Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Same WR's as last year????????

HSW

Tell me this aint real!

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15306

"We'll take a long, hard look at everything," Gibbs said. "I'm excited about David being back and getting him healthy. We'll have a healthy James Thrash and we'll have Taylor [Jacobs]. Then we'll move forward and see what the best decision is that we can make in each one of those areas."

We need a solid #2....period. D.Patton can be our #3 guy, definitately

not #2, just do not want to risk our season on him hurting his knee again or not. James Trash can be #4 WR and Special Teams star. We need some

new blood in our WR corps.

Gibbs doesn't bash players on the roster. They are still on the roster so they are included when he talks about the current plans, that doesn't mean it will stay that way... just that's as things stand now.

I agree. I couldn't imagine that Gibbs doesn't see wr as a glaring need for the team. That being said it is not like Gibbs to just throw the receivers we have under the bus, even thought they may deserve it.

Let's hope so..... still, he is super loyal and may think that a healthy D. Patten can

fill in nicely as our #2 WR with some modifications to the system...kind of like

what he did with Brunnel this year...while that did work out for us this year

I would not want to see us in a situation where we are counting on his

knee to stay healthy to be competitive.

What hurt us was only carrying 4 Wides this year. Maybe a consequence of having 4 tbs. With significant injuries to Patten and Thrash we got in trouble.

Patten is fine as the #2, its Taylor that hurts us. He's such a non-factor on the field, he's not even a competent #3 or #4.

What we need is someone who can come in a contribute. Ideally a solid possesion #2 where we can put Patten at the slot, but we would be fine bringing in someone lower profile to take the slot position.

Patten is a fine #2, if he's healthy. Remember when he was complaining about not getting the ball? He had a point, he was getting seperation, but Brunell rarely looked his way. It didn't help that he dropped a few catches at that time, but he was still getting good seperation.

Guest GibbSkins11
Tell me this aint real!

"We'll take a long, hard look at everything," Gibbs said. "I'm excited about David being back and getting him healthy. We'll have a healthy James Thrash and we'll have Taylor [Jacobs]. Then we'll move forward and see what the best decision is that we can make in each one of those areas."

We need a solid #2....period. D.Patton can be our #3 guy, definitately

not #2, just do not want to risk our season on him hurting his knee again or not. James Trash can be #4 WR and Special Teams star. We need some

new blood in our WR corps.

the skins will get a 2nd wr, gibbs is just backing the players who are currently on his roster but he will make an upgrade,plus remember when he had good things to say about ramsey and then we brought brunell in , its the same thing,he isnt gonna disrespect his players on his roster to the media , gibbs is not TO:laugh:

the skins will get a 2nd wr, gibbs is just backing the players who are currently on his roster but he will make an upgrade,plus remember when he had good things to say about ramsey and then we brought brunell in , its the same thing,he isnt gonna disrespect his players on his roster to the media , gibbs is not TO:laugh:

Gibbs would be dumb to come out and bash the guys he has at the moment....he may very well be stuck with them if we cant afford to make moves. He can always say what areas of intrest the team would like to improve upon. theres no way we start the seasson with the same WR core. he would also be the dumbest coach in history to try this.......Gibbs if far from dumb. we just have to wait until FA signing and Draft are over...

I honestly feel that Patten was given the short end of the stick last season. I get the feeling that he pulled a Brunell-04, and was hurt most of the season, but never said anything. I also believe that Jacobs will step it up this season, because most anyone can tell you that almost all good WR's have bad to semi-decent rookie years.

Give them a chance, I'd bet they suprise everyone(but me =P ) next season.

I would not be surprised to see Moss and Patten as the starters again next year. Saunders never had receivers that good in KC.

I firmly believe that if Randy Thomas and Patten were playing against Seattle, the Skins would be in the Super Bowl. But what do I know.

Everyone seems to want either a new QB or WR, or both.

People that get payed to build contenders, usually look a little deeper.

I honestly feel that Patten was given the short end of the stick last season. I get the feeling that he pulled a Brunell-04, and was hurt most of the season, but never said anything. I also believe that Jacobs will step it up this season, because most anyone can tell you that almost all good WR's have bad to semi-decent rookie years.

I have to disagree.. he complained about getting the ball and when he got it, he dropped it.. He wasn't given the short end of the stick at all. He dropped the ball, literally.

Tell me this aint real!

Is nobody else reading this the same way I am?????

I also believe that Jacobs will step it up this season, because most anyone can tell you that almost all good WR's have bad to semi-decent rookie years.

Hate to break it to you but Taylor Jacobs hasnt been a rookie for, what, three or four years. If thats what your implying. Actually what are you implying?

You never know what will happen with the new offensive coordinator. I would typically be inclined to agree with everyone that we need a legitimate #2 receiver espcially after the playoffs, however you never know how things are going to pan out.

Maybe Patten will excel in the new system? I would say the same for Thrash and Jacobs but honestly I don't see it happening.

Agreed. We need a legitimate #2

Agreed, we need a legitimate quarterback as well. :)

I don't think Brunell will play nearly as well next year as he did this year.

FOCUS: In my blunt opinion, Taylor and James are boarderline awful and have zero roll for the success of our team next year. Also, I haven't been exposed to much of David's play, but he at least has the stature that I'm looking for in a wideout.

That being said, my heart is set on Reggie Wayne. Probably won't happen, but is sure is nice to dream. If we can't get Reggie, I wouldn't mind seeing Gardner back...as long as he's found some hands.

If they do keep the receiver corp the same...I would give my first born to have Calvin Johnson put on the burgundy and white:notworthy

Agreed, we need a legitimate quarterback as well. :)

I don't think Brunell will play nearly as well next year as he did this year.

FOCUS: In my blunt opinion, Taylor and James are boarderline awful and have zero roll for the success of our team next year. Also, I haven't been exposed to much of David's play, but he at least has the stature that I'm looking for in a wideout.

That being said, my heart is set on Reggie Wayne. Probably won't happen, but is sure is nice to dream. If we can't get Reggie, I wouldn't mind seeing Gardner back...as long as he's found some hands.

If they do keep the receiver corp the same...I would give my first born to have Calvin Johnson put on the burgundy and white:notworthy

Damn, I agreed with everyone until you got to Gardner. Thrash imo hasn't really gotten a great chance. I'd love to see him in the slot, the guy still catches everything thrown at him.

Hate to break it to you but Taylor Jacobs hasnt been a rookie for, what, three or four years. If thats what your implying. Actually what are you implying?

I think what he was saying is last year was Taylor's "real" rookie season because he was injured his first two years.. He was injured last year too a bit. Regardless he's proven he's not sure handed and can't stay healthy, he needs to go.

No, no, not at all. While I know he has been in the league for a few years now, I just feel that he is finally being implemented into the gameplan. I just don't know that Brunell trusted him enough this year to give him enough chances to get things going.

:notworthy

Receivers don't magically find hands. They either got em or they dont. Gardener does not have them. He sucks.

Archived