at least, to be a part. Its been overrun by nasty non-stop tone-deaf political diatribe. Its gotten old. You're hard pressed to enter a Tailgate thread and not run smack into a discussion thats gotten out of hand. And usually by the same 10-15 guys. Over and over again. Some of them have even been given months off from that forum. They promise to do better, we let them back in, and before long, its the same as it ever was. Some have even taken to arguing with us when we call them on their behavior.

I think we can do without those 10-15 guys, whichever side of the aisle they are arguing endlessly from.

Well its not gonna get any better if you simply leave is it? :wtf:

I hate all the political and religious discussion in the tailgate and have proposed a political forum several times to move the crap out to the backyard where it belongs. It worked with baseball? :jk:

I would like to see politics allowed in the tailgate like it is in the stadium. Its not. Same goes for religion as far as Im concerned.

:2cents:

If people treated debate on this Board as they would treat people that they'd meet in person, then things would go far better. .

thanks for the post... and I think you're spot on with those comments, especially this one. For me, it is the hard and fast rule of ES.

When I join a debate on here I always type as if I plan on meeting the person. Going to the tailgate every weekend during the season I have a met quite a few people from the online world. I only type things on here I would say to somebody if I was standing there talking to them.

I'd love to get into the origin of the universe debate at about 11:30 of a 1pm game after the bar has been open hour and a half. Bet I could acutally state with full confidence the answer. :)

When I join a debate on here I always type as if I plan on meeting the person. Going to the tailgate every weekend during the season I have a met quite a few people from the online world. I only type things on here I would say to somebody if I was standing there talking to them.

I'd love to get into the origin of the universe debate at about 11:30 of a 1pm game after the bar has been open hour and a half. Bet I could acutally state with full confidence the answer. :)

I think you'd fit right in with my friends and I. Some nights we just crank the stereo, crack the beer, and decide how the world works. None of it makes any sense by the next morning, of course.

Well its not gonna get any better if you simply leave is it? :wtf:

I hate all the political and religious discussion in the tailgate and have proposed a political forum several times to move the crap out to the backyard where it belongs. It worked with baseball? :jk:

I would like to see politics allowed in the tailgate like it is in the stadium. Its not. Same goes for religion as far as Im concerned.

:2cents:

Oh, I won't be the one leaving Kevin.

Archived