Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schlereth comments on Campbell

#1SkinsFan

Word on the WTEM's sportsreporters and G Michael's Redskins report was that the best looking QB in the 2005 camp was Campbell.

I understand the anxious fans wanting to move on with Campbell.

They see the Giants with their Franchise QB getting more experience and has shown flashes in year two of being a very good QB, we know that mcnabb is good and is still relatively young while the pokes and us have starting QBs that you can count their effective years remaining on one hand combined.

Once upon a time, Joe Gibbs was the only coach in the NFL who wanted Doug Williams, even as a backup. The only guy!

Doug Williams became the Super Bowl MVP.

Later, when Mark Rypien was stinking up the field, Joe Gibbs seemed to be the only guy who had faith in Mark Rypien - he also won a Super Bowl.

The moral of the story is: whenever "everyone but Joe Gibbs" thinks something is true, trust Joe Gibbs.

I love this! I was thinking the same thing but couldn't put it into words.:applause:

Yea exactly, whoever is more prepared to play will get the nod at the beginning of the season.

I'll third that sentiment. I mean, with our coaching staff...is there a chance in hell that this wouldn't happen? Why are we discussing this? My opinion is that we as Redskin fans are ready for our guy.

It's been many years since we've had, our Thiesman. We've had some good vets such as Johnson, Brunell, etc but those were transient qb's at best. Not corn-fed Redskin stock. Trent could have been... but we let him go, and that was a curse upon the franchise imo.

So then, the buzz over JC is all about the real deal. We want our very own Redskin gun-slinger, not another 1st round bust, or someone else's former gun-slinger. However, JC's time will start when Joe says it starts. When it starts, he'll be ready. This much I know is true.

While I'd love to see Jason Campbell come in and light the league on fire, I'll trust Gibbs, not Mark Schlereth, to judge when Campbell is ready to play. :)

Exactly. :cheers:

I'll fully support whoever Coach Gibbs ultimately decides to start the season, be it Brunell, Campbell, Ramsey, or some QB that isn't on the team yet.

Folks need to settle down about this. It's only January. Gibbs won't be making this decision for anoher EIGHT MONTHS, at least. :)

Let's see how Brunell looks during trainning camp...a couple years ago he looked awful and it showed...last year looked great and he led us to the playoffs...the key here: Patience.

Patience is tough when you look at the Calender and know that you won't be seeing any football worth a flip for another 8 months:cry:.

You're right tho, no decision can really be made until training camp. However, don't you agree towards the end of the season Brunell was getting a little eratic in his throws. Most were underthrown; it just seemed his age was starting to catch up to him from a long season. I think most Fans just want a kid in there that we know will still have the physical ability to take us all the way.

Patience is tough when you look at the Calender and know that you won't be seeing any football worth a flip for another 8 months:cry:.

Too true and looking at the Orioles right now (my favorite baseball team)...my one thought is, "How soon before football starts again?"

maybe he's saying that hasselback was able to do something that brunell could never do. carry a team on his back to victory.

exactly. When Alexander went out, the D stopped blitzing and went into coverage. Hasselbeck was still able to find the open guy, or make the play with his legs, or call out of the play to a running play. Brunell is good, I just don't see him doing that late in a season. Legs too sore, arm too wore out.

Just make it an open competition in training camp. If Campbell isn't ready yet, it'll show in July. If he is, I'd rather he take his lumps and get his in-game experience next season then waste another season with Brunell.

Brunell showed us the best he's got left this season, from here on out, his play is going to be the same or decline. We need more from the QB position to make it farther than the second round of the playoffs.

While I'd love to see Jason Campbell come in and light the league on fire, I'll trust Gibbs, not Mark Schlereth, to judge when Campbell is ready to play. :)

Well said.....

I would love to see Campbell come in and have the success like Palmer did in Cincy after sitting the bench his first year.....but is he ready? The unknown is always sexier than the known it seems.... :laugh:

Archived