Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Samuels?

Hog Lover

i doubt he restructures cuz he did that just last year I believe to ease the cap issue.. but he knows he will be a Redskin for life so restructuring your contract to win a superbowl is the price 1 may have 2 pay..

Did he?? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm asking because I thought I just saw something that indicated he's # 2 (behind LA) in terms of cap number this year - counting more than $10M against the 2006 cap budget. I also recall the team wanted him to re-work his deal during the last year of the Spurrier era and he & his agent were extremely reluctant to do so.

Anybody have the definitive word on this??

Cheers,

CLBinMD

What do you guys think about Chris Samuels? He had a solid year this year, in my opinion (though not a pro bowl season) but his play down the stretch worries me a little.

Was he hurt in the playoffs? We pay him a ton of money, and I think he's a pretty good player, but Rice and Winstrom abused him. You think that he can be the Left Tackle of a super bowl champion?

He was solid but certainly not Pro Bowl, like you said. He had some great games and some awful games (TB, KC). Some of that, though, you can probably blame on the coaching staff. I don't know if it's reasonable to expect ANY tackle in the league to take on Simeon Rice 1-on-1 like we asked Samuels to. As far as injuries, yes he was hurt. He had a strained knee that bothered him as well as an arthritic ankle that's given him problems for a few years now. Both were on the same leg and gave him problems the second half of the season, one reaggravting the other. He missed a lot of practice time due to those injuries down the stretch.

What do you guys think about Chris Samuels? He had a solid year this year, in my opinion (though not a pro bowl season) but his play down the stretch worries me a little.

Was he hurt in the playoffs? We pay him a ton of money, and I think he's a pretty good player, but Rice and Winstrom abused him. You think that he can be the Left Tackle of a super bowl champion?

yeah, he's good - good at holding on EVERY SINGLE PLAY THAT MATTERS. i would be happy to see him shipped out, regardless of anything, simply for the fact that every single time we get a td or huge play and theres a flag, the ump says those famous words "holding - number 60 offense - 10 yard penalty." he's a joke, someone with as much experience as him and as much salary as him should never be caught holding more than 1 or 2 times a year. he's not a smart player, and doesn't seem to care when he costs us points. i say send him to dallas, that should be punishment enough lol.

He would be a great player at half the salary.

I think he's an above average tackle. I have never seen him take over a game however. So..there you go.

he's taken over many games - like by costing us points when we needed them, and putting us out of range for a realistic shot at anything. he's definitely a game changer, an mvp for whoever plays us.

Seems like Jansen is better to me too. But then again, maybe it's because the best pass rushing ends are usually on the right side. Still, he does seem to get beat a lot for someone who gets the accolades he does. And pro bowl? Pfft!

Selecting for the Pro Bowl is a joke. Get the fans out of it. Samuels probably gets in cause he was drafted number 3 and he's probably the only name they remember. The opposite position coaches should vote and that's it. Ex: OL coaches vote for Dline players. DB coaches vote for WR's. Etc.

Archived