Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will The Redskins Play On Thanksgiving?

visionary

"Redskins | Team to play on Thanksgiving in 2006

Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:11:10 -0800"

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Against the Cowboys.

"Richard Sandomir, of the New York Times, reports the Washington Redskins will play the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving evening, 2006. The NFL Network will broadcast the game."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(UH OH)

UPDATE! 1-28-06 11:53

"NFL | More on NFL Network television package

Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:59:40 -0800

Barry Horn, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the NFL Network schedule next season will include five Thursday night games, Nov. 23 thru Dec. 21, and three Saturday night games, Dec. 16 thru Dec. 30. Gone from the NFL schedule will be Saturday doubleheaders on Fox and CBS on the final weekends of the regular season."

"Cowboys | Thanksgiving night game with Washington not set yet

Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:59:12 -0800

Barry Horn, of the Dallas Morning News, reports NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky said a New York Times report claiming that a Dallas Cowboys- Washington Redskins game at Texas Stadium has already been penciled in for the first Thanksgiving prime-time game may be premature. "The schedule isn't completed until April," Palansky said. "I've been assured no decisions have been made.""

I hope to God this is true.

Every year my family pusses out and gets talked into going to someones house who doesn't like football or anything. We sit around, yap, miss the games.

All I've ever wanted for thanksgiving is to have a day where I can just wake up, roll out of bed, not shower, flop in front of the TV eat thanksgiving dinner and never have to leave the house.

Someone will have to bludgeon me with a baseball bat to get me out of the house Thanksgiving 2006. There's no way I'm missing this game. If it means ordering domino's and inhaling a pepperoni pizza and a 6 pack of beer by myself while everyone is out eating turkey, so be it.

Farther down the same page is this quote:

NFL | NFL Network to broadcast games in 2006

Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:51:58 -0800

Richard Sandomir, of the New York Times, reports the NFL Network will broadcast eight prime-time Thursday and Saturday NFL games starting with the 2006 season. The schedule is made up of games that would have been on Saturdays late in the season on CBS or Fox, or on those networks' regional schedules, said the executive, who was granted anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the deal. The first game will be on the Thanksgiving night, between the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Redskins. All games will be simulcast on local broadcast stations in the markets of the teams playing. The eight-game package had been the subject of talks with ESPN and News Corporation, the parent of Fox Broadcasting, but at the end, the discussions were between Comcast and the NFL Network.

We have never beaten the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, hopefully we can make it a first in 06!

:fingersx:

How fitting it will be for the Redskins to once again carve the turkey.

And let me be the first to point out that no one wants tuna for Thanksgiving.

where is the game being played?????

In Dallas.

The Cowboys always play in Dallas on Thanksgiving.

So that means that either our HOME game against Dallas is the first meeting of the two teams this coming season, or we play the Cowboys at Fed Ex Field very, VERY late in the season. :)

I hope to God this is true.

Every year my family pusses out and gets talked into going to someones house who doesn't like football or anything. We sit around, yap, miss the games.

All I've ever wanted for thanksgiving is to have a day where I can just wake up, roll out of bed, not shower, flop in front of the TV eat thanksgiving dinner and never have to leave the house.

Someone will have to bludgeon me with a baseball bat to get me out of the house Thanksgiving 2006. There's no way I'm missing this game. If it means ordering domino's and inhaling a pepperoni pizza and a 6 pack of beer by myself while everyone is out eating turkey, so be it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I hear ya. Same deal here. I've gotten to the point where I almost hate the day. Forget the food, gimme 6+ hrs. of football. Esp w/the Skins on, now that's something to be thankful for!!:laugh:

Archived