Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vikings have right to match any offer for Koren Robinson

tenken627

I agree he has had his moments. I guess my concern is that going into 2004 you could look back at Rod Gardner's 71 catch season and 8 touchdowns 3-4 years ago and assume that given those numbers with Gibbs aboard he would again burst onto the scene as a producer, but it didn't happen.

Whatever Gardner had early on, he is now in free fall after being cut by the Panthers and ending up on a 4-12 Green Bay team whose receiver corps was decimated by injuries.

It still amazes me that after the debacle of 2000' date=' we still think that we need to sign EVERY player with a name that becomes available.

I would think that we could solve most of our problems through the draft, even without a first round pick.

Remember the draft? It's that thing they hold each April. The Skins may want to look into it.[/quote']

Look at the ages of the 2000 FA class that we signed. Fact is drafting a WR is not going to help the way signing a good FA WR can. Unless of course we gamble on the fact that we may draft the next Randy Moss or Anquan Boldin. The fact is most rookie WR would be a slight upgrade over Jacobs and may not even be an upgrade over Patten, so siging a FA WR is a must.

The collapse of 2000 was due to the fact Westbrook tore his knee up and the only position we didn't address that year was depth at WR. Remeber Andre Reed trying to play WR for us.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I agree he has had his moments. I guess my concern is that going into 2004 you could look back at Rod Gardner's 71 catch season and 8 touchdowns 3-4 years ago and assume that given those numbers with Gibbs aboard he would again burst onto the scene as a producer, but it didn't happen.

Whatever Gardner had early on, he is now in free fall after being cut by the Panthers and ending up on a 4-12 Green Bay team whose receiver corps was decimated by injuries.

I see where you're coming from but I just think if this guy has indeed cleaned up his act then at 25 years old he deserves a second chance. He had produced more then 50/50, in his biggest year, and was a big play threat early in his career.

If he comes at a reasonable price then I would love to get him, again only if Gibbs feels his problems are behind him.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Robinson became the Vikes go to guy late in the year. He seems to have shored up the dropped ball problems (must be something about being in Seattle) and could be the kick returner we need.

and the best part...he sounded like he wanted to be a Redskin...what's wrong with that?

I saw that interview on Monday Night Live on Comcast Sportsnet.

I got the impression that Koren really wants to come to Washington.

I also heard that Randel El from the Steelers will be a free agent after this season and we all know that the Steelers are FAMOUS for letting their best players go.

the post that Koren Robinson would be a good #2 receiver for the Skins is pure supposition. it is based more on the power of positive thinking than objective facts.

Robinson has not shown in any given season that he can be a reliable receiver over 16 games. He is a guy that played well in spurts last season in Minnesota and hopes to parlay that into a nice contract for himself.

I think Gibbs isn't looking for a reclamation project, but rather a receiver he doesn't have to lose sleep over, ie Eric Moulds or Jimmy Smith, a veteran who has been there and produced at a high level in the NFL, an intelligent guy that will come in and learn the offense quickly.

I'm gonna have to agree with this...

In my opinion, Robinson is showing signs of decency. With the right coaching, we can help him become a better player. All I care about is that we have another wide reciever to take the pressure off of Santana Moss.

It still amazes me that after the debacle of 2000, we still think that we need to sign EVERY player with a name that becomes available.

I don't think that's what's happening here at all. We need a #2 WR and free agency is a good place to get one. By the way, every off-season since 2000 has been pretty reasonable and the last two off-seasons, we've made some superb (and efficient) free agency signings. That's all anyone's talking about here.

And let's dispense with the notion that the Redskins don't value the draft. You may not like their approach to the draft, but moving around in the draft is evidence of a DRAFT STRATEGY. We used our 1st round pick this year (and a couple of picks last year) to trade into the 1st last year to, presumably, pick our QB of the future. We used last year's 2nd round pick to move up to take Cooley in the 3rd round of 2004. We traded Bailey and a 2nd for Portis. While much has been made of how we shouldn't have traded the 2nd, Portis was 22 at the time. The second rounder taken by the Broncos, Tatum Bell, is a few months OLDER than Portis and not nearly the virtuoso talent or (yet) the team leader.

I don't love all of our picks, but I think the Redskins have consistently held the draft up a high priority and have -- at least in their minds -- gone for quality over quantity. Now, that philosophy may need to be revisited, but it's a serious draft philosophy.

Yes, Koren Robinson is a Unrestricted Free Agent, but supposedly this Vikings message board states that he has a clause in his contract that they have the right to match any offer made to him.

This would mean that he would be a restricted free agent, correct, I guess they could match, with him still making the final decision. But that sounds like a bum contract. :logo::logo::logo:

Yes, Koren Robinson is a Unrestricted Free Agent, but supposedly this Vikings message board states that he has a clause in his contract that they have the right to match any offer made to him.

Okay and we know all about it and will remember it, but remember this he'll be a Redskin and when it happens I'll give you a friendly reminder. Oh, and thanks for starting this thread, that had already been commented on under the WR thread.

I think Patten can still play. I don't think his skills eroded that much between 800 yards and 18.6 per catch in 2004 to what he had in 2005 before he was injured. I just don't believe Patten ever got fully comfortable here.

Given his $3.3 million bonus, I am pretty sure that the Skins will bring him back to compete for a spot and would be a good guy to have in there as the #3 behind say an Eric Moulds or Jimmy Smith as insurance.

I think this kid would fit in around here. He's young, he has had at least one very productive season, he is durable, he would add good size to our corps, he's fast and he is a dynamic returner. Plus, he expressed an interest in playing for the Redskins at an affordable price on TV. I hope the Vikes are comfortable with their other WR and let him go. If they do, my money is on him coming here pending Joe Gibbs' approval.

Reggie Wayne is not the answer. We don't need two primary receivers as it would probably piss Moss off, there wouldn't be enough catches to go around and he would be expensive as hell.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

I really would like to sign Robinson AND a guy like Moulds/Smith. I don't think that Robinson would come with a huge price tage and it would give this offense so many weapons and open everything up for the running game. Could you imagine...Moss, Smith, Robinson, and Patten. I wouldn't put it past Danny to try to make moves like this and we know how much Gibbs loves free agency. I really would like to see the offense retooled via FA and the defense via the draft. This offense is a player or 2 away from being top 5, imo.

I really would like to sign Robinson AND a guy like Moulds/Smith. I don't think that Robinson would come with a huge price tage and it would give this offense so many weapons and open everything up for the running game. Could you imagine...Moss, Smith, Robinson, and Patten. I wouldn't put it past Danny to try to make moves like this and we know how much Gibbs loves free agency. I really would like to see the offense retooled via FA and the defense via the draft. This offense is a player or 2 away from being top 5, imo.

Where did this Jimmy Smith talk originate? I have not followed his career closely but would suspect he would make a very productive second receiving option. What kind of size does he have?

Eric Moulds is another guy other than Robinson that I am very interested in. We don't need a guy to light up the scoreboard. Anyone that is consistant, can catch, has some size, and is durable would make this offense sick. Gregg Williams knowledge of Moulds should really give Joe Gibbs a hand in this offseason.

I think both Robinson and Moulds/Smith is wishful thinking. As is Reggie Wayne.

Where did this Jimmy Smith talk originate? I have not followed his career closely but would suspect he would make a very productive second receiving option. What kind of size does he have?

Eric Moulds is another guy other than Robinson that I am very interested in. We don't need a guy to light up the scoreboard. Anyone that is consistant, can catch, has some size, and is durable would make this offense sick. Gregg Williams knowledge of Moulds should really give Joe Gibbs a hand in this offseason.

I think both Robinson and Moulds/Smith is wishful thinking. As is Reggie Wayne.

Czaban said that Smith's most likely destination would be Washington in 2006 on AM 980 yesterday. Smith has 8 or 9 seasons of 1000+ yards is about 6'3 200/210 lbs but is 36 years old. He had over 1000 yards 6 tds and averaged 14 ypc in 2005.

Czaban said that Smith's most likely destination would be Washington in 2006 on AM 980 yesterday. Smith has 8 or 9 seasons of 1000+ yards is about 6'3 200/210 lbs but is 36 years old. He had over 1000 yards 6 tds and averaged 14 ypc in 2005.

Great numbers and size. His age is a concern as is Eric Moulds. But I would welcome either of them with welcome arms. But Koren Robinson realllly interests me. He looks like he could be a STEAL.

Archived