Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylors name is ... THE GRIM REAPER

bryceb07

I heard someone mention "the hurricane" before. Whats wrong with that. It has the irony of where he played his college ball. I mean come on, a Hurricane can take out a whole city and make everyone run for their lives. I personally don't like the nick-name "the grim reaper". I think it lacks originality and it just doesnt have that special ring to it. The Tarantula would be my second vote behind the hurricane.

The point of the second paragraph is that even if it is a "his word v. his word" kind of deal like you said, he could still be found guilty. It's happened before.

Agree here. However, the fact that the prosecutor hasn't dropped the case makes me think he may have additional evidence up his sleeve. A lot of times, there are bystanders or other witnesses who come forward later and whose testimonies can swing a case.

Haha, as ridiculous as it may sound, the prosecutor has already offered this evidence to the judge.

[The prosecutor] also pointed to Taylor's ejection from last Saturday's playoff win over Tampa Bay for spitting in the face of Buccaneers running back Michael Pittman.

"Mr. Taylor has not been a model citizen," Grieco said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2291089

Prosecutors are notorious for twisting evidence to produce a legal argument. Actually, the same could be said for most lawyers.

I agree with you here again. The prosecutor is likely trying to make a name for himself with this case, but sad as it may seem, some people have been put away based on the work of less-than-ethical prosecutors trying to make a name for themselves. Wouldn't surprise me if it happened here.

As for the DUI, according to this site, he was convicted and lost his license for a year.

http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/index.php?sport=pftball&hssport=&type=playernotes&name=player_5268

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion of course and this really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. In all likelihood, I think he will likely be acquitted of the charges, but I don't share your irontight optimism.

if the prosecutor has anything up his sleeve obviously the defense knows about it due to right of discovery. but what you say about late breaking witnesses coming forward and swinging the case is interesting. if this happens i see it actually being a witness for ST's benefit.

i think the fact that the DA tried to use something that went on during a football game as a reason to not continue the case speaks to the weakness of his case. he is already grasping at straws.

and i know what you are saying about the possibility of a conviction is true. i just dont think it at all likely in this case. especially with all the money available for the defense. if it were me, i would be up the creek. but ST with his loot...i dont think so. plus Snyder will never let it happen. he will buy the entire state of FL before he lets ST get locked up.

plus Snyder will never let it happen. he will buy the entire state of FL before he lets ST get locked up.

LOL. I think Williams would pitch in a few bucks for that cause. He knows how much the Reaper Tarantula Hitstick means to this defense.

I heard someone mention "the hurricane" before. Whats wrong with that. It has the irony of where he played his college ball. I mean come on, a Hurricane can take out a whole city and make everyone run for their lives. I personally don't like the nick-name "the grim reaper". I think it lacks originality and it just doesnt have that special ring to it. The Tarantula would be my second vote behind the hurricane.

That's what I'm talking about. The Hurricane is a sweet nickname. Too bad I don't have a say in the grand scheme of things :)

I like "The Hurricane" because it means speed and devastation...two qualities that describe ST...besides, he did play for Miami. :cheers:

I like "The Hurricane" because it means speed and devastation...two qualities that describe ST...besides, he did play for Miami. :cheers:

It's THE HURRICANE. Because I said so. Before his rookie season. Check my sig.

You guys can't hop on the bandwagon and change his nickname. :laugh:

anyone remember sean "the impaler" taylor that one was money, get out of here with your grim reaper... aside from fans dressing up as the grim reaper in ST jerseys it sucks. hitstick is tight it should be removed from roy williams name on account of his new nickname is old balls

Archived