Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dockery for Hutchestein

Staylor21

I tend to dissagre here. Dockery isn't the best O lineman we have but he is better than he was last year and light years along from where he was two years ago . Now I don't belive it is worth while developing a guy who may never be a pro bowler but plays at a high level just to discard him because people dont see the progress but amass negative images to build and build on players back and then two years later after we have cut him and whoever replaces him strugles be on the FO office for letting such a talent go .

The stand out play of the year for me is him showing awareness and hustle recovering the Portis fumble . Just give him a chance

1. I didn't use the word homer, you did. I stated a fact that many others here have.

2. Thats right, I haven't heard Buges make any positive remarks regarding Dockery since last season. And seeing how that this was your argument to begin with...you do the search.

3. BTW, just because someones opinion differs from yours or goes against your god (Buges), doesn't mean that they clearly don't know anything about the o-line. FYI, I record all of the games on TIVO and when I get a chance during the week, I review the games. A long time ago I noticed something about Dockery and started keying on him while watching the games. So, in answer to your question; there are just too many to mention bubba. Dockery, more than often misses his blocks when he pulls, has even gotten in Portis's way or just plain falls on his face. My wife and I both watch these mistakes and have both shook our heads in disbelief that this guy is our starting G.

1. instead of saying "First of all bubba, no matter how badly someone on the o-line was playing, you would blindly defend him with your last breath, (everyone knows that, just look at your avatar)."... I used the term you defined,... good lord, right there says enough

Still stays the same, screaming "First of all bubba, no matter how badly someone on the o-line was playing, you would blindly defend him with your last breath, (everyone knows that, just look at your avatar)." doesn't change the facts/points of the debate

BTW, the Buges avatar was assigned to me & Park City because we are staff members, assistants to the mods (Gibbs avatar), though I am honored to have Buges as my avatar

2. :laugh: translation, I know he's probably right, but if I ignore the obvious, I don't have to admit it

3. Wow you have Tivo, so do I.... I have enjoyed watching Dockery make block after block. Maybe you need glasses.

I played Center/guard, and I understand the position, and follow the OL play more than most... I'm no expert but I know good blocking, and bad blocking.... and Dockery rarely had bad games this season, and rarely whiffed on run locks

3. you clearly don't know anything about the OL, which plays did Dockery screw up, or missed assignments.

Bubba, since all I do is review the games while i'm at work all day long. I will say, that Dockery is the weakest link on this offensive line. He misses his assignments more than anyone on the line. For the talent he has, he sure isn't maximizing it. Dockery is prone to miss blocks, flop, too slow on pulling plays. When he drive blocks he gets outmuscled and out manuevered by DT's an awful lot.The only thing he's pretty decent in is pass blocking. But as a component to the running game he's very suspect.

But I will say that replacing Dockery isn't a high priority. Because he does have some upside. Just needs to put it together.

It would be a dream come true. we would then have one of the best o lines in the league. i also agree with skined, i am tired of these arrogant posters who feel the need to disrespect everything or anything for that matter. if you don't like the post move on,spiteful arrogance reduces the luster of this site.come on , decency and respect don't stop just because we are sitting at a computer terminal.if it sounds stupid to you do a right click and proceed to the next thread.

1. instead of saying "First of all bubba, no matter how badly someone on the o-line was playing, you would blindly defend him with your last breath, (everyone knows that, just look at your avatar)."... I used the term you defined,... good lord, right there says enough

Still stays the same, screaming "First of all bubba, no matter how badly someone on the o-line was playing, you would blindly defend him with your last breath, (everyone knows that, just look at your avatar)." doesn't change the facts/points of the debate

BTW, the Buges avatar was assigned to me & Park City because we are staff members, assistants to the mods (Gibbs avatar), though I am honored to have Buges as my avatar

2. :laugh: translation, I know he's probably right, but if I ignore the obvious, I don't have to admit it

3. Wow you have Tivo, so do I.... I have enjoyed watching Dockery make block after block. Maybe you need glasses.

I played Center/guard, and I understand the position, and follow the OL play more than most... I'm no expert but I know good blocking, and bad blocking.... and Dockery rarely had bad games this season, and rarely whiffed on run locks

I'll make this my last response. Your childish sarcasm and color coded remarks towards each response is really quite boring. Leave it to you to come up with meaningless, juvenile remarks about the means in which I record the games. And because my view points on the o-line don't jive with yours, you then attack my eye sight.

You are not the only one that has played football bubba, there are other people and fans that have played and are capable and some of their opinions do differ from yours.

Dock is a solid player but if you have Thomas and Jansen on one side and add Samuels and Hutchstein can you imagine how many rushing yards Portis will get next year if we add Hutchestein from the Seahawks because they can't resign him and Alexander.

It's Hutchinson (sp?) not Hutchstein.

Originally Posted by Skins#3

Don't hold your breath, Hutchinson will be back with Seattle next season.

You don't know that. He is an unrestricted free agent which mean whoever signs him will be paying a pretty penny for him.
It's certainly true that Hutch will be a wealthy man in the very near future, but it is safe to say he will be earning his paycheck while wearing a Seahawk uniform. The Seahawks can't use the Franchise tag on Shaun Alexander again, and Hutch is the most valuable component of the offense that happens to be in a contract year. If they can't come to an agreement on a long term contract, he'll be franchised.

Bubba, since all I do is review the games while i'm at work all day long. I will say, that Dockery is the weakest link on this offensive line. He misses his assignments more than anyone on the line. For the talent he has, he sure isn't maximizing it. Dockery is prone to miss blocks, flop, too slow on pulling plays. When he drive blocks he gets outmuscled and out manuevered by DT's an awful lot.The only thing he's pretty decent in is pass blocking. But as a component to the running game he's very suspect.

But I will say that replacing Dockery isn't a high priority. Because he does have some upside. Just needs to put it together.

I have to agree...more often than not after a busted running play, we'd shake our heads and mutter "damnit Dockery!! He got blown off the line of scrimmage again!!" Many times I've seen him get pushed backwards. He's good at pulling...that is his best skill I think. But as far as everything else...he's average.

However I would argue that Rabach, not Dock is the weakest link on the line. He played very well most of the time, but he always seemed to eff up at the most critical points in games. Trying to sustain a drive in the 4th quarter we'd see Rabach get blown up. A lot of that could be due to Dock as well...who knows. Then of course there was the infamous holding penalty against San Diego that basically lost the game for us...:doh:

Can you imagine how many rushing yards Clinton would have if there weren't 8 people in the box all the time? That's a lot of money wrapped up in the o-line, especially when that isn't our main weakness on offense. If anything held us back, it's our garbage WR core. Outside Moss, we don't have anyone that can so much as threaten a popwarner team. Bugel will make Dockery into a star.

I'll make this my last response. Your childish sarcasm and color coded remarks towards each response is really quite boring. Leave it to you to come up with meaningless, juvenile remarks about the means in which I record the games. And because my view points on the o-line don't jive with yours, you then attack my eye sight.

You are not the only one that has played football bubba, there are other people and fans that have played and are capable and some of their opinions do differ from yours.

:yawnee: whatever, as usual you talk in circles avoiding the issue, attacking me, yet never provide one piece of evidence to support your claims.... nothing

many people on this board "Think" they know something, but when challenge never back it up with proof

If it comes down to a real example of power ball on Saturday, the Redskins should have the edge. All five members of Joe Bugel's offensive line are playing at a high level, including right guard Ray Brown, who has stepped in for the injured Randy Thomas.

One player sometimes overlooked in that mix, left guard Derrick Dockery, had what head coach Joe Gibbs called an "excellent" game at Tampa Bay.

http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComunicados.asp?nid=136153&src=0

The speedster turned up-field and followed blocking by 6-6, 330-pound lineman Derrick Dockery.

http://www.charlottesvillenewsplex.tv/sports/headlines/2115897.html

Our offensive line gets an award because we rushed for 150 yards. Anytime we do that we feel like our offensive line and tight ends get and award. Our one other award went to Dock (Derrick Dockery)."

http://redskins.scout.com/2/482704.html

just a coulpe quotes from the past few weeks

:rolleyes: yeah, that 66 lead blocking for portis on stretch plays to the left is someone else.

Dockery is playing great, not at Randy Thomas level, but not far behind. Funny how Buges (one of the bet ever OL coaches) is extremely happy wih him. Believe or not our OL is one of the best in the NFL, only lacking solid reserves, and a blocking TE

I have to admit that Dockery has really picked it up in the last 6 or so games.

I think the Skins coulda drafted Hutchinson when he came out. If my memory serves me correctly, I think the Skins selected Rod Gardner. Whatever year Hutchinson came out I think the Skins went skill position. I remember wanting to draft him and my boys did want a O-lineman in the 1st rd.

Actually the Seahawks have enough cap room to sign both Hutch and Alexander next season (as well as a few more guys if they wish).

And if you hadn't noticed, their owner is richer than all the other owners put together so money is no problem either.

I think the Skins coulda drafted Hutchinson when he came out. If my memory serves me correctly, I think the Skins selected Rod Gardner. Whatever year Hutchinson came out I think the Skins went skill position. I remember wanting to draft him and my boys did want a O-lineman in the 1st rd.

You are right. I wanted the same thing and actually thought the Skins might take him. Hutchinson went right behind Gardner and S.Moss. Not one of the Skins finer draft moments. At least the Moss thing worked out in the end.

:yawnee: whatever, as usual you talk in circles avoiding the issue, attacking me, yet never provide one piece of evidence to support your claims.... nothing

many people on this board "Think" they know something, but when challenge never back it up with proof

bubba, what the hell are you talking about? How am I attacking you? You are the one who is bussin on me for mentioning the fact that I record with TIVO. You are the one making remarks concerning my eye sight. I know that I said that I wasn't going to respond to this bs again, but I can't believe the stuff that you are saying here now.

Also, bubba, WTF kind of proof do I need? Just like hundreds of other people, I claimed that I have watched past Redskins games via recording and I gave my opinion of Derrick Dockery, THATS WHAT WE DO HERE. What evidence do I need to privide you that shows that I think that he stinks as a run blocker? Further more, what evidence could I provide that shows that I think that he is terrible? I have seen many others here that think that he is not as far along as everyone had hoped he would be.

Go ahead and continue this if you want to, but no matter how many times you think that you are "challenging" me or how many funny faces you post and color words you type, I will still believe that Derrick Dockery sucks.

Well, Bugel did say yesterday that they need another guard next year. You never know. But I think the most pressing need is to get some more playmakers at the skill positions on the offense. Hutchinson would be a luxury at this point. Even though i'd be like a little kid in a candy store if we snagged him.

Me too, I definately think we should sign Steve Huchinson if we can! Joe Gibbs and the Redskins made a living off an all probowl offensive line when we had our glory days, so Signing Huchinson to me looks like we'd sure up a need. Plus having Dock still around would be our solid depth. He would rotate in and out and keep our guys fresh.

Huchinson is nothing but a positive if we can get him. He would take us back to the days of the Hogs when we had O-line depth out the wazoo! Not to mention 3 Superbowl wins!

Another idiot with a trade proposal. I thought we ended all this crap with the Wolverine thread. Please make them go away.

I guess they need an outlet to get their ridiculous proposals off their chests. If they call 980 Czaban hangs up on them. Here we can only ridicule them.

We should have a RETARDED GM avatar for these guys!

The preceding idea is endorsed by the man who brought you The Wolverine Thread.

Hubba Bubba- a plain, weak tasting bubble gum that doesn't have the ablility to hold its flavor, always fills up with hot air only to burst into a pink mess all over the face of the blowhard that chews it when he does anything other than copy and paste.....

Wow.......... that wasn't even funny

:nana: try again

Archived