Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Same WR's as last year????????

HSW

First off our recieving core consists of WRs that were #1 or #2 on CHAMPIONSHIP teams. To say they cant cut it here is foolish. Frankly, our passing offense outside of Mr. Moss was just poor last year, as it has been. Maybe it wasnt the WRs fault.

Second, no good coach is going to bash his players and say they cant cut it, and they need to find someone to replace them. Thats for the media and the fans.

Third, you dont want to tell people who or what you are going after, tipping your hand is bad in business.

I think what he was saying is last year was Taylor's "real" rookie season because he was injured his first two years.. He was injured last year too a bit. Regardless he's proven he's not sure handed and can't stay healthy, he needs to go.

Gotcha. I agree.

No, no, not at all. While I know he has been in the league for a few years now, I just feel that he is finally being implemented into the gameplan. I just don't know that Brunell trusted him enough this year to give him enough chances to get things going.

I see. I'd be interested to know how many people are in your camp but I'd wager not many. Taylor has had his opportunities to step up and he hasn't taken them. I dont know if this organization want to invest anymore time/money in this guy.

I expect the Redskins to do what Joe Gibbs says they will do. This is: 1)Pay respect to the guys on the team now who have fought their guts out for you (but in reality wont cut it), 2) make football related decisions, 3) "move forward" in the areas that need the most help. I think when its all said and done one of these areas will be WR.

Gibbs is smart as hell. We are common fans, but it isn't to hard to understand that we don't need to tip off any other teams about our offseason plans, or make ourselves seem desperate so other teams can increase the asking price. Whatever Gibbs said, he was just being diplomatic. I hate to sound smug, but this is not very hard to get.

anyone who believes what a HC or GM says about the talent needs of his team as the offseason begins is just foolish.

the entree to free agency is like the draft, nobody is going to tip their hand and appear desperate.

I don't think there is a real chance of Taylor Jacobs being on the opening day roster for the Skins in 2006. The fact he was mentioned as being in the mix to me is just a red herring thrown out there for media consumption.

The fact is Patten caught 22 balls in 9 games and is 33 years old. At his height, he doesn't give the Redskins the taller receiver they need to complement Moss.

I agree he is fine as the #3 playing in the slot. He could actually put up good numbers a la Brandon Stokely playing the inside position.

Gibbs is smart as hell. We are common fans, but it isn't to hard to understand that we don't need to tip off any other teams about our offseason plans, or make ourselves seem desperate so other teams can increase the asking price. Whatever Gibbs said, he was just being diplomatic. I hate to sound smug, but this is not very hard to get.

I AGREE FULLY!! :)

We were 6th in the NFL in 3rd down conversion rate, and Brunell had a 65 percent completion rate in the red zone. We don't need a possession receiver.

Our problem is the same as it was in 2004. We still don't stretch the field and make teams pay for loading up to stop Portis. You don't do that with a super slow receiver like Joe Jurevicius.

We need a deep threat. Gibbs was looking for speed when he got Patten and Moss. Al Saunders had extremely fast guys as his top 3 receivers in KC.

This notion that we need a big guy or a possession guy for the #2 WR goes against everything we have been and will be trying to do here. Our #2 WR will be a speedster - not David Givens and especially not Joe Jurevicius.

David Givens and Joe Jurevicius put up roughly 700 yards in top offensive systems, and they are the perfect solution at #2 WR? Even if they do somehow match their production when they are put in a worse situation (which they probably won't), it still isn't even that great. We already have a guy like that. His name is David Patten. Signing a slower version of him won't help a thing.

It's hard to predict who they like out there to be the #2 WR. It might even be Patten (I doubt it, though). Whoever it is, he will be fast.

We were 6th in the NFL in 3rd down conversion rate, and Brunell had a 65 percent completion rate in the red zone. We don't need a possession receiver.

Our problem is the same as it was in 2004. We still don't stretch the field and make teams pay for loading up to stop Portis. You don't do that with a super slow receiver like Joe Jurevicius.

We need a deep threat. Gibbs was looking for speed when he got Patten and Moss. Al Saunders had extremely fast guys as his top 3 receivers in KC.

This notion that we need a big guy or a possession guy for the #2 WR goes against everything we have been and will be trying to do here. Our #2 WR will be a speedster - not David Givens and especially not Joe Jurevicius.

David Givens and Joe Jurevicius put up roughly 700 yards in top offensive systems, and they are the perfect solution at #2 WR? Even if they do somehow match their production when they are put in a worse situation (which they probably won't), it still isn't even that great. We already have a guy like that. His name is David Patten. Signing a slower version of him won't help a thing.

It's hard to predict who they like out there to be the #2 WR. It might even be Patten (I doubt it, though). Whoever it is, he will be fast.

:applause:

Damn MR happy just took the damn words out of my mouth and I couldn't put it any better myself .

I want to add in the clammor to get a new WR in here we might end up ditching the baby with the bathwater . IF we do get Wayne, pay over the odds and cripple our cap then what is to say he wont have the same production that Patten had last year everyone rembers what happend to Pearless Price. The Buffalo set up with him opposite Molds was ideal for him that gave him the break out year and he has struggled everywhere else . The WR we have now might be the ones who can fit the system best even with a little tweeking ... who knows

Won't it be interesting if Saunders sees a new way to utilize the same recievers we had last year and starts the season with patten at #2 and jacobs at #3. I can't wait to see everyone's threads of doom if that does happen. The fact is, we do not know or understand the evaluating process that is going through Al Saunders head when it comes to our recievers. For all we actually know, Jacobs could eventually beat out Patten for the #2 spot.

Tell me this aint real!

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15306

"We'll take a long, hard look at everything," Gibbs said. "I'm excited about David being back and getting him healthy. We'll have a healthy James Thrash and we'll have Taylor [Jacobs]. Then we'll move forward and see what the best decision is that we can make in each one of those areas."

We need a solid #2....period. D.Patton can be our #3 guy, definitately

not #2, just do not want to risk our season on him hurting his knee again or not. James Trash can be #4 WR and Special Teams star. We need some

new blood in our WR corps.

Remeber fellas that we also said or indirectly said that the coaching arrangement would not change and what happened?? There will be someone to come available and we will grab them. And in the case of Coach Gibbs, it will be the right choice WR. And the excuse will yet again be, " This is somone who became available that could help out team, we thought, so i talk to Dan and he was all for it so, we just thought this was a good way to make the redskins better so that's what we did".

I expect the Redskins to do what Joe Gibbs says they will do. This is: 1)Pay respect to the guys on the team now who have fought their guts out for you (but in reality wont cut it), 2) make football related decisions, 3) "move forward" in the areas that need the most help. I think when its all said and done one of these areas will be WR.

:applause:

Exactly. Gibbs will say all the right things about the WR's that played this year because he's an awesome man and a great coach, but I think he knows that those positions need to be upgraded. My opinion has been swayed a little.

Tell me this aint real!

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15306

"We'll take a long, hard look at everything," Gibbs said. "I'm excited about David being back and getting him healthy. We'll have a healthy James Thrash and we'll have Taylor [Jacobs]. Then we'll move forward and see what the best decision is that we can make in each one of those areas."

We need a solid #2....period. D.Patton can be our #3 guy, definitately

not #2, just do not want to risk our season on him hurting his knee again or not. James Trash can be #4 WR and Special Teams star. We need some

new blood in our WR corps.

I know. I was shaking my head when I heard hime saying that. David wasn't doing anything when Moss was drawing the coverage. I think he could be a monster at #3, but we do need a good #2. This is the time we can do something about it. Don't waste another year relying on this WR core and hoping they improve. Improve them now.

Archived