Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Samuels?

Hog Lover

What do you guys think about Chris Samuels? He had a solid year this year, in my opinion (though not a pro bowl season) but his play down the stretch worries me a little.

Was he hurt in the playoffs? We pay him a ton of money, and I think he's a pretty good player, but Rice and Winstrom abused him. You think that he can be the Left Tackle of a super bowl champion?

I think he's a fine left tackle - brilliant when healthy. He's got the ability & courage to be "effective" even when playing at less than his best. He was "playing hurt" in the playoffs. Unfortunately, it seems like that's been the case more & more as the wear & tear of life in the NFL takes it's toll.

I also think his cap number for next year is HUGE, 2nd only to LA. But his name never seems to come up in the discussion of reworking agreements.

I'm wondering if there's a reason for that...

Cheers,

CLBinMD

I think he is one of the most over-rated player in the league. He gets beat regularly. If there is a speed rusher on his side, watch out!

He makes the pro-bowl every season, undeservedly!

I have seen him have good games, but I have seen him totally abused.

I think Jansen is much, much better. But Jansen never makes the pro-bowl. I will never understand that.

Lets not forget that samuels was a good player before Spurrier came to town. There was no discipline and the team lacked fundamentals when that guy was here so Samuels kinda got away from that. Samuels if fine, I mean it probably takes 2 years to get the garbage out of your system that was the spurrier era. Yeah rice abuses a lot of people so Im not worried.

Hes fine. Rice abuses everyone, and Im not so sure he got "abused" by Wistrom. I dont really remember.

I dont think he made the pro bowl on name recognition alone though. Afterall, he didnt make it last year.

See what Jared Allen did to him in the KC game? Burgess in the Oakland game?

You can't get rid of him unless you are able to replace him. We have no one on the roster that can, no top pick, and a free agent LT that is anywhere close to as good as he is doesn't exist. You might at best find an older guy asking for too much money.

Right now Samuels is playing well enough and isn't able to be replaced. Thus he stays.

Have my doubts -- he is way overpaid. Right now, he is on the fringe of not being one of the 10 best in the league......

Agreed. Unfortunately we pay him as such. At least LaVar can point to some highlights and say, "Thats what I can do every Sunday if you let me"

You can't get rid of him unless you are able to replace him. We have no one on the roster that can, no top pick, and a free agent LT that is anywhere close to as good as he is doesn't exist. You might at best find an older guy asking for too much money.

Right now Samuels is playing well enough and isn't able to be replaced. Thus he stays.

Well said!!! Why doesn't everyone get off Samuels back... Any NFL team would be happy to have him on their roster!!!

Samuels is a STUD who plays hurt and is a warrior...

Our best OT ever Joe Jacoby got beat by fast ends and LB's from time to time also...

It's a very tough position to play... Another year with Bugel will improve Samuels even more!!!

Samuels is a beast, especially when he is healthy - which he was this season. For the most part he handled opposing rushers and due to his athleticism he is able to run and block defenders downfield. He is a great LT and we are lucky to have him. I hope to see Samuels and Dockery mature into a great duo.

Well said!!! Why doesn't everyone get off Samuels back... Any NFL team would be happy to have him on their roster!!!

Samuels is a STUD who plays hurt and is a warrior...

Our best OT ever Joe Jacoby got beat by fast ends and LB's from time to time also...

It's a very tough position to play... Another year with Bugel will improve Samuels even more!!!

Exactly what I am thinking.

I think he is one of the most over-rated player in the league. He gets beat regularly. If there is a speed rusher on his side, watch out!

He makes the pro-bowl every season, undeservedly!

I have seen him have good games, but I have seen him totally abused.

I think Jansen is much, much better. But Jansen never makes the pro-bowl. I will never understand that.

He gets beat "regularly"? :laugh: Uhhh, I don't think so.

And he makes the Pro-Bowl "every" season? Really? :doh: He hasn't made the Pro-Bowl since 2003.

He played the balance of the season with a strained knee. Yet, he put in a Pro-Bowl performance.

Man, at least get your facts straight.

Archived