Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will The Redskins Play On Thanksgiving?

visionary

This could suck for those of us who don't live in the area and want to watch the games in HD. Hopefully Directv will provide the HD feeds to these NFL netowrk games. They are very inconsistent about providing the rest of NFL Network's HD programming.

I hope to God this is true.

Every year my family pusses out and gets talked into going to someones house who doesn't like football or anything. We sit around, yap, miss the games.

All I've ever wanted for thanksgiving is to have a day where I can just wake up, roll out of bed, not shower, flop in front of the TV eat thanksgiving dinner and never have to leave the house.

Someone will have to bludgeon me with a baseball bat to get me out of the house Thanksgiving 2006. There's no way I'm missing this game. If it means ordering domino's and inhaling a pepperoni pizza and a 6 pack of beer by myself while everyone is out eating turkey, so be it.

You almost brought tears to my eyes my friend. You and I have to go through identical situations each year. What makes mine even worse, is the fact that the peoples house that I end up going to usually have a horrible cook.

Well, not this year. Everyone in both my family and my wifes know that I am a monster Redskins fan and if the Skins are playing on Thanksgiving, then dinner is at flexx's house and we will be watching football.

I don't think the NFL network has rights, Fox still has the contract for NFC games. Also, why didn't the Post report this? we will know for sure in April, when the schedule comes out. We are 0-7 against Dallas on Thanksgiving, I think we will break the streak this year

i dont think this is right because why would the NFL play one of the best and most anticipated games of the year on NFL network. Their ratings would go way down.

Their ratings would not go down. The ratings would be high based on the target audience who actually get the NFL Network. What would go down is the percentage of viewers who could watch the game as the NFL Network is still not available on "standard cable" or antena TV (at least in my neck of the woods). This is why the game will also be broadcast by one of the Broadcast Giants...like Fox or CBS.

I love this. Here it is January 28th and we're all worried about the Thanksgiving game already. :laugh:

Joe Gibbs has completely restored Redskins nation. The man means so much to us fans. Too bad the cowturd fans can't experience the type of love we have for our coach. They have Mr. Rent-a-Coach himself.

:dallasuck

From the NY Times article:

The schedule is made up of games that would have been on Saturdays late in the season on CBS or Fox, or on those networks' regional schedules, said the executive, who was granted anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the deal. The first game will be on the Thanksgiving night, between the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Redskins. All games will be simulcast on local broadcast stations in the markets of the teams playing.

This is kind of like how the ESPN games the Redskins have played were always simulcast on UPN 20 here in DC.

Only NFL Network will be doing it instead of ESPN.

So you better have NFL Network or live in the Dallas or DC areas or you won't see the Thanksgiving game.

Archived