Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Officiating in the NFL IS HORRIBLE!

TD Riggo

I'm not referring to yesterday's game. Although there were a ton of holding calls yesterday that were never called, and the "offensive PI" was bogus too. But that is NOT why we lost yesterday. The Hawks played the better game and we lost. Period.

My reason for starting this thread is because I just watched what could possibly be THE most horribly wrong instant replay review in the Steelers/Colts game and the evidence on MY TV -- and I don't have high-res, high-def, super slo-mo, freeze frame equipment -- was that Troy Polamalu CLEARLY made an interception and the zebra came back and ruled it incomplete. This call could very well change the course of this game! The officiating across the NFL this year has been close to abysmal! Instead of the "quality control" program that Mike Pereira always raves about improving the officiating, it just gets worse. In addition, this is a playoff game and I thought these were supposed to be the best crews available.

For the record .. I couldn't care less who wins this game, but it's a shame when horrible officiating almost dictates the outcome of games! It just gets worse every year. I even think that the instant replay needs to be scrapped altogether because these idiots can't even watch the aforementioned state of the art video equipment replays and get it right!

I agree half-way. He clearly had possession of the ball, HAND-WISE

However, listen to the ref's explanation.

His reasoning was that he was still rolling on the ground when the ball came loose. It all depends on what the NFL rulebook says. According to the ref, you have to have 2 FEET on the ground, not 2 KNEES, WHILE you have "hand possession"

That call changed the course of the whole game! That is NOT the purpose of the refs!

As to the explanation by the zebra .. if that were an offensive player in any other game, that would have been ruled a catch! The criteria should be the same either way!

Vanderjagt missed the FG. Although I don't believe in "karma" ... :rolleyes:

Im almost hoping the Refs are paid off(ya i know they arent),because the only other reason is they are complete idiots,id rather have a smart money taker than a blind fool.Also like the penalty on 4th down in colts game where the offense flinched and the defense ran across the line...and no penalty was called lol,must be nice to make up rules as you go along.

Holy ****

The call didnt make a difference in the game, cuz they didnt score on that drive. It's a moot point

BLAME BETTIS FOR FUMBLING with 1 MINUTE !!!

...after the interception was reversed, the Colts scored 8 points on that drive, TD + 2 pt conversion. To me free points from the refs.

I think the crews should be graded. Just like if the were taking a test in school. The whole crew should be the fined for missed calls, and wrong calls. I too am tired of them changing the outcome of games. I would think in the playoffs there would be less chance of this...my thinking is that the NFL would have the best crews out there during this time. But all weekend in each game I watched just horrible officiating.

Im almost hoping the Refs are paid off(ya i know they arent),because the only other reason is they are complete idiots,id rather have a smart money taker than a blind fool.Also like the penalty on 4th down in colts game where the offense flinched and the defense ran across the line...and no penalty was called lol,must be nice to make up rules as you go along.

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me sick about the refs. They are soooo indecisive(sp?) or should I say Gutless. What the heck is that..."there is no penalty on the play" either somebody moved early or somebody was offsides. There has been more indecision and flat out CRAP calls this year then I can remember.I dont mean to get too crazy about it but it is really ridiculous.

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me sick about the refs. They are soooo indecisive(sp?) or should I say Gutless. What the heck is that..."there is no penalty on the play" either somebody moved early or somebody was offsides. There has been more indecision and flat out CRAP calls this year then I can remember.I dont mean to get too crazy about it but it is really ridiculous.

Yeah, really...the Colts defenders jumped clear across the line into the Steelers O-line...either the Colts were OFFSIDES or they were drawn off, in which case it's a FALSE START on the Steelers...SOMEBODY committed a foul...how can they say "no foul"??? The whole damn world saw the Colts jump across the line!!! SOMEBODY had a flag coming on that play!!!

The officiating in the NFL this year has been laughable, to say the least... :laugh:

Well if that call gave you the dry heaves (and it should) wait until ole Mike Pereira (sp?) who is the head of the officials is on the tube this week spewing his warped gibberish on why his officials have never made a wrong call, keep a bucket handy. Polamalu had that one, everybody in North America knows it, but the zebras were trying (instructed?) to do everything possible to get Indy to the SB.

maybe the NFL should go with professional refs instead of the part time job. Too many Drs and Lawyers and other professionals do it as a side. Then if they aren't up to it they get fired. There's enough money in pro ball to do it. Also as a side do you think replay has really helped or made the refs more indecisive? Just a thought.

Archived