Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We drafted the wrong player from Florida

jbooma

Grossman is likely no better than a guy we have on our roster.

Grossman would never get play with this team. Not so long as the love affair with a certain QB continues. Come on, a guy with 7 starts(assuming he got injured with us as well?!) Unlikely.

nothing new here

Grossman was picked #22 in the first round by the Bears.

We drafted Taylor Jacobs at #44 in the second round.

Among players that were actually available there, Anquan Boldin would have been the best pick. Osi Omenurya would have been good also. The next best QB available was Chris Simms, who was picked at the bottom of Round 3.

Come on Jbooma, we should have taken Boldin. That is an easy drat choice looking back. Grossman is doing ok, but Boldin would have helped us out a lot.

boldins stock fell a lot cuz he had a bad combine. hes one of those surprises.

Guest ComebackKing

Why is it during any game we watch on TV there are threads of why we should have drafted this guy, why we should trade for this guy, why we should go for this guy... This is crazy our team is our team is that not good enough? Lol.

We should have drafted Anquan Boldin, he was on the board when we drafted Jacobs.

I know don't remind me.

Alex Brown of Florida is nice as well.

The year of the DE's form USC and Ohio State, who did we draft, Will Smith is a beast and would great in the burgandy and gold :)

Grossman had had injury issues, but it seems he had a pocket presence, unlike Ramsey which is key.

Instead of Jacobs we should have went after Grossman. This kid is looking good tonight. He started rough but he has the potential of being a good NFL QB. I like his attitude.

Yea lets compare him to Brunell. maybe some of the Brunell supporters will understand why he can't possibily be our QB next year. Grossman is making plays against a very strong Carolina D not an average Seattle secondary.

Boldin is the correct pick looking back. If only it were that easy, though. If Gibbs were here things might have been different but we are still weeding out the pretenders. We'll get someone solid in free agency or draft a stud in the upcoming draft.

I have to respond to this one. Grossman recruited Spurrier initially. This Indiana QB wasn't even on Spurrier's radar at first. To say they didn't get along is quite funny.

Bolden (sp?) was not that impressive in college and considered slow. Spurrier faced him. I saw him play on TV. I don't think many saw it coming. He was raw.

Grossman played well considering it was his second start in a LONG time. He did better than Eli who played the whole season.

I have to respond to this one. Grossman recruited Spurrier initially. This Indiana QB wasn't even on Spurrier's radar at first. To say they didn't get along is quite funny.

Bolden (sp?) was not that impressive in college and considered slow. Spurrier faced him. I saw him play on TV. I don't think many saw it coming. He was raw.

Grossman played well considering it was his second start in a LONG time. He did better than Eli who played the whole season.

Can you honestly say that grossman did better than manning? I'm not saying he's like his brother, but he led his team to win the nfc east which is no cake division..grossman is nothing special. He can't produce when needed

I'm just telling you what I heard. Grossman and Spurrier didn't get along.

And how could Grossman have recruited Spurrier?? I don't get that one...:confused:

EDIT: here is an article talking about Grossman getting back into Spurrier's good graces, fwiw: http://www.sptimes.com/2002/01/03/Columns/Coach_s_point_taken__.shtml

Grossman? Are you kidding? He threw into double and triple coverage all night long. He forced passes on just about every throw .. which is fine .. if you're Brett Favre from several years ago .. but not if you throw rediculous passes that have no chance of being completed. I'll take Ramsey over Grossman anyday.

Archived