Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Seahawks.

Art

Enough of this "we need a QB" crap. Gibbs doesn't need Payton Manning to win a superbowl, he needs a smart quarterback that's smart with the ball and makes plays when they are there....

Yeah, you're right. In 1991 we stunk on offense.

Rypien was so much better than Brunell it's not even funny. And Ryp was PRONE to the big mistake.

You guys who keep ripping Brunell, are you blind or just have no football knowledge?? Watching this game, I didnt see anything he did to lose the game for us. He takes what they give us. Im a huge Gibbs fan but I have to be honest, why do we wait until we're 14 down to start throwing the ball with consistancy (talking about play calling). We run, and we run and we run and today it wasnt working. Brunell had no time to throw tonight, I thought our O-line had a sub par game. Coach Gibbs needs to be a little more aggresive with the play calling, thats my opinion. Then again, when we do drop back and pass, we've got two guys to throw to, thats it. Taylor Jacobs has had his shot and done nothing with, lets move on. We need someone to take the attention off of Santana and Cooley, then I think you'll see an even more improved Brunell. But I know Brunell did a fine job. I think with another reciever and much better pass blocking he will shine. I also think if you put another QB in there the way our protection was today, you would have seen devastating mistakes that would have taken us out of the game long before the last play of the game! Thats what I think. Hats off to the entire team for surpassing everyones expectations, and hats off to Seatle, we just got beat. The refs. didnt help us much but whats new, right? I mean, that offensive pass interference call at the end of the first half, to me, was a huge difference maker. Congrats Skins, we'll get 'em next year. :logo: :applause:

The Redskins had a great year! Elite Eight! We lasted longer than 24 other teams, we have nothing to be mad at. We went into a tough stadium to play in and played the number 1 team in the NFC. I was disappointed that we didn't win this game, but I am proud of all the things we accomplished this year. We surpassed the expectations of everyone this year. I remember at the beginning of the year, the critics were all over this team saying that we would be the last team in the NFC East and that Joe Gibbs was washed up. Guess we proved them wrong by being one of the top eight teams instead of one of the bottom eight teams as they expected. I am pumped and excited for next season and expect the same result, the 'skins an underdog turned Superbowl Champions. Wow that sounds so good!:dallasuck

Geez, people with 1 post ever are coming out of the woodworks.

WE got here with the team that played. Geez, people who were not on the turf are coming out of the woodworks. Burnell is our QB and he did a fine job. He stepped up to the the job when we needed him and he lead us to the play offs. After the past few years we are finally back in the mix. Whadda season!

By the way, I haven't had anything to say until now and now I say , I am proud of the RED SKINS! :cheers::applause:

Isa

I do not want to cut or trade anyone, our team was done in by injuries, plain and simple. But you know what? We hung in and almost beat the best team in the NFC and more or less the third best team in the league, at home. We got players that I had given up one (Brunell, Jimoh, Royal) to step up and play efficient football. We can turn anyone around as long as they buy into the system. All we need is a bye week that is not so damn early, and maybe a first round bye in the playoffs, then we will be fine. Some of our players played well today, some did not, but we stuck it out and never quit. I am so proud of our boys, and what a great ending to a magical season. Hail.

PS Now if the wiz can turn things around and get into the playoffs, then 2005-2006 will truly be great :).

people ,please dont hang your heads we came, we fought ,and came up short, noone gave us a chance all season,but we showed up and played like redskins, but alas we came up short. i am so proud of this team .....thanks coach Gibbs and the entire Washington Redskins Org for a great ride, we are winners again,and it feels so good. put a few more pieces in place in the off season, and big things are instore for this team...HEAD UP - CHIN HIGH AND ALWAYS STRAIGHT AHEAD HTTR

Seahawk fan here. You guys talked all that ***** all week long , but who was right? You couldn't even beat us without our MVP!! All that crap about us being "paper champions", we proved that wrong and you know what, you can't even consider yourselves "paper champs" since you were a lowly wild card entry. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! All you have is the offseason. HAHAHA redskins are just a bunch of hatchet chucking, wagon burning, prairy ******s. SEAHAWKS RULE!!!!!:laugh:

Lordy.

I love big and bad people on the internet.

They scare me.

:rolleyes:

Blondie

Has anyone figured why we didn't challenge the spot on the 1st half 3rd & long catch by Seattle? Clearly it appeared the spot was bad and it should have been 4th down. Seattle would not have gone on to score their first TD of the game? Why did we give them that? Even the clueless Fox announcers noted the spot was bad.

Secondly, we all saw the constant movement and adjustments Seattle's defense was making...why did we never go no huddle, just to keep them from substituting?

Yeah it was a great season, blah, blah, blah, but next season sure feels like a long way away...anything but first sucks.

All I can say is "thanks"! It has been a great year and what a wonderful

ride. This has been a season to cherish. We won double digit games when no one thought we'd win more than 4. A special part of the year was sweeping Dallas and keeping them home for the playoffs.

Again, thanks to all the players, coaches, and support personnel of the

best team in professional sports.

Hail To The Redskins!!!!

Has anyone figured why we didn't challenge the spot on the 1st half 3rd & long catch by Seattle? Clearly it appeared the spot was bad and it should have been 4th down. Seattle would not have gone on to score their first TD of the game? Why did we give them that? Even the clueless Fox announcers noted the spot was bad.

Secondly, we all saw the constant movement and adjustments Seattle's defense was making...why did we never go no huddle, just to keep them from substituting?

Yeah it was a great season, blah, blah, blah, but next season sure feels like a long way away...anything but first sucks.

:logo:

I wondered about that too... the WR came back for the ball, his knees were at the 1st down marker but the ball was a yard short when he went down... the announcer, johnston, even made a comment about it... bad spot, should have been challenged.

:logo:

Blondie you are so right! I like it when people come on here and tell us how bad we are, seeing as we were one of the top eight teams in the league! Being a number six seed in the playoffs might not have been such a bad thing as we made it to the second round while the number 3 and 4 seeds were at home! and the the "deadskins", ha, come on now, just because your team didn't make it doesn't mean you have to talk trash to us! You should dave that for your team! we have nothing to be ashamed about. We did a great job this year and I will be glad when the haters leave us alone and stop drinking that haterade!:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck

Good season. If someone had told me that we would beat the Cowboys twice, the Eagles twice, the Giants once, and make it to the second round of the playoffs at the beginning of the season, I never would have believed them. Thanks Joe. You took us way farther than even us true Redskins fans thought you would.

Thanks to Joe Gibbs & his coaching staff, all the Redskins football players, front office management, many more Redskins affiliated personnel, and all of us fans for a great 2005 NFL season. Being 10-6 and making it to the NFC Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs definitely showed a lot of character from this football team, and made great strides and improvements through this season. This 2005 NFL Season for the Redskins was a big stepping stone for improvement in performance as this team is still a work in progress. With more continuity throughout the Redskins organization as a whole, the Washington Redskins will be a force to be reckoned with in years to come.

It was a tremendous year. As for the offense being terrible. Injuries dictated our play. Earlier in the year when Patton was healthy Moss was getting over 100 yards each game. And later in the year when Portis was running over everyone Randy Thomas was leading the way. So, as I see it the injuries to Patton and Thomas hurt us more than we wanted to believe. Hopefully, we can bring in one or two more receivers and a backup lineman that's not 43 years old (nothing against Ray but he cramped up today and that's when Seattle started getting pressure). Defensively, we need a big time pass rusher on the line and a solid number 3 corner (Walt Harris needs to go) and we should be set. Does anyone know who our free agents are this coming year. I also read somewhere that the skins are something like 20 million over the cap for next year. I sure hope that is wrong. Once again great year.

Archived