Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Redskins season buy or sell

LiveStrongSkins

Sell, 1500-1600 again

Buy or Sell a rookie pass rushing DE that'll make a significant impact in '06?

Sell

We NEVER draft a DE and I doubt this year will be any different.

Buy or sell: We will have a legit #2 possession WR on the roster in 2006 who will help make our offense complete (ie. not a bust).

Depends on what you mean by significant. I'll sell, thinking we draft more of a project type DE (I hope Im wrong though)

EDIT: But I'll buy us getting a second WR. I think the orginization knows that is our biggest need.

Buy or Sell, Campbell starting at any point in the regular season.

I'm going to SELL and not because of Clinton Portis but because of Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs never makes the same mistake twice, that is part of what makes him so great. He realizes now that Portis can't take 350 carries and last a whole season. With Nemo most likely taking over short yardage plays next season and a steady mix of a change of pace back, Portis will probably get around 280-300 carries. About what he was getting in Denver. He would have to average over 5.5 yards a carry to get to 1700. Look for Portis to continue his 1500-1600 yard pattern.

Now for the BUY.

With the addition of Al Saunders and a more viable passing game in 06, teams are going to be forced to take a safety out of the box. This will allow Clinton Portis to get into the secondary where he can make people miss. He will suppliment his lower number of carries with a higher total of 20+ yard runs. This will give him a higher APC and he will be sniffing the 1700 yard mark.

Buy or Sell: Sean Taylor as DPOY next season.

Sell, 1500-1600 again

Buy or Sell a rookie pass rushing DE that'll make a significant impact in '06?

Sell - Gregg Williams likes his vets on D-line and it takes awhile to get acclimated to this system. Then there's the draft, to which all of the good rookies will be gone before we get to pick....maybe. There's more of a premium on vets with this staff it seems.

Buy or sell- Campbell starting over Brunell next season. I know it's a tiring subject but I had to ask it anyways. :)

Well....since I posted the same idea as three other posters at the same time, I'm changing my buy or sell.

Buy or sell- Nehemiah Broughton having a much bigger role in the running game with the team next year.

Sell

We NEVER draft a DE and I doubt this year will be any different.

Buy or sell: We will have a legit #2 possession WR on the roster in 2006 who will help make our offense complete (ie. not a bust).

Buy -- it really isn't that hard to pick up a solid role player/chain mover in FA. Look at Jurevicious this yr....

Plus, Saunders system is known for taking guys no one else wants and getting them to produce (i.e. Sammi Parker, Marc Borichter, eddie Kennison, etc...)

Buy or Sell: Redskins defense starts 3 players on the pro bowl next year.

Depends on what you mean by significant. I'll sell, thinking we draft more of a project type DE (I hope Im wrong though)

EDIT: But I'll buy us getting a second WR. I think the orginization knows that is our biggest need.

Buy or Sell, Campbell starting at any point in the regular season.

I'm buying -- I think he takes the job during preseason

You know the game. Someone buys or sells my question then proposes his own.

Buy or sell: Clinton Portis rushing for over 1700 yards

Buy, the offense will have better blocking schemes and quicker developing running plays. Portis is a better back when using those...I say 1700 yards within the next two seasons...

Buy or Sell: Redskins add another capable WR and the offense flourishes under Al Saunders...

Buy or Sell: Sean Taylor as DPOY next season.

Buy.

TWo seasons ago, Ed Reed had a bunch of touchdowns and interceptions. Just as the Skins were getting into the playoffs, ST started making some great plays. I believe that when it comes to big plays and defensive touchdowns, when it rains, it pours. Now that ST knows that he can score, he'll start to do it a lot more. In other words, now he is experienced. He's the best athlete in the NFL and he seems to have picked up that veteran knack fo making plays.

Buy or Sell: Santana Moss wins the receiving yardage title in 2006-2007

You know the game. Someone buys or sells my question then proposes his own.

Buy or sell: Clinton Portis rushing for over 1700 yards

BUY

I can see that man. Clinton is going to have monster year. Opposing D's are going to be off balance by Al's playcalling and Clinton, who we all know can bang it up the middle or break it outside is going to benefit in a big way ... he is a great combo of a bruiser type back and swift bounce it outside back ..

Sell. Santana's stats will actually go down a little next year as he will have a viable receiving threat across from him, along with Patten in the slot. However, our offense as a whole will improve.

Buy or sell the Skins sweeping the Eagles next year.

Buy.

TWo seasons ago, Ed Reed had a bunch of touchdowns and interceptions. Just as the Skins were getting into the playoffs, ST started making some great plays. I believe that when it comes to big plays and defensive touchdowns, when it rains, it pours. Now that ST knows that he can score, he'll start to do it a lot more. In other words, now he is experienced. He's the best athlete in the NFL and he seems to have picked up that veteran knack fo making plays.

sell, some other receiver will step up on their team, and will be the only guy to have the ball thrown his direction. also, moss will have less balls thrown at him with another #2 receiver. additionally, campbell isn't brunell, where he doesn't look at just 1 receiver and 1 hback.

my buy or sell - ST stays out of jail.

BUY - From what I have heard, he has good lawyers and the witnesses don't have a strong case? (I hope :rolleyes: )

------------------

buy or sell; Chris Cooley and Sean Taylor will get the respect they deserve in 2007, and go to the pro-bowl.

buy or sell; Chris Cooley and Sean Taylor will get the respect they deserve in 2007, and go to the pro-bowl.

Buy -- Cooley will get even bigger stats next year with Saunders at the helm. I believe he'll get used like Gonzo in KC. As far as ST, I'll buy that one as well...because eventually he'll go to the probowl, hopefully next year! :)

---------------

Buy or sell: Santana Moss will get 1700+ yards receiving and 15+ TDs.

Buy -- Cooley will get even bigger stats next year with Saunders at the helm. I believe he'll get used like Gonzo in KC. As far as ST, I'll buy that one as well...because eventually he'll go to the probowl, hopefully next year! :)

---------------

Buy or sell: Santana Moss will get 1700+ yards receiving and 15+ TDs.

Sell, though Santana will have a Pro bowl year with 1600 yards and 13 TDs. Steve Smith had under 1600 yards this year and 12 TDs and he was "unstoppable."

Buy or Sell: Gibbs finishes out his five year contract.

Buy or Sell: Gibbs finishes out his five year contract.

Buy, he has already said on many occasions that he will abide by his contract.

-----------

Buy or Sell, Al Saunders will compete for the head coaching job with williams when Gibbs leaves.

Buy, he has already said on many occasions that he will abide by his contract.

-----------

Buy or Sell, Al Saunders will compete for the head coaching job with williams when Gibbs leaves.

Sell, I doubt they are both still on the staff when Joe steps down.

Buy or Sell: Skins host a Divisional Round Playoff game in 06-07.

Archived