Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Seahawks.

Art

Would love to hear what everyone is thinking about Lavar...will he be back? I read that part about us being $20 million over the cap...if that is true, it sure seems hard to believe they can afford to pay the bonus he is due.

And what about John Hall? Probably time to upgrade at that spot? I cringe when I see the kickoffs coming down at the 15 yard line.

Why did the offense wait for everything to add up against us before they started playing like the game was important?

I understand the drive that brown was out but that was one drive not the whole first half. This team has done this several times this year including the first dallas game. The only thing is this was the divisional playoffs not week 2 of the season. I just dont understand why wait until your at the end of the 3rd quarter and behind by 2 touchdowns before you start playing some meaningfull offense. We were playing the same plays, and with the same players so theres really no excuse. We should have been playing like that the whole game, and the game would have been more like the week 4 matchup.

I know that I haven't posted very much here, but , I'm damn proud of what this team has accomplished this season. I would like to thank the whole Team for what they have given us this season. 4 games better than last season, plus a wild-card win, sh*t , that's a big step in the right direction. Let's give this Team a hand and thank them for a great (and exhausating) season. We are looking forward to next year(8 months away, and counting already). HAIL SKINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump:

One big THANK YOU to Coach Gibbs and his staff and the players for a good season.

Going 6-10 last year and not doing well in the NFC East or making the playoffs in years. I think it was a Very, Very good job to make it to the second round of the playoffs this year. I believe that we will win a Super Bowl in the next year or two.

I live in Texas in the heart of Cowboy land but I'm proud to say that my two sons and I are the biggest Redskins fans in Texas.

Thanks a million Washington Redskins we love you

rmilton and sons in Paris,Texas.

To those who think we need a QB;

I say what we need is a wide receiver to complement Moss.

Thrash, Jacobs, Farris, etc. did nothing this year as far as I could tell.

Imagine if Brunell actually had four top notch receivers to throw to.

I believe we need a new QB, another receiver & a better line. It would be great if we can get a new QB, if not at least a line that will give him more time. The line caused a lot of problems in some of the games.

I seldom post here but had to say this: WHAT a great year we had. Yes, it ended a couple of games too soon but the 'Skins will be back next season, looking for that Vince Lombardi trophy! :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I only wish I didn't live four hundred miles from DC. I'd be there, wearing my Sonny Jurgenson jersey, cheering for my Redskins. Gotta love 'em.

That was an embarrassing display on offense today. To force that many turnovers and only put up 10 points is just inexcusable.

And the offense can't blame their performance on facing a stellar defense this week. Anybody who tries to talk up Seattle's D after this game is a fool. This putrid offense killed themselves today. They turned in another disgusting performance, but unfortunately this time the defense couldn't bail them out like they've been doing for weeks.

It's a shame really. This defense is really something special, and it's being wasted by our offensive impotence. If we had even just an average offense it would have made the difference today.

First and foremost, we need an offensive coordinator. We need somebody else to call he plays, plain and simple. This offense has become painfully predictable. It was downright embarrassing watching us on offense today. We also despearely need another WR. And the more I watch Brunell, the more it becomes apparent that he is not the answer at QB. The sooner Campbell is ready, the better.

It was a thrilling season, but a very disappointing way to end it. This loss would have been a lot easier to stomach if we didn't look so shockingly terrible on offense. The absolute lack of progress on offense is very troubling and doesn't bode well for our prospects next season. Let's hope some major overhauls on that side of the ball are on the way this summer.

Although Saturday's loss was disappointing, the 2005 Redskins season surely wasn't.

Winning six in a row after going 5-6 is something to feel good about. I thank coach Gibbs and his staff, and the players for a thrilling year.

The Redskins are once again contenders. I'm looking forward to an even better 2006.

That was an embarrassing display on offense today. To force that many turnovers and only put up 10 points is just inexcusable.

And the offense can't blame their performance on facing a stellar defense this week. Anybody who tries to talk up Seattle's D after this game is a fool. This putrid offense killed themselves today. They turned in another disgusting performance, but unfortunately this time the defense couldn't bail them out like they've been doing for weeks.

It's a shame really. This defense is really something special, and it's being wasted by our offensive impotence. If we had even just an average offense it would have made the difference today.

First and foremost, we need an offensive coordinator. We need somebody else to call he plays, plain and simple. This offense has become painfully predictable. It was downright embarrassing watching us on offense today. We also despearely need another WR. And the more I watch Brunell, the more it becomes apparent that he is not the answer at QB. The sooner Campbell is ready, the better.

It was a thrilling season, but a very disappointing way to end it. This loss would have been a lot easier to stomach if we didn't look so shockingly terrible on offense. The absolute lack of progress on offense is very troubling and doesn't bode well for our prospects next season. Let's hope some major overhauls on that side of the ball are on the way this summer.

That about sums it up for me too.

I'll take this season though over any other non-Gibbs season :) It just has so much more potential. And it pains me to watch this offense.

It's putrid. And it's been putrid for 34 games now. Even the games where we put up some decent numbers on offense are inflated by the defense.

But I love Gibbs. And I love the Skins. And I'm hopeful, someday, our offense will not be so embarassing.

This was an excellent season with many highlights and good memories. I would have been happy just to beat Dallas twice and go 8 - 8. Instead we beat Dallas twice, the Eagles twice and made it to the second round of the playoffs. I went to Tampa last week and was proud to be a skins fan.

This team has great heart and some very strong talent. Defense is clearly our strength and kept us in the game this far. Brunell had some really great games this year but overall has been inconsistent and seems out of gas. On the other hand, the offensive line did not seem to be protecting him well and couldn't do much to get the running game going. Seattle's defense seemed like they had a copy of our playbook.

Coach Gibbs has done a great job turning the team around. I think now it is time to look toward the future. We need to work Jason Campbell in as QB and build for the long term. We need to make some aquisitions to strengthen our offensive line and most importantly we need to get another strong WR like Moss so the defenses can't just double team all the time. Overall we are headed in the right direction.

HTTR

it was a great season with a sad ending, and here's the quote that will always be said "There's always next year." I think for the Redskins to have a chance this upcoming year Ramsey should be given another chance. Think back to when Brunell got hurt, Ramsey did a good job playing for him. I think he was 7/10 with like 105 yards or something along those lines in the second half of the Giants game.

That about sums it up for me too.

I'll take this season though over any other non-Gibbs season :) It just has so much more potential. And it pains me to watch this offense.

It's putrid. And it's been putrid for 34 games now. Even the games where we put up some decent numbers on offense are inflated by the defense.

But I love Gibbs. And I love the Skins. And I'm hopeful, someday, our offense will not be so embarassing.

Good thing you're a mod. If anyone else copped to this, they'd get crucified--a la every other thread on the board where you don't get on your knees to Boonell or his coach.

Archived