Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Family Dilema - Involves the skins!

bricucci

Need everyone's advice. My wife is a big Steelers fan (she is born and raised in the Burgh, so I can't fault her, been trying to convert her she now roots for the skins secondary). Here is my double dilemna.

1. She wants to go to the Superbowl. Its a big fight because I refuse to go. My first superbowl trip will be when the Skins go, she wants to go this year. Its becoming a rather big fight. What should I do?

2. She wants my son to sport both steeler and redskin gear. This drives me nuts. My son has already "accidentally lost a steeler shirt, hat and gloves. He does own 3 skins jerseys (3 for his age, he gets a new one yearly) she just doesn't understand why it bothers me so much, we live outside Dc and Dad is the diehard football fan. She watches games but doesn't lose sleep if she misses one, I haven't missed one in 14 years! How do I make her get it? How do I stop the Steelers merchandise.

I say you should lighten up as they are in different conferences and thus will only battle in preseason when we play them and in a possible season or superbowl...they alls fair game. As far as the Superbowl this year....If the Skins made it and Pitt didn't would she be against going and piss you off then?? Gotta look at it from both angles and the Superbowl in itself would be a cool experience and party environment regardless who is playing...I'd go and have her committ to the same for when the Skins are in it next year. :)

I think you should go to the Superbowl with your wife so that she can support her team. Then when the Redskins make the big show, she will have to let you go, and probably even go with you. This way there won't be a fight about it if you refuse to let her go. And as far as trying to convert her, you should at least be happy that she cheers for the skins as a secondary team. Being from Pennsylvania myself, I can understand her not wanting to abandon her team. I like the Steelers too, but I would definitely root for the Redskins when they meet.

1st- If your kids a Redskins fan, tell her not to buy steeler shirts and such for him. And be sure that he tells her the same (very politley).

2nd- Buy your son tons of Redskins merchandise, not just jerseys (teach him young).

3rd- Go to the Superbowl with your wife. You'll have a great time. Wear your Redskin colors with pride. If your son doesn't want to wear steelers stuff, then he shouldn't have to and explain that to your wife. Going will make life a lot easier.

4th- Russ Grim will be there (former hog!). Maybe you get his autograph!

1st- If your kids a Redskins fan, tell her not to buy steeler shirts and such for him. And be sure that he tells her the same (very politley).

2nd- Buy your son tons of Redskins merchandise, not just jerseys (teach him young).

3rd- Go to the Superbowl with your wife. You'll have a great time. Wear your Redskin colors with pride. If your son doesn't want to wear steelers stuff, then he shouldn't have to and explain that to your wife. Going will make life a lot easier.

4th- Russ Grim will be there (former hog!). Maybe you get his autograph!

He's 3 hes not really a fan of football yet.

Tell her you'll go to the superbowl with her, but she has to make all the arrangements, get tickets ect...... Most people just want to "know that they could if they wanted to" and her interest will surely wane. But in the outside chance that she finds tickets, and you can afford to go, Then why not go.

Look at it this way. We want the Steelers to win thier 5th SB trophey so that Dallas can't brag anymore. Go Steerlers!

Go. Make your wife happy. If she wanted to be miserable, she could have married me instead. :) And it's only fair, since her team got to the Super Bowl first...

Anyhow, the way I see it, the Skins and the Steelers are practically sister franchises. Seems like the Skins scrimmage the Steelers more than any other team, and the Steelers have always been the kind of team you could respect. Cowher's a good guy also, kind of like Gibbs Lite. :)

You seem to forget how vicious we women can get. :silly:

Not supporting your woman and her team can mean one long visit to the dawg house. *digs out Adam and Eve catalog* You may need some items soon.

ETA: I'd relax some on the Steelers gear. I have to suffer with a kid who roots for the 49ers and a guy friend who constantly manages to sneak a decal or two on my car that say's DALLAS Cowboys *shudder* I always know when he's managed to do this, cuz Hawgetta won't run right.

Go. Make your wife happy. If she wanted to be miserable, she could have married me instead. :) And it's only fair, since her team got to the Super Bowl first...

Anyhow, the way I see it, the Skins and the Steelers are practically sister franchises. Seems like the Skins scrimmage the Steelers more than any other team, and the Steelers have always been the kind of team you could respect. Cowher's a good guy also, kind of like Gibbs Lite. :)

I agree I like the Steelers, its the only other team I can actually root for weekly when they aren't playing the Skins. I would love to go to the Big game, but I want my first one to be the Skins. I was only 18 during the last superbowl and obviously had no money to go to Minnesota.

Anyway just to let everyone know, to my suprise, my wife thought the Superbowl was in Miami, when I told her Detroit, she suddenly lost interest.

She now wants to throw a big superbowl party which I'm totally down with!

Thanks for all the feedback, I guess I will lighten up on the steeler merchandise.

I don't see a problem with the kid having a few pieces of Steelers gear. As they are not a rival or even frequent opponent, give in a little. The goodwill you'd be showing may lead to your wife being more open to Redskinsdom.

HTTR

I concur with Mr. Bostic, she could not be a sports fan at all and if you do this, she might hate the Skins like my woman does. She hats them because of me. :doh:

Your real name wouldn't be Francis BTW would it? Lighten up man ;)

Seriously let her enjoy her time, and she should be able to go. Good for her that her team in in the Super Bowl, et her enjoy the moment, and not spoil it for her. It is what being a husband is all about.

Sweet.

Now root for the Stillers to humiliate the Seahawks as payback for beating the Skins. :cheers:

Yea, but they deserve it this year. Cowher finally grew a pair in the playoffs (and he wasn't playing at home or New England, so that helped). I thought his play calling was stellar, and he finally opened up the playbook for Ben. It was about time they did, and I hope they smoke the Hawks.

Yea, but they deserve it this year. Cowher finally grew a pair in the playoffs (and he wasn't playing at home or New England, so that helped). I thought his play calling was stellar, and he finally opened up the playbook for Ben. It was about time they did, and I hope they smoke the Hawks.

Agreed.

Maybe he finally has a QB he trusts completely?

Archived