Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vikings have right to match any offer for Koren Robinson

tenken627

Yes, Koren Robinson is a Unrestricted Free Agent, but supposedly this Vikings message board states that he has a clause in his contract that they have the right to match any offer made to him.

http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=8897

I know Antonio Pierce and Fred Smoot allowed us to match any offer given to them, but this is the first time I've ever heard of it actually being written in the contract.

They seem high on Koren Robinson, and hope he stays as well.

i saw the monday nite live show and i think any WR sitting there would have said the same thing about wanting to be a redskin. it was the best place to market himself.

he will probably say that to any team.. take it with a grain a salt, he just wants to get paid..

the post that Koren Robinson would be a good #2 receiver for the Skins is pure supposition. it is based more on the power of positive thinking than objective facts.

Robinson has not shown in any given season that he can be a reliable receiver over 16 games. He is a guy that played well in spurts last season in Minnesota and hopes to parlay that into a nice contract for himself.

I think Gibbs isn't looking for a reclamation project, but rather a receiver he doesn't have to lose sleep over, ie Eric Moulds or Jimmy Smith, a veteran who has been there and produced at a high level in the NFL, an intelligent guy that will come in and learn the offense quickly.

Forget Reggie Waybe and David Givens -- not in our budget. I also think Eric Moulds is going be a little pricey. Koren Robinson? This is a new Vikings administration; who knows what they would want to do about Robinson? They might match a modest number, but they have lots of other areas to address.

Jimmy Smith would be a good 2-year measure. Besides, Brunell worked with him very effectively for years and his veteran leadership could help Campbell along. My only concern with Smith is I don't know how much he has left.

the post that Koren Robinson would be a good #2 receiver for the Skins is pure supposition. it is based more on the power of positive thinking than objective facts.

Robinson has not shown in any given season that he can be a reliable receiver over 16 games. He is a guy that played well in spurts last season in Minnesota and hopes to parlay that into a nice contract for himself.

I think Gibbs isn't looking for a reclamation project, but rather a receiver he doesn't have to lose sleep over, ie Eric Moulds or Jimmy Smith, a veteran who has been there and produced at a high level in the NFL, an intelligent guy that will come in and learn the offense quickly.

I agree ,Gibbs is going to bring in a vet WR.

Absolutely, If that is written in his contract, I would think he's a RFA instead of UFA.

A few years ago the Eagles had that clause written into Paul Grasmanis' contract and when he reached FA he signed a contract with the Skins and the Eagles matched.

It still amazes me that after the debacle of 2000, we still think that we need to sign EVERY player with a name that becomes available.

I would think that we could solve most of our problems through the draft, even without a first round pick.

Remember the draft? It's that thing they hold each April. The Skins may want to look into it.

I agree. I think the Skins should look to add depth and talent on the DL through the draft. Often DL can come into the NFL and make a contirbution in their rookie seasons.

I would be less inclined to take a wide receiver high as receivers often take 2-3 years to become regular contributors. I would look at free agency to add a veteran free agent that can learn this offense quickly and provide us with a legitimate #2 option come opening night 2006.

I highly disagree Bulldog take away his rookie year as most WR rookies struggle, then his obvious trouble filled year with his alcohol problems and this is what you have.

78rec. 1240yds. 15.9avg. 5TD

65rec. 896yds. 13.8avg. 4TD

Those are cold hard facts, not positive thinking. If Robinson has cleaned up his act then numbers like those would be very helpful to us.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

If K-Rob is an unrestricted free agent. He can sign anywhere he wants. Even if the Vikings match the offer, he can go anywhere he wants. There are no restrictions being an UNRESTRICTED free agent. He would no longer be under contract, so how would there be a clause in his contract saying they have the right to match....???

He can sign with anyone and Vikings cannot do anything about it.

Archived