Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will The Redskins Play On Thanksgiving?

visionary

People I know most of you don't want to believe this game is @ Dallas on Thanksgiving night on the NFL network. But on the NFL channel on Sirius radio, the update says that the first game ever on the NFL network will be Washington @ Dallas on Thanksgiving night. Case closed.

Farther down the same page is this quote:

NFL | NFL Network to broadcast games in 2006

Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:51:58 -0800

Richard Sandomir, of the New York Times, reports the NFL Network will broadcast eight prime-time Thursday and Saturday NFL games starting with the 2006 season. The schedule is made up of games that would have been on Saturdays late in the season on CBS or Fox, or on those networks' regional schedules, said the executive, who was granted anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the deal. The first game will be on the Thanksgiving night, between the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Redskins. All games will be simulcast on local broadcast stations in the markets of the teams playing. The eight-game package had been the subject of talks with ESPN and News Corporation, the parent of Fox Broadcasting, but at the end, the discussions were between Comcast and the NFL Network.

Translation: If you're not in DC or Dallas, then you'll have to subscribe to NFL network to see it.

You know that article from NFL.COM doesn't specifically say the @Dallas- Turkey Day game is going to cable.

USA Today- no mention of which game:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/foot...ork-games_x.htm

ESPN- no mention of which game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2309549

Consider it's the NYTimes- I consider that part of their story, bogus. There will now be a primetime Turkey day game but I see nothing saying that it will be the @Boys games. I can't honestly seeing Jerry Jones or Henry Clay Ford allowing their thanksgiving DAY games being taking off national TV and airing on the NFL network.

Whatever the 3rd game: primetime cable game will be- it will probably won't include Dallas or Detroit.

I read the same thing in the Dallas morning news, that yes, the cowboys, redskins game, would be thanksgiving night, on the NFL network. I guess the network has some 36 million viewers in their market.

Okay, this sucks ball sac...putting a Thanksgiving Day game on NFL Network?? WTF are they thinking?? This sucks HUGE ball sac for anyone not in the DC area. Worst idea ever.
rock i live in bumpass,va i am a skinz fan,the nfl is all about $$$$ now,if u dont have cable or satellite,ur pretty much screwed.

"NFL | More on NFL Network television package

Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:59:40 -0800

Barry Horn, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the NFL Network schedule next season will include five Thursday night games, Nov. 23 thru Dec. 21, and three Saturday night games, Dec. 16 thru Dec. 30. Gone from the NFL schedule will be Saturday doubleheaders on Fox and CBS on the final weekends of the regular season."

"Cowboys | Thanksgiving night game with Washington not set yet

Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:59:12 -0800

Barry Horn, of the Dallas Morning News, reports NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky said a New York Times report claiming that a Dallas Cowboys- Washington Redskins game at Texas Stadium has already been penciled in for the first Thanksgiving prime-time game may be premature. "The schedule isn't completed until April," Palansky said. "I've been assured no decisions have been made.""

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Hmmmmm....

For those of you that don't get the NFL network call your cable company. The NFL knows what they are doing. They know that the people will complain and that will force the cable companies to pick up the NFL network. Quite frankly I think this is the whole reason they are doing this. They reach about 40 million people now, and by putting games on the network it will get their exposure way up. Cable companies don't feel the pressure to get it when there are just shows about the NFL on. But now if there are actual games you will see many pick it up.

Barry Horn, of the Dallas Morning News, reports NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky said a New York Times report claiming that a Dallas Cowboys- Washington Redskins game at Texas Stadium has already been penciled in for the first Thanksgiving prime-time game may be premature. "The schedule isn't completed until April," Palansky said. "I've been assured no decisions have been made.""

Hmmmmm....

I knew it wasn't set on stone. What do you expect from a rag like the NY Times.

3 games on Thanksgiving maybe?

I've wondered why the NFL hasn't figured this out. I could easily see two network games (at 12:30 and 4:00) with an 8:00 primetime game on NFL Network. I'd like to see the NFL guarantee these stand-alone holiday games to cities that have no hope of getting a Super Bowl. I would also like to see the return of the regular season opener to Labor Day weekend. That Monday off really helps with the travel plans.

Hmmmmm....

I certainly hope it isn't on NFL Network... The best thing about the Redskins playing on Thanksgiving is that it's a nationally televised game, since I don't live in the local market. And even if I travel to see my family for Thanksgiving, I still won't be in the local market. This is getting ridiculous for fans who can't afford anything other than basic cable service...:mad:

Rich Eisen was a guest on WFAN-NY when I was at lunch...he basically confirmed, in a roundabout way, that the Skins-Cowboys will NOT be the night game. He said Detroit will always be the 12:30 game and Dallas will always be the 4:00 game. The prime time game they carry will be some other team(s)

Archived