Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush administration: Bracing for Impeachment Hearings?

luckydevil

http://www.insightmag.com/Media/MediaManager/impeachment.htm

The The Bush administration is bracing for impeachment hearings in Congress.

"A coalition in Congress is being formed to support impeachment," an administration source said.

Sources said a prelude to the impeachment process could begin with hearings by the Senate Judiciary Committee in February. They said the hearings would focus on the secret electronic surveillance program and whether Mr. Bush violated the 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

read the rest by clicking on the link

Yeah, cause that's so much more important thatn other stuff that is going on in the world:rolleyes:

like someone in a blue dress wearing knee pads :rolleyes:

Interesting that Specter is a critic and see's this as a possibility

"Mr. Specter, a critic of the administration’s surveillance program, stressed that, although he would not seek it, impeachment is a possible outcome."

It's going happen sooner or later, as this administration does what it pleases.

Oh, I could see an impeachment happening.

It won't be a real one. The GOP won't allow it.

But I could see a sham one, similar to the "witndraw all of our troops today, abandoning all equipment so we can run faster" resolution. A Congressional debate with a foregone result and a sham motive, for the purpose of rallying the fanatical base and generating false "votes" that can be usen in the next round of "issue ads".

Yeah, cause that's so much more important thatn other stuff that is going on in the world:rolleyes:

I believe this would be the most hypocritical statement I ever heard.

BLOWJOBS IN THE WHITE HOUSE, of course, are much more important than other stuff that is going on in the world.

DID YOU SUPPORT IMEACHMENT OF CLINTON????????????

YES or NO?

If YES, then sit down and wait for the Congress to find out whether the President broke the law.

Un-freakin-believable.

I know this is a difficult subject for the Dems/Left to comprehend, so we will need to once again explain it in simple terms.

Clinton was not impeached for receiving a blowjob.

Clinton was impeached for lying under oath to a federal prosecuter.

As far as this attempt to impeach Bush. Go for it. The rules allow for it, so knock yourselves out.

I know this is a difficult subject for the Dems/Left to comprehend, so we will need to once again explain it in simple terms.

Clinton was not impeached for receiving a blowjob.

Clinton was impeached for lying under oath to a federal prosecuter.

As far as this attempt to impeach Bush. Go for it. The rules allow for it, so knock yourselves out.

Kilmer, I know what happened with Clinton. Yes, both Clinton and Bush impeachment will be about the Presiden breaking the Law.

Breaking the law by lying under oath, breaking the law by spying on US citizens. Just don't tell me there is more important stuff happening in the world, that would be the definition of hypocrisy.

As I said, I say go for it. I dont think it will happen, but if the Dems cant see the mistake they'd be making, let them build there own gallows.

One of the forgotten subtexts of the Clinton impeachment is that the GOP took a hit afterward. Americans dont like to see their leader beaten up.

As I said, I say go for it. I dont think it will happen, but if the Dems cant see the mistake they'd be making, let them build there own gallows.

One of the forgotten subtexts of the Clinton impeachment is that the GOP took a hit afterward. Americans dont like to see their leader beaten up.

I guess this is a risk Dems are willing to take... I think they have a feeling similar to "WMD slam-dunk." I share their sentiment in that regard. We will see how deep the rabbit hole goes. And if everything Bush did was indeed legal, well, wouldn't that be a pleasant surprise! Fun times :cheers:

One of the reasons that the GOP took a big hit afterwards was because public perception was that that case was frivolous.

In both cases, you really can't seperate the two.

Clinton was impeached because he lied under oath. (partial truth)

Clinton was impeached because he lied under oath about an affair. Context matters.

Bush is under scrutiny because he spied on Americans without warrant. (partial truth)

Bush is under scrutiny because he spied on Americans without warrant in an effort to keep America safer. Context matters.

There is no question however which issue is more important to Americans safety, liberty, and security. The Bush question is whether he knowingly circumvented or broke the law to violate Americans privacy. The Clinton question was whether he should have lied about an affair under oath.

I dont deny that burgold, but the Dems would take a hit because the majority of Americans still place Security at the top of their lists.

I am secretly hoping that these impeachment hearings will make America realize that THE VERY FOUNDATION OF THIS COUNTRY should be at the top of their lists.

Foundation of America, not personal security. "What have I done" type realization. One can dream, can he? :laugh:

There's a really important debate going on under the surface in our nation right now. I think we are at a crucial step in our development. The debate is really about freedom versus security. You see it in so many aspects of the political mind. From the utterly stupid, disagreeing with the President is treasonous heresy, to the gray issues like collecting data on protestors (which seems reasonable to me, but certainly can be questioned) to the borderline or outright illegal. I think the choices we will make in these next few years and the compromises will have a huge impact on everything from education (censorship, control of acceptable books), to communication, assembly, to motility, and almost everything. I think that debate is important enough to metaphorically bloody the waters. I think our rights and liberties are more important than political maneauvering.

There's a really important debate going on under the surface in our nation right now. I think we are at a crucial step in our development. The debate is really about freedom versus security. You see it in so many aspects of the political mind. From the utterly stupid, disagreeing with the President is treasonous heresy, to the gray issues like collecting data on protestors (which seems reasonable to me, but certainly can be questioned) to the borderline or outright illegal. I think the choices we will make in these next few years and the compromises will have a huge impact on everything from education (censorship, control of acceptable books), to communication, assembly, to motility, and almost everything. I think that debate is important enough to metaphorically bloody the waters. I think our rights and liberties are more important than political maneauvering.

:applause:

Wasn't it Bush who said that to the Iraqi insurgents? I thought Kerry was echoing Bush and it seemed unfortunately to have the same negative impact in both cases. After Bush said it, there was a large increase in American casualties. After Kerry said it galvanized the Bush movement.

Actually, that's not true.

What actually happened was that the GOP took a hit because of four years of "investigation" who's only "product" was a blowjob (and four years os sound bites for the evening news).

When the votesr got tired of The Neverending Smear, then the GOP suddenly decided that the investigation was good enough.

The impeachment was done because the GOP knew that if the ended the investigation without one, they'd look bad. So they had to go through the futile motions so that they could claim thah The Neverending Smear had a non-political purpose.

Actually, that's not true.

What actually happened was that the GOP took a hit because of four years of "investigation" who's only "product" was a blowjob (and four years os sound bites for the evening news).

When the votesr got tired of The Neverending Smear, then the GOP suddenly decided that the investigation was good enough.

The impeachment was done because the GOP knew that if the ended the investigation without one, they'd look bad. So they had to go through the futile motions so that they could claim thah The Neverending Smear had a non-political purpose.

Well that's one way to spin it.

In any case, the same result will apply to the Dems if they try to impeach Bush. Voters are already tired of the neverending attack Bush mode of the Dems.

Honestly guys, without sex, and cigars, do Americans really care?

We do, because most of us follow this stuff and know the rules

But does your average American honestly care, without the "sex appeal"

If the President broke the law, I don't see why Dems are not doing it. I would hope as a loyal opposition they would

No... voters who only vote for the GOP are tired of the neverending attack on Bush.

Swing voters, the people that are willing to vote for either party, would like to know the truth.

I disagree Code. Are you speaking from a personal standpoint? Or have you seen numbers?

I am speaking specifically on my own opinion, based on the results of the Clinton impeachment. When CLEARLY, the swing voters were turned off by the GOP's constant attack on Clinton.

I disagree Code. Are you speaking from a personal standpoint? Or have you seen numbers?

I am speaking specifically on my own opinion, based on the results of the Clinton impeachment. When CLEARLY, the swing voters were turned off by the GOP's constant attack on Clinton.

I'm speaking from a personal standpoint. I have and will vote GOP if appropriate. I don't have a bias. However, Bush is and has been a horrible president. If it were possible to remove him, that would be wonderful. I don't think it will happen, but I don't see people hating the dems for bringing out the dirt on Bush.

In this day and time, it's going to happen with everyone.

The swing voters, IMO, were turned off on the constant attacks on Clinton because of the context of what he was being attacked on.

IMO, most of the swing voters are more than likely people who have conservative and liberal ideals, probably social liberals and fiscal conservatives. What Clinton was guilty of was something that many people could have easily found themselves caught up in and in the grand scheme of things, really doesn't affect the nation. What Bush is caught up in does affect us and IMO, in a very negative way. We are starting to look like the former Soviet Union, or atleast headed in that direction.

Sex scandal, not as big a deal as spying on US citizens.

Archived