Extremeskins

Why Jason Campbell should start....

skull1669

***The cure: 56, 60, 89, 53, 26, 24, 96, 21, 47, 19***

***Looking good: 76, 95, 61, 45****

***Hit&Miss: 8, 11, 98, 22***

***Don't know: 17***

***Wondering: 84, 88, 66, 93, 97, 10, 27, 25, 80***

***The disease: 4, 82, R.Gardner - gone & told you so!.

DR. TOUGH LOVE...-WHY IS CARLOS ROGERS ON THE HIT AND MISS?!?!?

Why Campbell shouldnt start, simple:

He has never played in an NFL game in his life(preseason doesnt count).

Only 3 qbs in NFL history have ever thrown more TDs than INTs in their first season(Ramsey included). Its better for 2nd year QBs who just sat and watched their first year, but not much better.

Why Campbell shouldnt start, simple:

He has never played in an NFL game in his life(preseason doesnt count).

Only 3 qbs in NFL history have ever thrown more TDs than INTs in their first season(Ramsey included). Its better for 2nd year QBs who just sat and watched their first year, but not much better.

HA, by that reasoning he never will.

Those of you who think that Jason Campbell should start have no way of knowing how far along he is in his development. Unless you are on the Redskins coaching staff, there is no way for you to have enough information to form a valid opinion on whether or not he should start. Any opinion you may have on this topic is based on pure speculation on your part.

:sucks:

Those of you who think that Jason Campbell should start know absolutely nothing about how far along he is in development. I'm not saying you are stupid; I'm simply saying that there is no way for you to have enough information to form a valid opinion on whether or not he should start. Any opinion you may have on this topic is based on pure speculation on your part. Therefore, your opinion on this topic, like this thread itself, is not worthy of discussion on a board of the quality of this one. The quality of this board is going to suffer if we continue to indulge our football fantasies.

:sucks: - out loud!

Geez -- tough crowd! I like this kind of thread -- besides, those who do have "football fantasies" are usually tempered by the more knowledgeble folks on the board. Moreover, perhaps some of those who think that he should start simply want him to get the valuable experience -- they may not expect him to come out blazin' in his first year on the field. You gotta start somewhere (sometime)...

I will admit, though, that this topic seems to have been addressed a bunch of times in a bunch of other threads...

Geez -- tough crowd! I like this kind of thread -- besides, those who do have "football fantasies" are usually tempered by the more knowledgeble folks on the board. Moreover, perhaps some of those who think that he should start simply want him to get the valuable experience -- they may not expect him to come out blazin' in his first year on the field. You gotta start somewhere (sometime)...

I will admit, though, that this topic seems to have been addressed a bunch of times in a bunch of other threads...

Sorry, I got a little carried away with that post, so I edited it. The problem with his "getting valuable experience" is that we went to the second round of the playoffs this year and we need to build on that. I'm not interested in JC getting some OJT if he's not our best option at QB - not when we may have a shot at the Super Bowl.

actually, he isnt the most of mobile quarterbacks in the league. Hes probably around a bryan leftwhich.

however, I will allow him to start because of his arm strength and accuracy :-)

Accuracy is actually one of Jasons downfalls. You guys have to remember one thing. He only had one good season in college. He is by no means proven. However, I wouldnt mind seeing him play for no other reason than to get his growing pains over with. He's going to go through them, just like 99.99999999% of all other quarterbacks. I still think its obvious that if we want to win a super bowl in 2006 our chances are far greater with Brunell, or even Patrick for that matter. We shall see what happens!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is Campbell mobile? Or are we just assuming that because...well...you know.

I actually thought Brunell had great mobility this year until his health started to deteriorate.

Granted, he's old and his health is going to deteriorate every year. But in September, he will probably be the most mobile of the QBs. And he certainly has better pocket presence than Campbell, I would assume.

I think Campbell should start simply because it is stupid to bench a #1 pick for two years unless you have an All Pro in his prime at QB.

Is Campbell mobile? Or are we just assuming that because...well...you know.

I actually thought Brunell had great mobility this year until his health started to deteriorate.

Granted' date=' he's old and his health is going to deteriorate every year. But in September, he will probably be the most mobile of the QBs. And he certainly has better pocket presence than Campbell, I would assume.

I think Campbell should start simply because it is stupid to bench a #1 pick for two years unless you have an All Pro in his prime at QB.[/quote']

Campbell is VERY mobile. He runs a 4.6 40... Also, he was recruited by Cliff Ellis to play the 3 on the Auburn basketball team...

Gibbs For Life!!!

Geez...

Look, guys. I've been seeing that a lot of yall have a lot of confidence in J. Campbell being great from the beginning. No QB is going to start off completely accoustomed. Roethlisberger did pretty good, but he had a lot to work with while not throwing the ball that much. All I'm saying is when Campbell is settling himself to the speed of the NFL, don't be shocked and appalled if he makes some mistakes. I expect him to be better than abysmal because he got to study for a year, though.

Gibbs has done a great job drafting so far. If Sean would stop the ****, I'd say he's been terrific in his time back with us. I hope Jason follows that trend.

Guess I'll give my opinion of Campbell, while I'm here...

The thing that worries me the most is that he has a lot of question marks.

- Is he smart enough? He had a low Wonderlic score on his first time. He was known for making stupid decisions in his first 3 years, though I admit that I didn't see a lot of him.

- He only had one good year in college. In retrospect, he had a whole lot of weapons, and everybody had their eyes on the RBs. Before 2004, he was going to be undrafted.

- Is he mobile? He's apparently fast, but in what I've seen in him (limited), I don't think I remember him being that impressive.

- Was he a product of a system? He stunk under 3 coordinators, then did extremely well under his last.

But I'll just put my trust in Gibbs.

If Campbell can beat out Brunell & Ramsey, fine. Otherwise no one should start just because. Open compitition is the answer.

Yep! Way to soon to tell. Comparisons to other QB's that start in the NFL regarding ANYTHING is premature. :doh: He should be fine but...time will tell.

I think Marino or Collinsworth on HBO said something along the lines that mobile Qb's just cant seem to win the big games. That it is the traditional pocket passers who will get you there and win. I think Campbell has that potential. should he start? I'm torn.

Well let's see what they know..HMM. Stauback was called Rodger the Dodger for his ability to scamble........Joe Montana was called the best passer on the move in the NFL when I was in college.... Steve Young was a pretty good scrambler...and oh yeah, John Elway was not shy about breaking the pocket and running or moving to but more time.......and THEY ARE ALL SB WINNERS AND HALL OF FAMERS!!! :doh:

• 1 month later...
No, mobile like Duante Culpepper/McNabb... He has McNabb/Rothlesberger/Alex Smith Speed... But has the body of a small forward... Lets not forget people... The KID has an arm... Start J-Cam, and watch the productivity...

Gibbs For Life!!!

I totally agree. .....

Its always the same people who think they know football, and will debate you over Patrick Ramsey that talk about dont start campbell.....

In my opinion Ramsey sucks ! (see Heath Shuler) and Brunell is burnt out and can still contribute in small doses.

CAMPBELL MUST START .... the kid is phenomenal.

Archived